Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

NYE, Halloween, and at Patrick’s day are the worst nights of the year to go out

Christmas Eve and thanksgiving day are the best.

In college we went out for nye one year. $20 cover for literally every bar but for that $20 you sometimes got a half glass of complimentary flat, warm Cooks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I have glazed chicken, beef and spicy pork marinating in the fridge because we're doing mfing yakitori grillin tonight.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Decided on making dirty rice for dinner, though I’m a wuss and swapped out the chicken gizzards for extra ground pork. Gonna sweat my way into the New Year!

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
In Shadow of war do I want to move into act 3? Or chill in act 2?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

whoever is willingly going to times square tonight in this freeze

lol

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Vertical Lime posted:

whoever is willingly going to times square ever

lol

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

In Shadow of war do I want to move into act 3? Or chill in act 2?

If you’re high enough level go for it.

Something....happens

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

FizFashizzle posted:

If you’re high enough level go for it.

Something....happens

I'm level 40 and almost done with the side quests

This is ominous af

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Final Fantasy 13 while skipping every cutscene and using your finger puppets to make up your own story is the best Final Fantasy game.

Otherwise uh, Theatrythm I guess.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ff 10 12 and 13 are all good games. the zodiac job system in 12 makes it too easy to minmax and get all the ultimates because chances are each character is getting a job all to themselves, and licenses for gambits kind of suck because you're fine with 2 or 3 straight away for non magic characters and you probably want all of them for magic ones

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

I'm level 40 and almost done with the side quests

This is ominous af

You just probably need the bright lords armor from the riddles quests.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

In college we went out for nye one year. $20 cover for literally every bar but for that $20 you sometimes got a half glass of complimentary flat, warm Cooks!

I don't think I've ever done NYE in SB. We would always go to events. By the way, if you show up to an event dressed as an In N Out guy everyone will single the jingle when you pee.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I went out for NYE once-- did vegas-- and never again. home with friends and family is just fine

I'm an old

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Yo kid

Lemme get some of that candy

I'm imagining that doggo saying that and sorry friend its not good for you

FizFashizzle posted:

Working service industry, I never go out now on those dates and if buy something that tips I tip like $20

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 1, 2018

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I don't think I've ever done NYE in SB. We would always go to events. By the way, if you show up to an event dressed as an In N Out guy everyone will single the jingle when you pee.

We went to uhhh O'Malleys, Sharkeez and EOS.

It was the worst.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Happy new year guys. Have a loving great 2018, love everyone.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I'm going to drink Xmas ale in the dark and not think about the Seahawks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im watching New Years sponsored by Jia Dou Bao on 14 hour delay.

Also Im drinking.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
I'm hosting my in-laws for New Year's. My brother in law and his family is great, but her mom just won't shut. The. gently caress. Up.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Hey Doctor Swickles, if my oxycodone/ibuprofen meds say to take one every 4 hours, and I wait 6 hours after the last time I took one, am I still destroying my liver/kidneys/whathaveyou by drinking? My desire to drink tonight is starting to overtake the pain in my neck, but I already took some meds earlier today, wasn’t sure if I needed to wait 24 hours to flush out my system or whatever.

On a related note, this growing up poo poo sucks, I remember the halcyon days of not giving a drat what meds mixed with what drinks, consequences for my internal organs be damned, but now I get overly paranoid that little indulgences are going to lead to dialysis at 55 or some such.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Hey Doctor Swickles, if my oxycodone/ibuprofen meds say to take one every 4 hours, and I wait 6 hours after the last time I took one, am I still destroying my liver/kidneys/whathaveyou by drinking? My desire to drink tonight is starting to overtake the pain in my neck, but I already took some meds earlier today, wasn’t sure if I needed to wait 24 hours to flush out my system or whatever.

On a related note, this growing up poo poo sucks, I remember the halcyon days of not giving a drat what meds mixed with what drinks, consequences for my internal organs be damned, but now I get overly paranoid that little indulgences are going to lead to dialysis at 55 or some such.

I have no idea on Oxy but isn't the ibuprofen danger screwing up your stomach and causing internal bleeding? Which I'd assume takes more than one instance of boozing while taking it. Plus after the last couple of years how sure are you that you want to live through 2018?

