Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

cheesetriangles posted:

I think the first was the holy Roman empire which formed modern Germany then the second was Germany until the end of world war 1. The third Reich was a sequel that most people agreed didn't need to be made and was just a cash grab and they were out of ideas.

It was a worldwide smash, though. Absolutely killed in Russia iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I spent $600 on a snowblower two years ago and I have used the drat thing only 3 times. gently caress you global warming!

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Why didn't you buy a snowcone machine instead?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Everytime I see nazi music I just think of that fat sack of poo poo from American History X listening to the local head nazi's lovely rear end recordings or those two girls who hit puberty and realized what their parents were making them sing.

i just think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxd8ml-n5NE

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

fishing with the fam posted:

One of these days I'm really gonna have to find out what happened to the first two reichs.

The first Reich was the Holy Roman Empire and the 2nd Reich was the Kaisers Reich until the end of 1918. From 1918 to the nazis there was no "Reich" just a hated government made up of cowards and Bolsheviks according to the nazis

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

TheChirurgeon posted:

It was a worldwide smash, though. Absolutely killed in Russia iirc

Nah, it had a big opening weekend but no legs.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

sean10mm posted:

Nah, it had a big opening weekend but no legs.

weather will do that to you, though

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

One of these days I'm really gonna have to find out what happened to the first two reichs.

The first one is now the Catholic Church and the second one got its rear end beat by America.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

SHOAH NUFF posted:

From 1918 to the nazis there was no "Reich" just a hated government made up of cowards and Bolsheviks according to the nazis

I guess they didn't have the reich stuff.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

TheChirurgeon posted:

weather will do that to you, though

There's a great book on the siege of Stalingrad that is extremely bleak that just keeps getting bleaker and bleaker. Like the Russians are just totally without food or ammo for wide chunks of it and it's all your standard totally overmatched army surviving by sheer determination stuff, but once the counterattack hits and the Germans get encircled, oh man. They didn't have full winter provisions so guys were just freezing to death at their posts, they eat all the officer's horses and the last few weeks of flights there's soldiers shooting themselves left and right trying to get a med evac on the supply planes and tons of injured soldiers just get trampled to death, and eventually the ones that survive capture just get marched to a prison camp and left to effectively starve to death. During that whole time Hitler kept sending them instructions to hold out because an imaginary relief force was coming to rescue them.

There were a bunch of anecdotes about the cannibalism going on in those camps and I'll probably never forget the one about this Italian soldier with this chaplain who ends up protecting his brother's corpse from hungry Germans for a full night before collapsing (and then the Germans had two good meals).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Can we compare the grueling season and constant injury buildup on a team to Stalingrad somehow? The Chargers?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A stalwart defense allowing a temporary holdout before the lack of offense results in doom? Sounds like the Texans to me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Browns are a lot like those Polish / Eastern European villages that would keep on getting conquered by the other side and getting purged over and over again.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Japanese troops left behind by their army in the Pacific Islands the Allies decided to skip were full of terrible starvation and cannibalism

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

The Browns are a lot like those Polish / Eastern European villages that would keep on getting conquered by the other side and getting purged over and over again.

"Hooray! The Nazis are here! Oh no, the Nazis are here!"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
The Chiefs are like Fascist Italy. Convinced they are a powerhouse that demands respect but the rest of the world chuckles and shakes its head

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
the redskins are run by a terminally stupid ultra-rich guy. i cant really think of a country that corresponds to...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

shiksa posted:

the redskins are run by a terminally stupid ultra-rich guy. i cant really think of a country that corresponds to...

Sounds like every team and country.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shiksa posted:

Niger

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
*SWOOOSH*

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shiksa posted:

drat is she shopping for clothes at the american girl doll store

is that good or is it a lovely hack job like a lot of ff ports? i just literally got a new computer yesterday and the vintage i can actually run on steam has expanded dramatically, and getting games for the old ps2 i have hanging around is a roll of the dice if it actually works.

Nah, it's pretty much the same as the original, except with slight better graphics and a choice of og music or some sort of remake. Haven't tried X-2. that may be different.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

No it's pretty obvious

Dan Snyder is the new US ambassador to Niger

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Nazi Germany and the Dallas Cowboys didn't Finish The Fight.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

whiteyfats posted:

Nah, it's pretty much the same as the original, except with slight better graphics and a choice of og music or some sort of remake. Haven't tried X-2. that may be different.

cool, ill keep an eye out for it on sales and such. of all the final fantasies that i planned poorly and gave up when i got to a really hard boss, i liked the way that one played the most.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Blitz7x posted:

No it's pretty obvious

Dan Snyder is the new US ambassador to Niger

I guess getting Chip Kelly to go was never gonna happen

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

incompetent posted:

Nazi Germany and the Dallas Cowboys didn't Finish The Fight.

If I weren't a bad poster lazy and phone posting I would photoshop and image of Dak and Zeke chained to machine gun nests like children were during the Fall of Berlin.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

I'm learning a lot about Germany itt

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The Bears are led by the frail, old matriarch of the family, whose son is woefully unprepared for anything resembling competent leadership. Hmmmm.....

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Raiders are Australian because they're all criminals.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

a patagonian cavy posted:

I guess getting Chip Kelly to go was never gonna happen

:golfclap:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

haven't said andey in a hwhile. (pronouncing the first h in 'hwhile' very strongly)

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

The Bears are led by the frail, old matriarch of the family, whose son is woefully unprepared for anything resembling competent leadership. Hmmmm.....

Bears confirmed for move to London?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/822469024768520194

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Filthy Casual posted:

Bears confirmed for move to London?

yeah they're gonna be turned into hats when they get there

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Am I the only one who thinks that Peyton Manning sounded like a bird the way he audibled "Omaha"?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Glorious srebijca, fourth Rome!

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

Whats goin on with that big red blob

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
He's giving Snyder and Trump the red card!

Sport joke

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 20, 2017

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Give wrestling refs yellow/red cards to throw at the wrestlers for stuff. In a royal rumble it'll look like confetti.

• Locked thread