Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

It's 80 degrees in Houston Jesus

Winter doesn't happen in Houston anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

CharlestheHammer posted:

They are kind of pointless and just seem to segregate everyone so it makes sense they weren't a thing.

Plus it creates cliques and animosity between them and discourages new blood from posting. Not that we ever get new blood these days.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Is there a good leaf antenna with a range over 30 miles? I'm at 34 from the TV towers here and the signal flakes out when conditions aren't perfect.

Trying to stay indoors because an outdoor antenna is, like, :effort:

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 25, 2017

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

weird Asian candy posted:

Like I said, I've had a lot of success with the 30 mile antenna, so the 50 should be even better. I really have liked the Mohu, the quality is amazing and supposedly it is already set for 4K whenever that starts getting pushed.

https://www.amazon.com/Mohu-Paper-thin-Reversible-Performance-MH-110599/dp/B00HSMK59E

Might be a winner. I have the Amazon Basics 30 mile now.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I think the biggest posting menace to SAS now is the fact that the MLB thread is like 80% white noise posting about the Cubs. A lot of the regulars stopped posting there because it just became Cubscubscubs posting.

That's how it's always been in the MLB threads, except for the late part of last decade when it became Yankeeschat. I imagine that's pretty much how it is everywhere since most casual fans seem to be either Cubs, Yankees, or maybe Cardinals fans.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

Not yet but it's raining really hard now and so many people I know thought it was over after last night so lol at them

Oh wait

I also just got in from standing out in the street for like ten minutes letting the rain wash over me

I'm about one more good rain band from getting water in, I'm sweating that pretty bad right now

I forgot to top off vodka too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Had Slim Chickens for dinner. It's a new Cane's ripoff that's springing up all over Texas. Wasn't impressed.

• Locked thread