Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Edit: ^^^beaten

seiferguy posted:

Internet knight, basically a temp mod / a mod for 1 thread.

Oh right, I forgot that's a thing. Like Roasted Donut and the Penn State/Sandusky thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
This is the first time I have ever been sad I don't have archives.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I would imagine PYF would be one of the easier forums to moderate.

"Hey idiots, no one has posted a funny cat picture in two pages. Be better at posting funny cat pictures in this, the PYF funny cat pic thread."

Moderating done.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Alaois posted:

you have very clearly never read a PYF thread, it's almost impressive how such a banal forum can just create massive bubbling cauldrons of contempt that occasionally boil over into multi-page shitfights

Just the PYF funny pictures and meme threads. So apparently I have just gotten lucky.

Edit: what the hell, I feel like I have inadvertently been page sniping like crazy lately.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

That reminds me of those real weirdos who think once a woman has had sex she's like a used condom or something.

My wife was taught this kind of poo poo. The analogy they used was tape. Each time it gets applied you lose some of what makes it special.

Its a really hosed up lesson.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Remember during the debates the one thing Hillary said she admired about Trump were his children.

I remember that being the only question in the debates Trump answered considerably better than Clinton. Clinton side stepped the question and made it about his kids, while Trump unequivocally complimented Hillary. I really didn't think he had it in him.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Mythril Corset
+8 DEF
-1 AGIL
+2 MAG DEF
-4 BCK SUPRT

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Blitz7x posted:

Wife Christmas gift ideas, what are we thinking boys

You, in a nicely wrapped box, buttass naked.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
My wife and I haven't exchanged gifts on Christmas since we got married. Are we the weird ones?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

She admitted it.

That had to be tough. Sorry to hear about that.

Did she admit it angling for forgiveness? Or was it clearly the end of the relationship?

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Joey Freshwater posted:

That jerk supporting Human Rights! :argh:

(Nation's largest LGBTQ group)

Got to make it clear they are advocating for the wrong "humans".

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Joey Freshwater posted:

I just got an email from my boss giving me poo poo because she felt I didnt put the correct people in the To: and CC: lines in response to an email I sent like 10 people.

Bitch it was a general email to 10 people I just added them at random. Also I can’t remember ever paying attention to who was in which line on an email.

I sent her a response asking her if there was an outline for SOP so I didnt mess it up in the future.

Eh, I have to agree with your boss. This is the way I saw it put and it stuck with me:

quote:

Be discerning about your use of To: vs. Cc:. Why? Ever receive an email where it's unclear who has the action because everyone is in the "To:" field? We designate the To: field for who has the action (could be multiple people). Cc: is simply for their information—with no expectation that they will take action on the email, other than receive it.

Seems like a small thing, but really helps in long email chains with lots of people.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

No Butt Stuff posted:

I grew up in my Dad's basement, and he kept the upstairs at like 64-65 year round. I'm just permanently used to the cold. I loved that part of Wisconsin, because there was always a slight chill and there was always an excuse to wear a hoodie.

While discussing this with a customer from Alabama, I mentioned I keep the temp set to 64 in the winter. I do that because I like the cold, but they think I do it because I'm cheap and made fun of me. :(

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Stall until 2 am so everyone voting on the bill is exhausted and just wants to go home.
- A quality process for producing quality legislation

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Intruder posted:

63? WTF? Do you wear heavy coats around the house?

Jeans and a flannel shirt. Proper winter garb.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Our people have a complicated legacy.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
You're hosed. Better build a fire using your pants and cook your shoes for sustenance.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Ehud posted:

GRANITE
COUNTERTOPS

Don't listen to this fool. Quartz for life.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

weird Asian candy posted:

Recently bought a house, a new build, so today was design center day.

Why yes, I would like a heated marble bathroom floor.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Oh man, 13 years old me saw the title 'Sex and The City' and jumped to the completely wrong conclusion about the number of boobies I would be seeing.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
We fully expect to be credited your shipping fee times the number of fatalities. PLEASE ADVISE.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Whoa, what's that? Now that I found out Paul Ryan delivered delicious carne asada skillets to a table I no longer think he is giant piece of poo poo.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Neil Armbong posted:

Indian devs from India. They also 'have doubts' instead of questions.

The first time I saw the word "updation" I became unreasonably angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
The next Star Wars should open with Poe getting hanged after a military tribunal finds him guilty of disobeying direct orders multiple times, getting a bunch of people killed, and leading a mutiny. Now THAT would subvert expectations. None of this "I like that mutineer's spunky, can do attitude" bullshit.

Edited for spoiler tags.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 27, 2017

• Locked thread