Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

YeahTubaMike posted:

open floor plan offices, god willing
this will never go away fyi

companies can squeeze many more people into a workspace to save rent, and also under the guise of "communal better productivity" which everyone knows is horseshit but some people buy into it. plus you can watch over everyn so companies loving love it in every field now since it's cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Xaris posted:

They're fine and tasty, but you have to treat them as basically a Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Treat than yogurt

31g of sugar for 8z of yogurt is a dessert, not a morning nutritional side

if you want the best yogurt, Trader Joes sells bomb greek(or non greek) plain yogurt that's loving delicious and not basically a fat american ice cream treat with the pretense of being "healthy" because it's yogurt

drat! I'll stick with siggi's.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Paying employees.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Causal Fridays

in the grim future, there is only Hawaiian Thursdays

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Xaris posted:

companies can squeeze many more people into a workspace to save rent, and also under the guise of "communal better productivity" which everyone knows is horseshit but some people buy into it. plus you can watch over everyn so companies loving love it in every field now since it's cheaper.

corporate panopticon will never die

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
work/life balance

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Xaris posted:

I work at a little hole in the wall place in the middle of nowhere. People who contribute have offices, and the drones work in what we quietly call "the bullpen." I work in the plant so whatever.

Also moustaches are way dated even by retro-ironic timeline and I hope they go away as a marketing thing along with mediocre local craft beer. And also a friendly reminder that Ben and Jerry's is a division of Unilever, a massive, probably-evil corporation.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

nooneofconsequence posted:

I saw this on sale in the store yesterday, is it good?

The "Tart Cherry" is fuckin' excellent. All the other flavors I've tried have, indeed, been too sweet.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Lesbian Bed Death posted:

The "Tart Cherry" is fuckin' excellent. All the other flavors I've tried have, indeed, been too sweet.

yea i get that it's good for my dirty dick

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Admiral Bosch posted:

appealing to neoliberal social attitudes

what are neoliberal social attitudes?

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Micro_____

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Xaris posted:

same, at least something like the United or lame hrblock stuff wasn't as bad as god drat black walls with garbage smilies. i hate that they decorate it so much cause the actual natural station is kinda nice.

black walls are loving ugly and add in all the hobos that are right under that and its just depressing

On the bright side its going to make for easy dystopia setting for films. Take oppressive black walls with artificial smileys and like icons, add barrel fire and hobos gathered around it

Then you just need to add one sci fi guard ambivalent towards their suffering guarding the 1st class transit

Freestyle
Sep 2, 2014

by R. Guyovich
paying employees

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Freestyle posted:

paying employees

Employees not on a salary

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Podcasts.

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
HR.

All disputes against management, however legitimate will be solved by an email with the subject line "RE: gently caress You" and an attachment containing your termination along with a picture of a coked out board member rubbing their genitals on the personal belongings you left on your desk.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

open floor plan offices, god willing

I'm with you on this one. People who gripe about cubicles have apparently never experienced the hell that is open floor plan.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
whats wrong with open floor plan i like the people i work with

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

XMNN posted:

whats wrong with open floor plan i like the people i work with

Many LOLs.

Putting actual ingredients on food products. Soy will be patented to the point where each genome will be grown as MK1344-B, rather than last-year's MK1344-A, but will get a more marketable name like "All Natural Soy"

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Phlairdon posted:

Lately every street/subway ad by some tech startup is done in some atrocious, simple graphic style. They all look the same and it always looks like who ever was in charge couldn't be bothered to hire a designer to do it, rather they have their programmer poo poo it out on their off day. Lyft is the latest culprit guilty of this and I can't wait for this trend to die in a fire.

style tends to fluctuate between poles of extreme minimalism and extreme ornamentation, but graphic design has been hovering consistently around minimalism for a while and probably won't shift away from it significantly in the near future.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Corporations will be directly running for office before too long, and some people will cheer for it if they have nominally progressive social platforms (because that's currently better for their profit margins).

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
being regulated in any way

also, employing humans (beaten several times over but it bears repeating)

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Smiling to customers. Nobody working for a large corporation is happy.

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
Paying some CEO millions of dollars when a robot can crunch the numbers and give a breakdown and solutions for under-performing departments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

chumbler posted:

Corporations will be directly running for office before too long, and some people will cheer for it if they have nominally progressive social platforms (because that's currently better for their profit margins).

Exciting, isn't it?

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 16, 2017

• Locked thread