Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Hot Diggity! posted:

New TFF contest punch a Nazi and have it recorded so we can see who can punch a Nazi the best.

Violence against fascists is my favorite brand of activism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
There is no topic to be off of, though I am a little shocked by the lack of barbecue chat.

Vinegar based barbecue is for human trash.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As a creature of Costco I've always gotta have that Sweet Baby Ray's in the house. By which I mean it's hard to go through a 40 gallon tub.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Liquor is the best. Go liquor. Beer is fine. gently caress wine. And gently caress everyone who quotes this and argues for wine. Wine is for cooking only.

Does bum wine count?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Metapod posted:

Wow you can make the effort to make yourself dinner

This but unironically.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Perusing this thread to find I'm the only fat piece of poo poo in TFF is very upsetting.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Grilling is in your heart. You'll know what's right in the moment. Also, only flip your burgers once. Keeps in the juices.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm going to have to second the Frazier praise. The way some episodes felt like the telling of a 30 minute joke that mixed together to reach this climax with no wasted actions was just something. I'll freely admit that Arrested Development and some other modern shows are funnier but Frazier was just so overwhelmingly pleasant with it's perfect pacing. Nostalgia probably isn't coloring this for me over much because I didn't watch the show till a roommate forced it on me in 08'.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Not from my father but when I moved to the south it was one of the first oddities I encountered. Cornbread in a cup is weird but alright. Ranch on pizza was the one southernism I could never abide. Sherman should have burned it all to the ground.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

John Denver sucks!!

Couterpoint: John Denver is okay, Country Roads is cool. Did you know that Country Roads isn't about West Virginia, but the western part of Virginia? I'm not hundred percent sure that's true but my best friend told me that when we were 18 and blind drunk on Wild I so shut up it is absolutely true.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

A Man and his dog posted:

Did you know that...

No one should ever go to West Virginia.

False. WV is the perfect place to throw a crazy psychedelic laden music festival, so long as the campgrounds you book isn't aware of how destroyed the last few venues got. But still, yeah, hug the border. Don't want to go too deep into them there hills.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

He has that one song that they use on a commercial and I loathe it

YOU FILL UP MY SEEEEEENSES

Was that a car commercial? I think I had to suffer through that a thousand times back in the days when video streaming services would play the same one commercial on a loop forever until life lost all meaning.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
As expected, Kalli's dad is a cool dude.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The swath of Appalachia from Asheville into like Knoxville, up through western Virginia,, eastern Kentucky, West Virginia, and through central Pennsylvania is some of the most beautiful landscape in the world imo

I'd toss in greater East Tennessee to that list. I just drove across country hitting around 10 states and the portion of blue ridge parkway was the most beautiful part of the trip. Arkansas was by far the most depressing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I love my dumb gay football team but the Ravens emblem sucks. That original weird shield with bird wings was pretty alright but I'm still holding out hope for a photo-realistic Raven a la 90s orioles.

Sidenote: The Ravens original emblem was stolen from a fan who only wanted notice for his contribution. They also made his idea shittier.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Ehud posted:

weekend plans:

play with dogs

play video games

kill myself

continue orange is the new black binge

That's probably a better sequence of events for you.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Spoeank posted:

My wife and I are popping out two then I'm getting the snip.

Kids suck but also seem to be the best thing you can do with your life.

It strikes me that adulthood is such a fictional concept that babies havin babies is really a sentiment that applies to all of us. I for one feel totally ill equipped to rear a well adjusted human being. Hell, the dog and I pretty much take turns regarding who's in charge.

Still, the girlfriend has a bio-clock so we'll probably have a kid or two. Good luck world.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Same director as Brick so I'm actually excited.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Deuteronomy 23:13 has always been a favorite.

"And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee"

It's just good advice.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I never pay attention to the NHL until the playoffs. Did the Devil's make it or are they still garbage?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Okay. I'll check back in a couple years. What team should I bandwagon in the meantime?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Just when I think I couldn't love you more.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Well...Davos Seaworth is cool, Silicon Valley is overrated, and I have a 401k plan where my employer puts in 6% regardless of my contribution, which can be up to 6%. I have a pension too but I'll never see that poo poo so I don't even think about it.

Now I too have chatted.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

It was Gremlins but mostly Temple of Doom. Spielberg pushed his luck.

This is somewhat vindicating. I had nightmares for years after seeing Gremlins at age 3.

Kalli posted:

The two movies I watched the most as a kid were Labyrinth and Adventures in Babysitting. Both are absolutely great movies that everyone should see. poo poo, also Real Genius.

Gabe Jarret is absolutely my poo poo.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Apr 18, 2017

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Jay and Silent Bob is a movie for dumb middle school boys, which is fine. I was a dumb middle school boy when I saw it and my life is richer for it. Movie was poo poo but it introduced me to Purple Rain which is the greatest film of all time.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Pretty sure I saw a jam band once. Couldn't tell you anything about the music but the outfits and lights were a great compliment to my acid.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Happy science march weekend to all my liberal fuckbois.

One of the major downsides of moving to west coast has been my inability to march on the mall against that cancerous gently caress.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He accuses the parents of dead children of faking their grief. Professionally. Fair to say he's a little hosed up.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
:(

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I have a dog!

He's not a polar bear.

People will say he's a polar bear

But he's not

He's a dog

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Apr 25, 2017

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FizFashizzle posted:

Catastrophe just got its third season released.

It's a really good comedy to watch with your significant other.

Probably the best show to come out of 2015. It heals relationships with death jokes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
LOL if you haven't felt old and decrepit since 25 :colbert:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So I've started doing planks now, you know to be less fat, but I can never tell if I'm doing it right. I can hold that poo poo for like 2 minutes without feeling anything but rug burn on my elbows. Should I just go back to push ups and sit ups like a proper man or do I actually need to learn real exercise in order to not die in my 50s?

Bonus Question: Is out living my dog really a goal I should be shooting for?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Bean seems more at piece with...herself? than I have ever been in my life.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I was hoping to just eat a bunch of meats and do 8,000 push ups a day but some cursory googling tells me that's not actually how Jack LaLanne lived to 90.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
So I have to lose 20 pounds and 6 inches? God dammit!

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I understand that fitness isn't based on aesthetics but I've gotten a little pudgy. I'd need to pack on a shitload of muscle for where I'm at to be an ideal weight.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'm not like, morbidly obese, I can go for runs without dying. Usually. Actually I'm pretty drat winded after a mile and I generally only make that in like 9 minutes. Moving across country right after the holidays really screwed my routine and I need to make some real gains to get back where I was. The only pressing thing is getting married in 3 months so I'd like to look somewhat presentable for the girl.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
His chest looks like a solemn monkey face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I miss my 4 tens a good deal but it seems like more and more companies are turning onto the idea of schedules selected by workers where applicable. Nothing aides productivity like contentment.

• Locked thread