Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

shiksa posted:

There's not enough right wing safe spaces on the internet

It's more lowtax is chasing the mythical conservative buck.

Trickle down never works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Which time

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am reading books about the Seleukid Empire because I am so loving bored of WW2.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I randomly chose an apologistic book about Caligula to report on that attempted to view him in a unbiased light way back when I was in school. It was alright.

Might have been this. Pretty much everyone who wrote about the dude who actually knew what went down is on the record as hating him, which is evidence that he was everything people tend to think about him. But it could also be evidence that maybe he wasn't quite all that bad and just pissed off the type of people who wrote about things back then.

I'm not actually recommending this book but it's about that other thing that's way over analyzed and not WW2 so...

You should get one of the books about the lesser known Emperors. There is one on Constanius II that is really good and loving Maximus Thrax is getting a book later in the year despite ruling for like ten minutes in one of the harder to understand eras.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

guys this movies great it has a guitarist strapped to the top of a truck!

yeah but whats it about?

and there's these awesome car chases and huge explosions!

but whats the movie about

... tom hardy grunts a lot while they try to run away from a bad guy but then they have to turn around and go back

ok

I love your complaint that if you strip a everything from a movie it becomes to simple.

Like fury road has a plot and it's fairly complex for an action movie.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

a patagonian cavy posted:

I feel bad for goons who will never take joy in god's perfect cinema creation: the Ben hur remake

It had so much plot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Star Wars prequels are actually the best movies as its all plot.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man I need this thread. I keep making the mistake of posting in D&D arguing that maybe the US can withstand the disaster of a Trump Presidency and not fall into a literal dictatorship. This of course makes me a closet Trump supporter.

They are correct.

You are even a pats fan!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

Don't post in D&D. It's really loving simple.

Or post in it but don't be a whiny baby about it.

Either or

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

This is probably the best metaphor for a relationship I have read.

Also works for life in general really.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Vicky 2 is the best game of our generation.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories. BobFromMarketing trying to reach an agreement with the parents of a 14 year old Icelandic girl that would allow him to gently caress her comes to mind. Or anything to do with Ramedial.

Reach an agreement?

What does that entail

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Honestly I forget the exact details but it was just as disturbing as it sounds. Like negotiating over a reverse dowry.

Yeah it's probably for the best.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

To be fair the Romans learned really quick after Crassus and Anthony's failures.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They are kind of pointless and just seem to segregate everyone so it makes sense they weren't a thing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

I'm not familiar with that game. When you said fantasy you don't mean like a wizard and elf provided color commentary?

I think that was were they just got some random dudes to commentate and they gave the game the respect it deserves.

Doltos posted:

It doesn't segregate anyone. Segregation is when you force separation. People choose to post in divisional and fun threads because that's what they want to do.

The much better explanation is MorningView is a total moron that was given the moderator keys by a creepy stalker and disagreed with all our fun stuff because he's a total moron

Man your obsession with MV over some perceived slight is creepy as gently caress.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

Or maybe MV was a lovely mod that killed division threads for dumb and/or imaginary reasons and made sure everyone posted in one huge gently caress off thread so when your average poster logged in to check out TFF they were treated with having to wade through 30 loving pages a day to find any discussion about their team and they got sick of it and stopped logging in and now we have a dead gay forum...

Oh honey if you think division threads stopped certain teams from dominating the discussion.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

I came in at the tail end of the old divisional threads but I remember the AFC South posters seemed to all be ridiculously chill with each other, although everyone who wasn't a Colts fan would complain about Peyton. It was like the exact opposite of the NFC South where everyone hated each other no matter what.

Things haven't really changed except replace Peyton with Luck.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

I guess all those people agreeing that MV is terrible in this thread are obsessed too

Yeah it would seem.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

There weren't many divisional threads because they were quashed pretty quick. AFCW and AFCN were the biggest ones. The others were weak offshoots that weren't given a chance to grow.

But I guess I'm just obsessed for saying that.

Post more about how non obsessed you are

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

If you don't know the difference between having to wade through a discussion about 4 teams versus a discussion about 32 teams then...welp

20 of which no one actively talked about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

I can make poo poo up if I want as well. Doesn't make it true.

Every team had at least a few active posters with the possible exceptions of Titans and Rams iirc

You don't have to white knight for MV. He might suck your dick if you just ask politely.

I actually just think division threads are stupid and pointless.

Because they are. Weird nostalgia aside.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Ideally this forum would be one thread

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh no, I hadn't thought about that.

gently caress

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No one gives a gently caress about the whiny fucks on QCS

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

We're all having a ton of fun at the expense of Charlesthehammer's vagina getting sand in it

Wait what.

I don't care about the chat thread.

You obsessive little baby.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Doltos posted:

Brendan Frasier owns and whoever hates him can go suck a lemon cus the poor guys is getting ruined by his ex-wife right now

What about the girl in the first season that was a dime, loved him, wanted him to move with her, and he decided to convince her to gently caress him all day before he said sorry I cant move?

Teds a fuccboi

He isn't actually getting ruined by her he is getting ruined by the fact he spends money like Nick Cage.

Ted is a fuccboi tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Neil Armbong posted:

He pays over 1.2 million in allimony and child support a year and hasn't made a movie in a long time. From everything I've read he's tapped out and trying to get that amount reduced.

From what I have read he is still making a good income.

Not his hey day but still pretty good, even after alimony.

Edit: I mean it is a bit much but the internet is exaggerating it a lot for their own purposes.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 31, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I don't really see Mad Men as being all horrible people though? Like how does that work for Peggy, Joan, Roger, Ken, Sal, Lane, Stan, Sally... Even Don isn't meant to be malicious or anything like that.

And it has a solid amount of comedy for a drama.

Malicious is not required to be a bad person

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Calling him horrible/terrible/reprehensible seems like an exaggeration.

No that description fits Don to a tee, and the show seems to agree from what I have seen. The other characters I can't say about.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Sash! posted:

I'm the whitest dude to have ever walked upon this world and I've never seen a single episode of the Wire.

It's really good.

It is a white person catnip tho.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I liked shameless but after a while it became a cartoon and I lost interest.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alaois posted:

nice QCS thread daltos, you loving rube

Careful, he will use his extensive powers to force you to post only in the college threads

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alaois posted:

How would that change anything about my posting in this subforum

He will claim his victory either way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

fsif posted:

It's a fun show. Maybe slightly overhyped.

To be fair goons do that.
according to TVIV every show that is slightly good is a masterpiece without flaw.

Thar is why you ignore hype as you will be disappointed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

How did this get stickied? Has Scionix arisen? :ohdear:

We will know the second he ascends.

Because he will never shut up about it.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I'm doomed

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

They want to portray themselves as victims, so maybe don't literally physically attack them while they're peacefully demonstrating, yeah.

Nazis can't peacefully demonstrate.

Also never defend a Nazi how is this so hard.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alaois posted:

If someone starts to sympathize with a Nazi after they see them get punched in the face, chances are they already sympathized with the Nazis to begin with.

You dense motherfucker

This whole discussion is middle class liberal as gently caress.

No one had changed political affiliation based on violence and historically violence is the most effective way to stop something.

Ignoring it is how you make something stronger, let's it take root.

It's basically a way to feel morally superior without doing anything.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm shocked at how consistently ignorant I am of ~forums drama~ despite pretty much having SA open on the second monitor all day.

Drama does tend to stay in the same area and doesn't spill out most of the time. If you don't visit the forum in question it will only come up in passing.

Which is a good thing I think.

• Locked thread