Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That was like the only thing I'd seen Brendan Frasier in besides Encino Man // Airheads, so I was like, why does everyone hate this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bad Moon posted:

Never seen the Mummy?

Came out when I was in college and had refined tastes and only watched classic films such as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chichevache posted:

The monkey man seems to be a tengu or some other kind of forest spirit, yeah. I think there is supposed to be more going on there, but my knowledge of myth and cultural references in glorious Nippon :japan: is pretty weak.

Sounds like the international version made a bunch of cuts that made that stuff explicit and were also Miike as gently caress. No wonder why the international version is so tame:

quote:

The village elder welcomes the samurai and thanks them for the money. He thinks that they now could destroy the village and it wouldn't really matter. If they would pay a little more he says that he could offer them the prettiest girls from the village for the night. This statement makes Kujuro furious. The hunter from the forest (Koyata) is actually interested in the offer.

During the night begore the battle, Koyata sits on a scaffold and says "Upashi" which is the name of his wife. Then follows a short flashback where you see her at the river. Then we see Koyata on the scaffold again. The international version does not show the first shot of Koyata and instead immediately shows Upashi. Koyata's mentioning of her name was postponed to the scene of her at the river. The cut itself seems to be a little odd. Upashi apparently eats her own fetus at the riverbank, a method which in Japanese mythology hints at the fact that she might be a demon.

Koyata takes the village elder's offer. He has sex with several women and is pretty hard on them, too. A few women lie in front of he house (obviously out of breath) when finally the last woman runs out of the house (having terrible pain between her legs); she collapses in front of the house. The village elder tries to have some damage limitation and prevents Koyata from taking one of the girls back inside which already collapsed in front of the house. The village elder says that she's already half dead. Koyata should have mercy. Then he notices Koyata's huge penis and looks at it in awe. Since Koyata had all the women in the village already, there's only one way to finally satisfy him. The village elder makes himself available.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every episode of season 3-9 or 10 of the Simpsons is great. I think the episode I gave up on the show over was either the horse jockey one or the one where Homer gets raped by a panda.

Grittybeard posted:

I choose to think of Tom Hanks as no one but Streebeck from Dragnet personally.

Same except Buffy from Bosom Buddies.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Feb 1, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

On a completely different note I really want to time travel back to 2006 or so lay down a series of bets that TIger Woods will have no shot of beating Jack Nicklaus's major championship record.

Or maybe a few years earlier to tell everyone to stop paying attention to golf because...jesus it's golf.

I kinda wonder what the tv viewership numbers for golf / tennis are like. Because ESPN focuses on those two sports pretty heavily, and I know they have a large following among wealthier people, but I don't think I've ever talked with anyone about either sport outside of when Tiger Woods fell down. Like, hell, I know plenty of people who enjoy golfing (hooray company owned golf course) but nobody I know appears to pay any attention to the PGA.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Where does the money come from??!?

Rich people spend stupid amounts of money on golf poo poo, and the companies that make golf stuff price it all sky high so it maintains its value as a prestige product. Tie that in with golf clubs being super exclusionary expensive places for rich dickheads, and the money flows.

I actually read an article recently that touched on this. Costco awhile back started selling these super cheap golf balls (I don't rememeber which article, so just google "Kirkland golf ball") that turned out to be overstock/rejects from some high end manufacturer and people found out about it and bought all of them up and scared the gently caress out of golf manufacturers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

I like video games

One month until my Nintendo switch is here !

Parts of the switch seem cool and Splatoon was one of the best games but man does the motion controller stuff and paid online for how bad nintendo is at online make me hesitant to buy it.

Also Zelda Link to the Past is one of the greatest games ever made and I've avoided playing any Zelda game since then since they're all inferior.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bubble Bobble.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Saints Row 3
Persona 4
Super Mario 3
Zelda: Link to the Past
Final Fantasy 6
Masters of Orion 2
Quake 3
Jagged Alliance 2
Burnout Paradise

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I want to get a tattoo but I dunno what of.

My friend got a tat of the wolf school symbol from the Witcher on his chest and I laughed at him.

A pokemon smoking a giant blunt.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Only incredibly lame kids did not read poetry

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Because I could not stop for Death -
He kindly stopped for me -
The Carriage held but just Ourselves -
And Immortality.

has been stuck in my head for nearly 30 years.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shovel another foot of snow mostly.

So many people got Thundersnow yesterday, but not me, I just got regular ol' foot of snow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh fun. Bar Rescue did one in my town a few years ago (Angry Ham's) and long story short, the owner ripped out everything they changed and went back to how it was like a month afterwards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just posting this because it's the most 5:30 on a Friday newsdump of all time:

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/830177807129001985

:lol:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

the most interesting part of this is that they're not referring to the prostitute piss party...

I don't follow.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 3 and Doom were probably my 3 favorite experiences on the Bone.

oh and Mafia 3, but I kind of petered out because at a certain point I stopped trying to advance the story in favor of just driving around kneecapping white guys with a shotgun.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

My second favorite moment in that game is I'm just driving around, stop at a little diner because there's a collectible somewhere, walk inside and immediately realize the collectible is around back, so turn to leave and one of the ambient lines is just "get out of here ____, whites only", so I throw a molotov at the counter, pull out a shotgun and gun down last person in that diner, chasing the last few out into the street where I'm then chased by cops all over the city as the radio is blaring Fortunate Son and I die by ramping my burning car into a bunch of parked cruisers.

