Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fartknocker posted:

As a history major nerd, I'm curious, which book are you referring to?

Don't know what book he is referring to but I highly recommend Stalingrad by Anthony beever and also the hardcore history podcast series called ghosts of the ostfront.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Dodgeball never gets enough credit either. One of the few Vince Vaughn movies that isn't terrible.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Sick day movie:The Raid 2
Non sick day movie: The Raid 2

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Having seen a couple of episodes recently I can say that Scrubs has aged very poorly. The musical episode was pretty good though. I'm a sucker for that poo poo. The Nightman Cometh in It's always sunny is one of the greatest TV highlights for me.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Video games are terrible. I lost the last week playing Yakuza 0 and have nothing to show for it.

I did make a chicken the real estate manager of a brothel though so I guess it was worth it.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Benny the Snake posted:

Super Mario World was the better platformer

Super Mario World was the better everything. 3-D ruined video games and then it ruined movies.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Didn't think a doormat would be the thing that kicks off the weird Mad Max version of the future of Australia, but here we are.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Y'all quit talking about dumb lovely games and instead go play Yakuza 0, where you can shove lit firecrackers in a dude's mouth then go do some disco with a Michael Jackson ripoff

And afterwards you can start a real estate empire and make a chicken the manager of a stripclub.

Yakuza 0 is the best.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

People that think the NES is a bad console are wrong and also probably young.

Mega Man 2 is one of the best games ever made.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Don't those stupid lasers return in a Wily level but much harder? gently caress those goddamn lasers.

The lasers also came back in Mega Man X-5 with the big difference being that if you get close to the wall you stick to it making that level a special kind of nightmare.
10 year old me has never been more frustrated.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Blitz7x posted:

I have to go to Suriname for a week to work

What the gently caress is a Suriname

Dutch person reporting in. Suriname is the country that the Dutch acquired along with the island of Run by trading what would eventually become New York City to the British.

Just a great deal all-round.

MalarkeyToboggan fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 24, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Diqnol posted:

Love this pic Ehud, how'd you get them to both do it?

He told them the Dolphins are definitely making the playoffs this year.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Apparently the WiiU version of Zelda is totally fine. I might pick that one up. There is nothing that looks interesting about the Switch to me. Yet.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Ehud posted:

I'm thinking about getting a convertible standing desk for work

I can't deal with sitting all day anymore and I feel like a standing desk fits with the 30 year old deadlifting IT guy mystique

Do it. Standing desks are great. It really reduced my backpain at work since I used to sit basically 8 hours a day. It also made me more productive and less tired at the end of the day.

Standing is awesome.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Thaddius the Large posted:

The heart is always so unfairly maligned, learn to love it!

The thing I learned from Captain Planet is that if you have a strong heart you get a free monkey. Seems like a good deal to me.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Metapod posted:

The best indie director is Spielberg

Tommy Wiseau is the "best" indie director.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

swickles posted:

Kevin Smith's story about Prince was amazing too.

Oddly enough Kevin Smith is pretty good at telling stories just not in a traditional entertainment format like film.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Early era Twitter is the best. This was before famous people realized that poo poo you put on Twitter never goes away.

Athletes in particular have some great old tweets.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

It's great that he had to admit in court that he's full of poo poo and just playing a character.

His political trash talking career is over so I say put him next to Stephen A. Smith and let them have the worlds dumbest sports arguments.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

seiferguy posted:

Question prompt: if you were to quit your job and start your own small business, what would it be? Assume you can make a decent living off of it, and that business itself is (semi) realistic.

I would start an internet forum and charge people like, I don't know, 10 bucks to post on it. Give it one of those names that has letters missing that Sillicon Valley VC's love. Call it Somethng Awfl or some poo poo. Sit back and watch the money poor into my bank account.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I would run an oldtimey movie theater where tickets are reasonably priced and the popcorn is delicious. Also no movie would ever be shown in 3-D, just glorious 2-D projection.

It would go out of business almost immediately though, but a man can dream.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I'm the random dots in the middle of the ocean.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Raid 2 is one of the best action films ever made. If you haven't seen it you should correct this mistake asap.

They need to get of their rear end and make the Raid 3.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

George W. Bush: Bad president, good dancer, expert shoe dodger.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

swickles posted:

Third season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has a Redskins name change storylie and a Mark Davis character and its all amazing.

I was surprised they got to use the Redskins name and the Snyder family name in the show. I guess it's a parody but they do touch on the race issue a bit.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is a great show and you should watch it.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Speaking of food. A lot of American fast food chains are expanding to Europe in a pretty aggressive way. In the Netherlands, where I live, we'll get a Pizza Hut, TGI Friday's, Five Guys, Taco Bell and Dunkin' Donuts in the next 6 months.

I've never been to any of those places. What's the best one? Or the least worst?

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Spoeank posted:

Fight your biggest coworker

Then call him the c-word so everyone knows you're edgy and not to be hosed with.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Does King Arthur the movie have a kick-rear end intro like the King Arthur and the Knights of Justice cartoon? Because it should.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=USUucZVnno0

That cartoon was rad.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

This might be the first time in human history that millions of people want to see an old man get pissed on.

WE are the greatest generation.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

Stephen A is a land of contrasts

Stephen A should only be allowed to talk about Phil Jackson and the Knicks. If we could figure out how to harness that energy we would never need fossil fuels again.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Josh Lyman posted:

Remember when everyone said Ray Lewis was gonna be good on TV? loving :lol:

Most people thought he would kill it. He took a pretty good stab at it at least.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Ehud posted:

I'm going to start twitch streaming my posting career

Take audience suggestions. A sort of Twitch Plays SA Posts.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

The Hammer Girl/ Bat guy scene in the Raid 2 is loving incredible. Great choreography, great editing and just all-round bad rear end.
I still watch that scene on youtube from time to time to remind myself that martial arts movies are the loving best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alADc_JX96A

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Hercules in New York is an underrated Arnold movie. This was a super young Arnold who could barely speak English and has to "act" his way through a gorilla wrestling scene.

His delivery on the "I'm tired of the same old faces" line is peak bad Arnold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7MUP0FImZo&t=45s

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Good. I strongly believe that most of the worlds problems can be solved with more cheese.

I'll be running for office in 2020 on that platform.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Keep refreshing Trumps twitter to see if he'll order a counterattack. Since that's the proper channel for military orders nowadays.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do not know what a hall pass list is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9CPtD_UsI

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Metal Gear Survive Coming 2018

They also just issued a patch for MGSV. Like who the hell is even making those patches? Kojima Productions doesn't exist anymore unless there's some guy in a broom closet working on the game in defiance.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I hope he spent his entire vacation editing that. Deciding where to put every wipe. Mulling over the song selection for hours. His most productive time in office yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Intruder posted:

Trump's been president for months now but how often do you find your stopping and thinking "Huh, how the hell did he get elected anyway?"

I have almost daily conversations with people that end with this question or a variation of it and I live in the Netherlands. I can't imagine what it must be like for Americans and the constant Trump talk.

MalarkeyToboggan fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Aug 10, 2017

• Locked thread