Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So what the gently caress happened that caused the forums powers that be to convulse and self destruct?

lowtax decided that the forums are bad now because everybody is too afraid of being punished for offending people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I thought it was the opposite and he didn't like how Trump supporters get poo poo on all the time? Or does he think making GBS threads on Trump supporters is too PC or something?

i think we're saying the same thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Dammit Lowtax, trying to revert the forums back to its mid 2000s libertarian slant won't bring back the glory days!

Have you tried googling Ron Paul?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Everytime I see nazi music I just think of that fat sack of poo poo from American History X listening to the local head nazi's lovely rear end recordings or those two girls who hit puberty and realized what their parents were making them sing.

i just think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxd8ml-n5NE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

The Browns are a lot like those Polish / Eastern European villages that would keep on getting conquered by the other side and getting purged over and over again.

"Hooray! The Nazis are here! Oh no, the Nazis are here!"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scionix posted:

hannibal is my posting spirit animal

Relies too much on elephants and eventually gets driven out? :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

:confused: Did my school do something dumb?

Somehow, someway, a Wazzu flag ends up in crowd shots across the world.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i watched grosse pointe blank a few days ago, i'saright

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

If you've already seen the first Mad Max, I suggest you watch the original 1970s trailer for it because, like all trailers back then, it's essentially a summary of the movie but the narration is incredible.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Mad Max Fury Road: A bunch of people drive somewhere then have to turn around and drive back

The plot is stupid and boring and the characters are bland and boring but its pretty cool cinematics so whatever

will ferrell loving sucks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

:wal: Doltos is as bad at grading QB's as he is at movies!

:stat: How's that? You can tell he doesn't really watch them!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't know about the others but Paradox games are loving ridiculously complex, you can playtest the poo poo out of those things as much as is financially feasible and still miss 90% of the bugs that are gonna pop up when millions of people start playing it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Other forums for those paradox games were where I realized just how prominent nazis were becoming on the internet.

Which is sad because modern Para games have gotten a lot better at letting you play as non-European powers in Europa Universalis and HoI and Crusader Kings.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

WoW Goon stories are nothing compared to EVE Goon stories. BobFromMarketing trying to reach an agreement with the parents of a 14 year old Icelandic girl that would allow him to gently caress her comes to mind.

Was BobFromMarketing also an EVE Goon, I mostly remember the drama around that whole thing involving an ArcheAge guild, and the members of said guild being very blase about him being a pedo because he was good at fishing or some poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

Didn't you rage quit TFF for a while because people disagreed with you draft analysis.

He ragequits everything because people are constantly roasting his nuts for being stupid/wrong/racist about everything.

gently caress you Daltos, Krugs is not "in a dangerous ghetto"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

I rage quit because TFF was a giant circle jerk echo chamber backed by a lovely mod that contributed to the dogpiling

Are you talking about Krugs in Newark? The ironbound is nice but you still have to drive through a dangerous ghetto to get there. Also I only quit once :(

If you consider Harrison a dangerous ghetto I don't wanna know where you come from :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Filthy Casual posted:

I figured MV was removed because he was like...never here.

So you have never read any of the college threads

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

He stuck to the college football threads in TFF around that time but he was always around there. Still is.

:ssh: let the nfl posters circlejerk

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When did MV stop being a mod anyway?

When lowtax had his shitfit and demodded like half the mod staff

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Good, the Bad and the Weird

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robot JOX is possibly the least Stuart Gordon movie Stuart Gordon ever made but it's still really good.

speaking of which, everyone should watch Castle Freak. It's got a castle, it's got a freak, what's not to love.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fartknocker posted:

This guy gets it.

Best overall sports movie is Slap Shot.

It's my favorite documentary

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

andey hug

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Terriers deserved more than one season but the one season we got told a well-contained story

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember Mission Hill

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

none of the zelda games are good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sash! posted:

I experienced enough video game that everything is basically something I've already played and the joy is gone.

Back at Christmas, all three of my nephews asked for a different racing game of some sort and, as I stood in line at the Gamestop, I realized I held $180 worth of "drive car" in my hands. There was no functional difference between the three games.

in the sense that there's no functional difference between american football, rugby and aussie rules, sure i guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

gently caress you for reminding me of this level. gently caress. gently caress.

Though it did remind me of my, and everyone's, favorite NES music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF32DRg9opA

that isn't Solstice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypNPxwnppU0

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No Irish Need Imply posted:

uhhhh because gently caress Solstice? yeah thats it

listen, Tim Follin may have only done music for profoundly terrible games but his music was still amazing!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Double Dragon or Contra for best 2P game? What say you?

toejam and earl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

where's my goddamned PS4 Syphon Filter, Sony

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

http://burymewithmymoney.com/

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

nice QCS thread daltos, you loving rube

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Careful, he will use his extensive powers to force you to post only in the college threads

How would that change anything about my posting in this subforum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you guys better stop or he'll make a QCS thread complaining about you and then get mad when the admins make fun of him and call him a worthless crybaby rear end in a top hat

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Let's not distract from the fact that mourningview loving sucked

It wasn't even about MV this time, he started a thread in QCS crying about Hand Knit probating him in the NBA thread

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Omg I didn't even know that. :cripes: I thought you were referencing his last QCS.

Kalli and Intruder did alright.

Kalli bowed out in a month because he didn't want to put up with the actually deranged people on this website.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FebrezeNinja posted:

Please let that page stay behind. Anything else. Have some more video game nostalgia.

Uncharted Waters: New Horizons (duh)
TIE Fighter
Ace Combat Zero
DJ Hero
Uplink
Crusader Kings
Advance Wars
Rocket League
Twilight Struggle
Phoenix Wright series, especially Investigations 2

I'm sad that DJ Hero counts as "video game nostalgia", it was so much better than Guitar Hero

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

All I do is have a differing opinion than others. Gendo was an actual deranged creepy stalker. Being an internet moderator willingly means you're deranged off the bat.

I wasn't even talking about you, I was talking about people like this:

blowfish posted:

honestly i think the whole concept of punishing people for abusing animals in and of itself is wrong

animals cannot take responsibility as members of society and with very few exceptions display no evidence of a sense of self so basically they are things that respond to stimuli (no, any sort of "pain" response that can be reproduced by a few kilobytes of lovely code does not count as suffering)

as goons keep emphasising over and over again punishing people for victimless crimes is dumb and wrong so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Doltos posted:

Wtf is that

cool who are completely normal people post in GBS

• Locked thread