Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Hot Diggity! posted:

New TFF contest punch a Nazi and have it recorded so we can see who can punch a Nazi the best.

So this is how we are deciding the new mod? I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

Will Ferrell should be in more halfway serious roles, yeah.

Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig did a Lifetime Original movie and played it completely straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=921UzgGkcVw

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I don't know how anyone can watch a movie with this:

in it and think "yeah, that was overrated and dumb".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Next thing you people are going to say is that the Crank movies were bad.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

They made more than one???

My man, go watch Crank 2 right now. It's Neveldine and Taylor's magnum opus. Also, instead of constantly needing adrenaline, Chelios is given an electric heart so he constantly has to shock himself to keep it powered up. It also has Bai Ling going crazy. It also has so many other things and just stop and go see it now and be blown away at a film making style that can only be described as "maximalist".

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

:wal: Doltos is as bad at grading QB's as he is at movies!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

This is a good term and I will be stealing it from you.

Thank Jason Mantzoukos on the How Did This Get Made episode of Gamer, another Neveldine and Taylor film.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Doltos posted:

It doesn't segregate anyone. Segregation is when you force separation. People choose to post in divisional and fun threads because that's what they want to do.

The much better explanation is MorningView is a total moron that was given the moderator keys by a creepy stalker and disagreed with all our fun stuff because he's a total moron

Didn't you rage quit TFF for a while because people disagreed with you draft analysis.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

For real though, when picking a mindless movie you should check out the podcast How Did This Get Made. Pick a movie that they cover, watch the movie then the podcast and thank me later. Since we are on the subject, they cover Con Air and is an excellent intro episode along with Face/Off.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Shane Falco is the best fictional QB of all time.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey TFF, if you are like me and have an hour commute, and also some complaints about how the government is acting, I am here to give the PSA that the single most effective way to get your message across is by calling your local reps and Senators. E-mailing is easily ignored, as is hand written letters. Phone calls are the best way to implore a congressman to do something. Visit house.gov to find out your reps, and a basic google search to find your senators. A phone call is always logged, while other methods are not. I call everyday on my way home from work, so pick whatever time is more convenient and call. This is not a political statement, just a statement of how to get what you as a constituent want conveyed to your representative and Senators. Its activism, which now more than ever is needed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

As great as the Cox rants were, the Kelso insults were the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mktnyfOyY

Also, the one where he refers to a poorly performing intern as "future dentist" was pretty great.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

HIMYM was ok. It was really good when they had some of the ongoing plots like the Slap Bet and Robin Sparkles.

Happy Endings was a great show that was in the standard group of friends hang out in the city genre.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Alaois posted:

remember Mission Hill

It was too Kafka-esque for me.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Trump is supposed to go to his Mar a Lago resort this weekend and there is a protest/march scheduled. Since its in my back yard, I think I will go, but I want a clever sign, maybe football related. Any suggestions? Was thinking of an Alex Smith tiny hands reference, but that seems lazy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cash Monet posted:

Hot TV Takes:

I couldn't get into Breaking Bad because I liked Malcolm in the Middle and couldn't see Cranston as anyone other than Hal. I watched the first season and it just never clicked.

If you haven't been watching the Americans I think all the seasons are on Prime right now. Its fantastic.

Just imagine thats its Hal. He left Lois and the kids, got remarried and changed his name to stay hidden.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stretching in the mornings and at night are the singular best thing for plantar facaiitis.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

Is that fucker ever not at Mar A Lago

Its actually pretty brilliant, the geography and roads make it nearly impossible to protest. Once the number went over 1000 the one scheduled for last week was cancelled for legitimate safety concerns.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Tonight I had a ribeye with mushrooms cooked in wine and corn as the side dish. I am not a huge corn fan and normally would do creamed spinach or Brussels sprouts, but my step dad is trying a low potassium diet and that might be the biggest pain in the rear end diet in the world of low-[NUTRIENT] diets.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chilichimp posted:

My dad also loves to sautee mushrooms in wine.

I haven't done that poo poo in years. I gotta get that back on.

A cream brandy sauce is also amazing! What I did was cook the steaks in a pan, then transfer them to the broiler. While the steaks were cooking I sauteed the mushrooms in butter and a little bit of wine. After I transferred the steaks out, I deglazed the pan with wine and added the mushrooms to that mix. Came out really well!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

A Man and his dog posted:

I'm confused. What does a low potassium diet do and what does it entail?

It is a diet designed to make intake of potassium as minimal as possible, which is difficult because its in almost everything. The population most likely to go on a low potassium diet are those with kidney issues, as potassium excretion is controlled by them. The reason why its a pain in the rear end, is that opposed to most nutrients where there tends to be a rule of thumb about what has what in it, potassium doesn't follow any such rule. For instance, people on blood thinners, specifically coumadin/warfarin are advised to avoid foods with Vitamin K. Well, leafy greens are the biggest sources of vitamin K, so in general, avoid those and you are good. Potassium is high in some veggies, but low in others. Same goes for almost every classification of food. You literally have to google the potassium content of every single food.

edit: High potassium in the blood has the pesky side effect of stopping the heart, so in populations where its a danger, the diet is strictly followed.

swickles fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Feb 12, 2017

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

A Man and his dog posted:

It's bad. She's crying non stop.

