Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Amy Pole Her posted:

How’d you get your money out? My cousin made 50k on a $100 investment in 2012 but he’s having a hell of a time getting money out. He’s gotten 2k out of a Canadian ATM so he’s already won but it feels like you’re investing in a poker site. Same exact feel about the uncertainty.

I bought and sold through an exchange, coinbase. Not a huge amount, just in the mid four figures. I just used some extra money I had in my checking account, but made enough to where I didn't have to pull from my vanguard brokerage for another year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
lmao that house. how .... just how?!?!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Blue ridge mountaiiiins, Shenandoah riiiiveeeeer

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The HR lady at my last job absolutely hated me after I told her how lovely the travel policy was and how it actually cost the company money and made the employees less happy. It caused a big stink with my whole department, her, and the COO. So I decided to start going out with her intern

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I forgot to buy lactose free milk and now I want to die

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/USCPSC/status/940639116038983680?s=15

Head down, mouth closed (unyielding to alpha)

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
It's happening.gif

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The question is how long it will take trump to tweet that it's because Moore didn't embrace him fully or some poo poo

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Or illegal votes / fake news spreading lies I guess is probably where he'll go with it

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
The chat is amazing tho it's like twitch chat for politics

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Spoeank posted:

nick saban got 19,000 votes

this isn't a loving game you assholes

Those were by far mostly votes that were gonna go R so.... what's the problem?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Taking poo poo posting to a whole new level

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

C-Euro posted:

I've definitely gotten razors through TSA in the past (the double-sided kind for safety razors). Only place that called me on it was Orlando and they also took my shaving soap at the same time because "it's a liquid over 3 oz". Bitch it was solid :argh:

I had security try to do that to me in Scotland with my deodorant stick. So I took the cap off and turned it upside down lol

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Uterine Lineup posted:

I still use the wine in a can trick.

I was Charlie for Halloween once and I was drinking wine from a can and eating pumpkin pie filling out of a tin of cat food. Everybody fell for the pumpkin pie trick. Also I pranked myself by thinking "oh I've only had five cans I'm good" when I didn't do the math that that was like 15 beers on an empty stomach within an hour and passed out.

E: One of my favorite Always Sunny episodes that hasn't been mentioned was Who Got Dee Pregnant. It has one moment that was the hardest I've laughed at TV in my life.

Also The Gang Cracks the Liberty Bell is good.

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 20, 2017

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I have no idea how to start this personal statement for my grad school application. The application doesn't have a letter of intent so that's throwing me off a bit. The admissions person said it doesn't have to be flowery and to keep it short and focused. I am talking to her again tomorrow, but I want to have something to work with before I do. Do I write about an actual life experience? Some lame rear end work project? :iiam:

I'd use a combination of both. Say what you've done in the past (work and/or personal, maybe people you've spoken to) and why it makes you want to go to grad school. Then why theirs is a good fit for you.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Which one is better tho

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Joey Freshwater posted:

What's the weirdest/dumbest thing you've ever heard on a conference call? Alternatively, whats the weirdest/dumbest thing you've done on a conference call?

I had a few friends coming in town staying at my place 4th of July weekend so I worked the Friday beforehand from home so I could let them in. They go on a beer run and I get on my one call of the day. As they get back home they come in the back door and jokingly yell "THANKS FOR BRINGING IN THE loving GROCERIES!" The call goes silent for a few seconds. Thank god it was just an internal call so nobody really cared.

Leperflesh posted:

Whenever I'm in a large (like 20+ people) Zoom conference for work, there's inevitably about a half-dozen people who have taped something over their laptop's camera instead of just disabling video in the conference. Naturally they're also working from home and consuming bandwidth to upload video of the backside of a piece of tape. And whenever that person speaks on the call, the main window switches to a square showing their piece of tape.

This is not a difficult thing to deal with. Zoom puts a control to turn video on or off in like four different places. And these people attending the calls are performing technical duties at a large software company.

I honestly think if you can't figure out how to click the button that turns video off, that's basically proof you're not qualified for your technical job at a software company. Like you're clearly aware there's video, or you wouldn't be putting tape over the camera.

People keep tape over their cameras all the time. I'd say of the people I see on laptops it's a 50/50 shot if they have it taped over or not.

The Big Jesus fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Dec 20, 2017

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

C-Euro posted:

Smoothies are great and I recently realized that I can buy a lot of frozen fruit for the same amount of money that I was spending on fresh fruit, and also it keeps way longer. I need to start going through milk more quickly though, it always feels like it's right about to expire when I finish using it.

Not necessarily organic, but any ultra pasteurized milk will last like two months. I can't tell the difference in taste between it and regular milk despite the higher heat.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Hypnotism is all bs though, right?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Headed to Nashville for the weekend. Any foods/places I should check out?

Go titans

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

CannonFodder posted:

Got a mandoline and a stick blender, gonna make hassleback potatoes au gratin and green bean casserole to go with the Christmas ham while wasted. Wheeeee

I got a mandolin too and I'm loving pumped

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Be careful. Those fuckers are amazing and dangerous. Cut my finger to the bone using mine the first time.

It came with a tool that grips the stuff for you so hopefully I can stay in one piece

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thaddius the Large posted:

Tonight was my first time making whipped cream by hand. It will also be my last, because Jesus Christ how did people ever have the patience to discover it’d turn out if you whip cold cream and sugar for what feels like 6 years.

First time I tried to do that I used an electric hand mixer and lol did you guys know if you do it long enough it turns into butter???

• Locked thread