Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Its Rinaldo posted:

I mean, what's Saban's stance on universal healthcare and the carbon emissions :frogon:

Probably not as fun as Greg Popovich

I bet you that he could beat Ted Cruz in 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I don't know why anyone would use satellite radio with a million podcasts and streaming music options available.

Nba and nfl games while driving

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

C-Euro posted:

Basically Trump was so burnt by Obama at that dinner that he set out to destroy America in retaliation.

He was already a birther way before then, thats part of why Obama specifically roasted him

Then, later that night, Obama supervised the operation to kill Bin Laden

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

pubic works project posted:

Oh God are we still having this Jordan vs. LeBron argument? Until one of you invents a time machine, we can't settle this. So let's talk about something good....like food chat.

You're right, this argument is dumb

Kobe would beat both of them

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

a neat cape posted:

So in effect, ESPN now owns all the fox sports regional networks which is where fox sports gets most of its revenue right?

Lol Colin Cowherd, Jason Whitlock, and Skip Bayless

The really big thing is that this is going help absolutely destroy the leagues during the next media negotiation cycle, because there are now way less companies bidding for the rights

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/EoinHiggins_/status/941499433585438720

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

Why aren't there any hot new directors these days? Also never let someone direct a big film unless they've got tons and tons of experience, thanks

They're all sex pests

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think my friend said it best, we basically watched the Director's Cut of the movie last night

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Unfortunately, that substance is intern rear end

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Kalli posted:

They should make a wheel of time show, and ignore everything that happens after book.... let's say six.

Also probably just go ahead and rework the whole thing because that first book is pretty nonsense at the end too.

Sony is working on it, having managed to finally get the rights to away from the people who had it before

As much as I enjoyed WOT, I fully expect it to be terrible. Though I guess they might manage to get through the first couple books before it really goes to poo poo

Intruder posted:

The funniest thing about Wheel of Time is how the main hero who I'm sure isn't a self insert in any way gets to marry three beautiful women and they're all cool with sharing him, then his powerful sperm gives them all twins/triplets (Well I can't remember if he knocks Min up or not)

No, the funniest thing is that he based it off his own experience of balancing dating 2 girls at once and them being cool with it, and he decided "well if I can balance 2 girls, the savior of the world should be able to handle 3". I guess a lot of chicks were into spanking back then, or something

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Dec 18, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I still have trouble accepting that he isn't just some actor getting way into character for a role as a crazy talk show host

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Spoeank posted:

I accidentally tricked a chud in the replies into admitting we need to eat the rich. They're so dumb :allears:

Over thanksgiving, my ultra-conservative uncle said my cousin was doing a great job taking money from rich idiots as a consultant who told companies things they knew, but no one wanted to admit. He then spent a good chunk of the night arguing in favor of the tax cuts :psyduck:

Oh, also complaining about how the religious, private school he sent his kids to decided to:
A: Move to new larger building since enrollment was so high
B: Once moved into the new buildings, jack up tuition to pay it off
C: Now that enrollment has plummeted for years due to the super high tuition, looking to move into a different, smaller building, but doing nothing to address the fact that no one sane wants to pay nearly 30K a year for kindergarten

Sigh

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 19, 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Isn't this literally the plot of the matrix

Turns out the Wachowskis weren't just dumbing down the original concept, they were just that forward thinking

Good god, how the hell are they getting any kind of decent electricity out of that rig

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

that was the central stupidity of the matrix, why not use pigs or something easy to entertain, also it's not efficient farming food to feed an exotherm just for heat when you could just burn the calories directly in a furnace

you all know this, I'm just still testy about it 17 years later because it was such a stupidly lazy justification for the premise when they could have said like the AIs need human brainwaves or they're using the unused brain cells as biocomputers or something

I think they did in the original script but were asked to dumb it down

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Freaquency posted:

O'Hare regularly seems to say "gently caress it" and let you go through screening with full pockets, belt and shoes on. Of course once you're through you're stuck in the crowded hellhole that is O'Hare so I guess it evens out.

