Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
With the passing of our dear friend Fatherdog, I thought it was worthwhile to make a thread to try to remember all the times he quoted himself from long periods ago to own people and the way he banned dumb people, despite giving them several opportunities to shut the gently caress up.

One of the funniest things about Fatherdog was that in the old old days, he openly advertised that he would fight anyone that showed up to his school if they didn't think he was legit.

As you can see, this was back in the day before people recognized what MMA was and thought a "true martial art" was supreme. There was actually a lot of debate over this in the early days, despite it sounding crazy in the year 2017. Fatherdog was fairly active on Bullshido, a website/forum used to distinguish between "McDojos" and legitimate martial arts schools and so he did get his fair share of chances to back it up when he called people out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqVA5-n7Llc

He also did have one amatuer bout against a giant steroid freak (because Fatherdog was too tall to make it into real weight classes) but the promoter seems to have taken down that video because I can't find it. Anyway, this was the dude and you can tell he is a lot more built that Fatherdog, who is just tall and skinny:

The fight didn't go great for Fatherdog because he couldn't get a takedown and he couldn't use knees without getting punched in the face a lot (at least that's how I remember it, it's been a long time). The fight eventually got stopped in the second round because Fatherdog got a gigantic cut.

With Fatherdog's street cred solidly locked down, he became the natural choice for the first MMA moderator of PSP after we split from SAS. There was actually a lot of contention at the time about being placed into our own forum with the Wrestlehut people, which seems hilarious now because MMA is much, much dumber. However, Keven made a joke by calling Matt Mitrione "Fat Shitrione" and received a probation or something and we couldn't let that happen again. We had to have one of our own.

Once he became moderator, Fatherdog's policy was "Im not going to do much unless it disrupts poo poo, and im just going to let people make fun of you until you leave". Especially in those days of 1 UFC card a month, this was important because people tend to go off the rails a bit between fights and he would've just been banning people all day long. My favorite ban of his though was from the Agony and Ectstasy of being a Fedor Fan thread where he banned a Fedor apologist because he wouldn't shut the gently caress up despite it being clear Fedor had links to Nazis or white supremecists or something. He also banned Mobn, who people look back on with rose-tinted glasses but seriously that guy was an idiot.

Please share your other funny Fatherdog stories here. RIP buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

1st AD posted:

Please rename thread to "The Agony and the Ecstasy of being a fatherdog fan" tia

it was supposed to be a play on him getting punched in the face a lot in his amatuer bout but either way

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

here is probably the only pic from the fight on the internet, and you can just barely see fatherdog being helped by the ref. that dude was massive. at least we are pretty sure it is their fight. it was a terrible idea to fight that guy.

• Locked thread