(I am not responsible for you taking any terrible advice from me or even thinking I have a clue what I'm talking about, because I do not)

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Grittybeard posted:

I have no idea on Oxy but isn't the ibuprofen danger screwing up your stomach and causing internal bleeding? Which I'd assume takes more than one instance of boozing while taking it. Plus after the last couple of years how sure are you that you want to live through 2018?

(I am not responsible for you taking any terrible advice from me or even thinking I have a clue what I'm talking about, because I do not)

Eh, I’m asking medical advice from internet football friends, pretty sure any ramifications are my own fault.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm about to go see Celine Dion.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I thought ibuprofen hosed up your liver?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

seiferguy posted:

I'm about to go see Celine Dion.

Hope youre not on a boat

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Home made pot pie report:

Really really good. Pie crust turned out well with some tips I got from my cousin.

A+ am going to make again.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

OxySnake posted:

Home made pot pie report:

Really really good. Pie crust turned out well with some tips I got from my cousin.

A+ am going to make again.

Meat pies underappreciated in the US

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Meat pies underappreciated in the US

Yeah, I'm surprised they're not more popular. Beef, bit of onion in a thick gravy inside flaky pastry is an aussie staple.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Barudak posted:

Hope youre not on a boat

Vegas, actually. Saw she was performing for New York's NYE performance which made me go :thunk:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Its Rinaldo posted:

I thought ibuprofen hosed up your liver?

Tylenol.

Ibuprofen hits the kidneys

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Glad I celebrated Irish New Year instead of freezing my rear end off in Downtown Pittsburgh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Happy New Year dorks

https://twitter.com/nocontexttgp/status/947642530706939909

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Jenny Mccarthy is a blight in humanity and I wish she had never been vaccinated

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I hope you all have the best year ahead of you. I know it can look bleak in spots, but you've at least got a pint or helping hand on the rest here.

Be safe and happy in 2018

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
hey fam drunk on xmas ale playing bpugb hope you good freundes have a hpappy new year and and goog 2018 tfff yreperesenttttt!!!!!

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jenny Mccarthy is a blight in humanity and I wish she had never been vaccinated

Isn't she just the worst person? This loving dumbass most known for being attractive spearheads this anti-vaccine crusade and people jump on board for no real reason.

I loving hate Jenny McCarthy. Hate hate hate her.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Happy New Year, fellow football nerds

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Happy New Year, fellow football nerds

Same, thank you all for being the subforum that made me get an account and continuing to be cool.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 1, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Happy New Year, ya goofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Quick version of how some OTC meds work:

Ibuprofen and naproxen (Motrin, Aleve, Advil, etc.): These are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These reduce swelling and give pain management. The major risk of toxicity is with the kidneys, but you usually only see that in people who take it high dose daily for chronic pain. You also tend to see it more in prescription only NSAIDs, like the infamous tordol. The other problem is that it can give you ulcers, as it also blocks the production of a prostaglandin that is responsible for maintaining your stomach lining. Combing with alcohol enhances this effect, so some people have a couple drinks, take ibuprofen and end up with bad ulcers. Some people are just fine.

Acetaminophen (Tylenol): crazily enough we have no idea how this works. We do know that like NSAIDs its is anti-pyretic (lowers a fever), and has pain relief. Unlike NSAIDs it is not anti-inflammatory, so it won't help swelling go down, so its better to take ibuprofen for your bumps and bruises. It is also one of the most OD'd OTC drug in the country. It is toxic to the liver, and can be fatally so when combined with alcohol. Very few things can cause liver enzymes to spike over 10,000 and 99% of the time its tylenol.

Aspirin: anti-inflammatory, and for pain, but has little effect on body temperature. Is great for men in preventing heart attacks and in women in preventing strokes. Its "blood thinning" abilities are amplified by alcohol, but otherwise not a lot of interaction.

As to your previous question, as long as you feel the opioids are out of your system, then go for it. However, the major issue with opioids is the respiratory depression. So if you have some drinks and some oxy you will just stop breathing, which is bad.

Happy New Year!

• Locked thread