Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Don't know what book he is referring to but I highly recommend Stalingrad by Anthony beever and also the hardcore history podcast series called ghosts of the ostfront.

I binged that and I was loving haunted for days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

a patagonian cavy posted:

Star Wars movies, best to worst-

Empire
A New Hope
Rogue One
Return of the Jedi
Force Awakens

Ahem it goes

The old grimdark one with the puppet backpack man
The original
The letdown after the grimdark one sets it up so big
The new woke one
The new super grimdark one with undead actors

[massive cliff]

The one where he killed younglings and broke her heart to death
The Ewok Movie With Wilford Brimley
Boba Fett is Kiwi Now: The Movie
The Ewok Movie Without Wilford Brimley
Roger Rabbit's Pod Race Shitastrophe

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Silly Burrito posted:

Just watched Mad Max Fury Road today.

What the hell was all the fuss about? Felt like a Michael Bay movie in the desert.

It was a totally balls-out action movie that was heavy on stunts and practical effects, light on CGI, and it was way more Girl Power than most action movies since it was about group of women defying and ultimately bringing down a literal patriarchy

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Remember gooncamp and also remember how fyad called the cops on one of them so people didn't bring drugs and they ended up smoking dreadlocks clipped from an attendee

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
People smoked matted goon hair

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Intruder posted:

She doesn't like PRIDE either

you mean like the sumo wrestlers getting kicked in the head show or something different

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Why the gently caress have we not had a chat thread every offseason at least? This is great. I used to enjoy the hijacks in the offseason thread more than the trickle of offseason news anyway.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

my ultimate is charging

winky face

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Spoeank posted:

Alex Jones says the deep state is slowly poisoning trump hell loving yes I love that insane loony man

Never met him but basically everyone I've talked to who's ever been around him in person reported him to be pretty normal and low-key. Strongly suggests that he's not a lunatic, but rather he's playing a character designed to attract a following of people who are extremely susceptible to believing wild claims so he can tell them they need his overpriced snake oil products in order to not die. If he was just a genuine crazy person he'd be a lot less culpable as far as what he's done. He's running a scam and doing massive amounts of collateral damage along the way.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Kalli posted:

He was recently in court trying to keep custody of his children and while on the stand, was completely unable to not come off as an unhinged lunatic, which kind of killed that whole thing.

His argument was that it was a character, he did not lend it much credibility.

OK, well there's still a huge gap between being a weirdo and genuinely believing you have seen hard evidence that Hillary Clinton personally murders and chops up children for pleasure. Maybe he's an actual unhinged person playing a character, but I'm still pretty sure he is in fact playing a character for cynical reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I was in HS. There was talk of something happening in the morning but I didn't get to a TV until after the second tower had been hit. I'm not sure if it had fallen yet. I know I watched the towers fall a thousand times that day and afterward, but I don't actually remember if I saw it happen real time or not. I think everyone knew right away we were living in a different country than the one we woke up in.

• Locked thread