That's behind the cutscene where you lynch the guy with a ferris wheel.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think I've been in enough relationships to know that there will always be time for a good j/o and cry.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

America is already great

https://twitter.com/BigDogClub/status/831892134471020549

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

the mean lunch lady posted:

how do they still exist?

Because when you're going down to the local gun show or tractor pull, you gotta dress all classy like

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I start all my work emails with Yo because no one will ever try to fire me, and if I act too professional they'll try and force me onto more conference calls or promote me to management or get me to talk to customers with questions.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Awh loving hell. My company switched over to Jira last year from a twenty year old inhouse system for logging bugs / project for development and rather then use it in a sane way, decided to massage Jira to act like how our old internal system acted and now I cry in horror at it.

We also have a separate issue reporting system for our clients that's been in use since the early 80's that was supposed to go to Jira, but likely never will.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Since we're talking about video games anyway, TO tweeted a meme of a giantbomb guy, Drew Scanlon and now I think he should be in the hof.

https://twitter.com/terrellowens/status/833127121404846081

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm slowly cleaning out my parents' attic so they can move out of their albatross of a house and I found my old sports cards today.

'91 Fleer Football looked like rear end and I think I have a full set of the '93 gameday cards they gave out at McDonalds.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Back in 04 I think it was, there were three hurricanes that all hit pretty close to my parents house and they called to ask me if I had any possessions in my room they should protect from water damage and flooding. I had them get my baseball cards and 1992 complete Dream Team Set including the holographic and plastic special team card and a few comic books. I wonder how little they are worth now compared to what I thought they would be worth.

I just hucked 4 boxes into recycling, but I found a Trent Dilfer Rookie Sensation card that I've now taped to my door.

... damnit, still haven't found my trove of Denny Neagle signed memorabilia from when he was my cousin's roommate.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 21, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

Jesus Christ, this list.

Red, the narrator, from Shawshank redemption?

lol

The janitor (Jordan Peele) and the copier repair man (Keegan-Michael Key) in a "magic negro" skit on Key & Peele (2012)[32]

The number of main characters from magical realism stories is pretty funny too. Like read the second part of your own loving definition.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

How many levels of white do you have to stack before you care about something like "alternative country"?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grabbed a fistful of cards from the box tonight and found two different Rae Carruth rookie cards.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

most underrated actor ever is john goodman

He was the only good part of that terrible Death Sentence movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mWHa2Uufpc

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

'Murica

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/836248097420361730

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

How the gently caress does anyone live in a city and also save money to buy a house? Do they just not - what the heck are the long term plans of other people mid twenties still living in "the city"? My lease is up end of May and I think I'm going to move back home to save

I also want to buy an RV and travel the country all summer though so that's probably not a wise financial investment

You have 6 roommates.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Talking with realtors about neighborhoods is probably the easiest way to figure out how loving racist this country is.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

JPrime posted:

hey doctor man why is one of my ears plugged up it feels like water but no water plz help k thx

You've got wet brain, just do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3ESAvKcT4

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I really liked the Vengeance Trilogy.

Everyone loves Oldboy, but Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance is hilarious if you enjoy extremely black comedy, and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance is one of my favorite movies.

I saw Amelie on a date and that was pretty solid as well.

The Russian Stalingrad that came out a few years back is so melodramatic that it kind of works as camp if you like, say, the Mel Gibson style of historical fiction.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Those are good dogs Ehud.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I've been playing Horizon, which is pretty great. Haven't found an ancient artifact Gronk bobblehead yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

I'll probably pick up zelda eventually, but I'm not really feeling a lot of what the switch is doing so far

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fairly similar, just with less jank and good combat.

Bunch of side quests and content to go along with a main storyline and a gameplay loop of unleashing hell on robot gazelles and crocodiles and bandits and taking their poo poo to upgrade your poo poo so you can be way more of a sadist to the poor robot crocs and bandits.

The stealth kills where you just launch yourself and jam a 6 foot spear through some poor bastard's entire center just feels real good

Kalli fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Mar 4, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Irish Need Imply posted:

so uh what books are yall reading

I'm reading the World Undone which is just a overview of WW1 because I want to read a few books on the Russian Revolution and I figured I could use a refresher.

I also cleaned out my parent's attic a few weeks ago and found a box of the comic books I never sold/threw out so I've been toilet reading through early 90's Image comics like the Maxx and Gen 13 and Codename Strike Force and Prophet and boy is it all the worst goddamned poo poo that I can't even donate. It's all going into the recycling bin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

Making my way back through my Discworld collection for the second time in the last couple of years, I'm almost finished with the City Guards line, then it'll be the Witches, finally the Death series. I just finished Nixonland and All The President's Men, and still have The Invisible Bridge to go, but between all that and real news, I needed to lighten things the hell up for a couple of weeks.

Oh I also read Monstrous Regiment recently, and hot drat, crossdressing militaristic trad caths are extremely my fetish.

• Locked thread