I took her in my arms and hugged her. I feel so bad for her. Breakups loving suck.

But, life moves on.

Daltos, I hope you are feeling better from the flu.

Are you gonna bang her in front of her ex to establish dominance?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

TeeMerk posted:

This spring I am planting a small garden.

Tomatoes do well here as well as peppers and okra.

any other TFF goons feeling the green thumb?

I like to keep mint (for mojitos, mint juleps, and other cocktails, hint: use chocolate mint!) and basil for caprese salads. It grows in a small rear end pot that you just need to keep near a window if you don't have a yard. The only other fresh herb I would use consistently is cilantro (I make a lot of guac). I was going to say rosemary, but I really only use that a couple times a year.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Something reminded me of the chickencheese thread and now I miss it. I think I might go get stuff to make myself a nice chickencheese tomorrow night.

Oh god, haha that was great. I was actually only aware of it because at the time I was following the cigar thread, and a regular there was the challenger that resulted in the renaming of the sub-forum.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

"Sick or not sick" - quick way to determine how urgently you need to see a patient, also like the first thing you learn once you start clinical rotations.

"...and then they got a 5 and 2." Pretty much how any good story about a crazy or unruly patient ends. Its 5mg of haldol and 2 mg of ativan, also referred to as an ETO (emergency treatment order).

There is a lot of jargon interspersed but a lot of interpersonal conversation is essentially the same.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

They want to portray themselves as victims, so maybe don't literally physically attack them while they're peacefully demonstrating, yeah.

If you feel that systematically eliminating a race of people is defensible then I think its pretty defensible to punch you in the face. At least you live.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Guerilla War was a cool top down shooter for NES. I also liked

Mendel Palace was cool too. And I also liked the beat em up games like Double Dragon, but I mostly remember that arcade. Growing up, my parents owned a bar/restaurant with a couple pinball machines and a few arcade game. They gave my parents the key so in the mornings while they did inventory and whatnot, I got freeplay on all the games. Because of that, I was the only one of my peers that ever beat a Metal Slug game.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

You're the man. I've always wanted to do that and have long said I could do it easily (definitely a lie but still).

I meal prepped for the week
breakfast burritos
Chicken, rice, vegetables for lunch
Steak, sweet potatoes, sautéed greens, broccoli for dinner

Just a big dick move all around by me

My old roommate ran marathons fairly competitively. After almost making GBS threads himself during the first one, he basically developed a diet where he could poo poo everything in the morning and be good. That diet you have would result in you making GBS threads yourself mile 15 if you made it that far.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, I feel at this point Keanu could lead Seal Team Six no problem.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Back in 04 I think it was, there were three hurricanes that all hit pretty close to my parents house and they called to ask me if I had any possessions in my room they should protect from water damage and flooding. I had them get my baseball cards and 1992 complete Dream Team Set including the holographic and plastic special team card and a few comic books. I wonder how little they are worth now compared to what I thought they would be worth.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

when i was like 20 i won 400 bucks at harrahs in new orleans

walked right in to larry flynt's and blew it all

i hope that girl got in to dental assistant school....

I went to a club once when I was in medical school. Girl said she was saving for nursing school. Actually saw her a year or so later on the floor as a student (she had a distinct tattoo on her forearm which is how I recognized her).

My only other strip club story involves a girl recognizing me. Apparently we had gone to middle school together.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Spoeank posted:

1. Battle of Endor
2. Caravan of Courage
3. The Phantom Menace

Forgot Holiday Special buddy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Being single when every single one of your friends is coupled up is weird.

You are looking at it the wrong way Ross, you just have a lot of options for 3somes.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I didn't know who you guys were talking about but I remember her from Deadwood, which I'll probably end up watching again now that I've reminded myself of it instead of the OJ thing or American Horror Story.

She was also good in the short lived Sorkin series Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

No Irish Need Imply posted:

That loving show

I have a serious love/hate relationship with that show. I feel like that was Sorkin at his most cocainiest.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Get Out might be the best horror movie of 2017.

I normally don't care for horror, but it being Jordan Peele and the premise seem interesting. Also, Brad Whitford is usually great in everything,

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm going to a thing in Jacksonville next month. Is there poo poo to do in Jacksonville?

Depends on where you are at. Also, how much to do you like meth?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

My answers are right downtown and not at all.

I know near the beach there are a couple solid breweries and they are supposed to have a nice waterfront area with tons to do.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Why don't you guys just get a job that pays 350k+ plus bonuses? You all seem as lazy AF.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Race, or more importantly, continental ancestry group, is actually becoming more and more important in drug development and therapies. We have known for years that some drugs work better in blacks vs. whites, or are less effective in Asians. Now with a better understanding of the human genome we are understanding why and are able to use that to our advantage in creating drugs that are more efficient at what they do. After that, who the gently caress cares what color you are.

• Locked thread