I was stuck at O'Hare after thanksgiving, they kept delaying the flight in 30 minute chunks for like 4 hours

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

FizFashizzle posted:

lol there are aliens and no one gives a poo poo because it's 2017

I still feel like this is really far for Fox to go to promote the new season of X-Files

quote:

Under Mr. Bigelow’s direction, the company modified buildings in Las Vegas for the storage of metal alloys and other materials that Mr. Elizondo and program contractors said had been recovered from unidentified aerial phenomena. Researchers also studied people who said they had experienced physical effects from encounters with the objects and examined them for any physiological changes. In addition, researchers spoke to military service members who had reported sightings of strange aircraft.

By 2009, Mr. Reid decided that the program had made such extraordinary discoveries that he argued for heightened security to protect it.
“Much progress has been made with the identification of several highly sensitive, unconventional aerospace-related findings,” Mr. Reid said in a letter to William Lynn III, a deputy defense secretary at the time, requesting that it be designated a “restricted special access program” limited to a few listed officials.

A 2009 Pentagon briefing summary of the program prepared by its director at the time asserted that “what was considered science fiction is now science fact,” and that the United States was incapable of defending itself against some of the technologies discovered. Mr. Reid’s request for the special designation was denied.

So yeah, either some rich dude and a senator got loving duped, or aliens are real, or some other country has loving future tech and we're using the alien angle to cover that poo poo up again

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/943555934382682113

:lol: If Lavar Ball ends up killing the NCAA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Apparently Ryan is already talking about the cuts so they won't even wait a day.

I mean, he has been dreaming of finally killing off the remnants New Deal since he was in college, so this is nothing new

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah but most thought it would take some time, not immediately.

https://twitter.com/JStein_Wonkblog/status/943557305936773121

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I feel like my avatar is appropriate here

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/943642786418577410

So again, like the AT&T bonus, this was already planned ages ago

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Don't know how this wasn't posted yet

https://twitter.com/APBusiness/status/943961299536539648

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

somebody explain who Cernovich is and why SA pays so much attention to him

Like I don't understand why everyone is so worked up by him. Is he just a guy on the internet saying hateful things or is there something more there?

please advise

One of the craziest of the trumpers on twitter that isn't a literal russian bot, but somehow with evenless common sense. Wrote a book about drinking gorilla semen to become more masculine (or something like that) and lives off alimony from his rich ex-wife

Basically the ideal kind of guy for SA to mock in 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How does one get 15k in alimony per month?

Asking for a friend
Should have asked Cerno during his ama yesterday

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I think you would struggle to find a literal crack house that would be as cheap as 200k within 15 or 20 miles of where I live

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I saw The Post last night and it was pretty good. It's the new Spielberg movie with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep about the Washington Post and the publishing of The Pentagon Papers during Vietnam and is essentially a prequel to All The President's Men.

I can't say it was his best movie, but it was still quite good and has pretty obvious applicability to modern attacks on the press.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Just play Camel Cup, the game about gambling on camel races

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

hifi posted:

cribbage is good too

:agreed:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Play Machikoro, it's the best city building board game

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Also, Secret Hitler is the best board game for never trusting your friends ever again. 10/10 game, my favorite of the lying games

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Intruder posted:

I just looked at how it's played. So it's basically mafia/werewolf?

The voting mechanics are fun, plus you get to spend 45 minutes calling your friends fascists

Plus, it includes a Trump sticker that you put on the Hitler card

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
If I can suggest one mor board game, Isle of Sky

Seriously, it is so loving good

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
I see those commercials and wonder how loving rich you would have to be for that to be acceptable

50 mil in the bank?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
4 months away from having my car paid off :dance:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

I prefer Calcio Florentino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRIkInhmIlc&t=1060s

Its basically medieval proto Rugby with way more fighting

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Jk, love you man

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
My parents had never seen Die Hard before

I'm currently fixing that, but man, it starts slow

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Every year, my whole family watches Die Hard together after the Lakers play. Tomorrow is going to be fuuuuun!

I'm going to the game tomorrow with my dad :buddy:

Also, #2 christmas movie is definitely Scrooged

Have you tried staples?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Ehud posted:

remember the reason for the season

cavs vs warriors while eating lots of food

You mean Porzingis vs Embiid

• Locked thread