Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Xenoblade 2 has a waifu who is so waifu that 10 hours into the game she can transform into a magical tsundere who secretly lives inside her

try the PS4 or PC version

the pixelated polygons are smoothed out and the loads are quick

I probably will at some point. I also should play that 12 remake (hooray fast forward) and 15 which I've seen like 6 hour s of while watching a friend cream herself over the boy love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh! Speaking of JRPG's and series that died an ignoble death.

Suikoden. 1, 3 and 5 were all good, 2 was amazing, and 4 was trash.

Man was that a great overarching storyline that just got murdered in the most depressing way

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

FF XII is great because Jun Marketing was like "make some teenagers the main characters of this game for demographics" and the writers were like "pffft fine but after the first hour of the game they're just gonna sit on the sidelines looking like lost dogs while the actual characters talk about the important stuff"

It was a great followup to 10 where the main character narrates a lot, but has obvious brain damage

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

Doesn't FFXII have judges like FF Tactics? Or am I thinking of something else

Yeah, it's set in the same world as FF tactics, but has next to no overlap, it's depressing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

C-Euro posted:

Wasn't there a FF XII re-master on the way, or did that already come out?

Yeah, you can probably get it for ~$20-25 right now at a bunch of places.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

X is weird because it has the best story but the worst characters to experience it

"Its a morose journey of death where people will sacrifice themselves just to give a hopeless world an indeterminate amount of time where there will not be untold suffering, all under the eyes of a church subservient to an all-mighty god who keeps the world in this state to protect his imaginary paradise"

"LETS PLAY BLITZBALL BRUTHA"

Yeah, I played through it a few years ago when the remaster came out and the main character's narration was very obviously the confused ramblings of a mentally challenged child.

Alaois posted:

and then there's the FFXIII trilogy which isn't a video game series, it's videographic evidence of a man slowly going insane from dehydration because he won't stop masturbating long enough to take a drink of water

The story arc and growth of the characters in 13 is fantastic. The game's story aside from that is so lovely and slapped together. 13-2 was... funny but so very flawed, with an absolutely hilarious ending.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It took a lot of work to make a portrayal of a black person less sensitive than Barrett, but goddamn if a dude keeping a literal bird in his afro didn't make a strong play

Also they wanted to name him "Sax" but someone at least slapped them and made them change it to "Sazh".

Also, no, Barrett is one of the more racist depictions of a character in both original creation and translation into English.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Dec 31, 2017

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

never heard of japanese barrett, how bad was he?

I mean, it's just the same typical japanese depiction of black people.

You know, like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yYQrisUdus&t=85s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyway, happy new years guys. Gonna go help my cousin walk around handing out costco hors d'oeuvres to a few dozen of my aunt' waspy friends until 9pm then go to a goth dance party and then die somewhere between Boston and my house at 2 AM.

If I die please delete my browser history, thank you.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 31, 2017

• Locked thread