Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Not personally into Kendrick 😐

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Dave Matthews is the actual worst music of all time, but a friend of mine once suggested it was the Counting Crows and I think that's also an acceptable answer.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

Those bands are actually really good though

what instruments do you play

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lacrosse players in my freshman year dorm used to just call the Dave Matthews Band "Dave". As in "hey man, put on some Dave."

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Alaois posted:

going back to this, this is bordering on a war crime but personally, as someone who very much enjoys reggae, this is the worst song of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIh2xe4jnpk

nothing about it is good or redeemable

oof, "rude"'s a doozy.

Close second from the contemporary files:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHCob76kigA

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Speaking of, the funniest part of Some Kind of Monster was when Metallica went to see Newsted's new band and they freaked out that Newsted's band was the future.

Oh god, that is one of the greatest docs ever made. It's like the sequel to Spinal Tap, except real.

I like when James Hettfield missed his son's first birthday so he take an impromptu trip to Russia and drink vodka in a cabin.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/hateshaliek/status/829097929080123392

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is there a more defining representation of a single era in pop culture history than Steve-O advertising an DS

Mel where you been anyway?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd love to get an awesome gently caress off bed but it pretty much would require removing all discretionary spending for like a year.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus is there any greater realization of the entrance into adulthood than discussing mattress purchases on the internet

I'm trying to lean all the way in now that I'm 30.

Waking up at 8:00 am on a Saturday without a hangover is good now.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

”Work smarter, not harder” was some good rear end advice I got early on

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I went to a mall in Long Island for the first time in a while about a year or two ago. Hot Topic and Spencer's Gifts have lost their ways.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I loved Hyper Light Drifter.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is this discord channel dead? I thought that was the designated RG3 containment zone

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I have a queen but I'm thin and like thin ladies so it's fine. However I do feel bad for them because I apparently snore pretty bad. I got to fix that at some point. Where my snore goons at?

Yeah I'm pretty bad.

I went to a sleep doctor and they made some kind of mouth guard thing for me that works some of the time.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

otoh im kinda scared

like some day i'd like to run for congress or local politics or something

could you imagine someone finding LF

Hopefully by then every other candidate will have their own e-skeletons and voters won't give a poo poo anymore.

Otherwise we're truly destined for perennial rule by herbs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I highly recommend ... GBS.

Non-starter

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

absolute loving disgraceful day

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm drinking cheap bourbon and probably going to play Zelda in a bit

I can't really bring myself to fully beat it so I'm doing a thousand side quests

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

weird Asian candy posted:

Hell yeah. How far are you? I've been shrine hunting holding off on the last beast but just took the bird down tonight. 20 more shrines and I'll have em all and I think I'll take out Ganon.

Such a great game.

I beat all the beasts but now I want to upgrade all my gear and find all the memories

How many shrines are there in total anyway?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Alaois posted:

btw every thread in the podcast subforum is really really bad

I didn't know such a thing existed.

I'm not sure I could hand a Cinemo Discusso style takedown of Shittown.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli is cool even though I don't completely agree with him

Thank's

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the Dems are out of touch with their constituents but I'm triggered by equivocation between them and the Republicans. You should totally Push the Dems to the left in the primaries, but poo poo, even your most neoliberal Democrat isn't going to appoint Neil Gorsuch or repeal Obamacare.

Huge difference between a Democratic and Republican presidency and I'm kind of done with South Park analysis of both sides sucking.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Lieberman is 1. not a Democrat and 2. killed the public option, not Obamacare

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

And the Democratic Party accepted him with more open arms back in 2000 than they did... a certain Senator from Vermont.

Yeah he sucks but that was also 17 years ago

The Democrats suck but it's imperative that we elect as many of them as possible because the alternative is immeasurably worse. Get involved at a local level and try to push out the corporatists in the primaries.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

But most importantly, release the piss tape

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

was a democrat, primary'd by the dems because he was a piece of poo poo

I mean, I think that kind of says it all. He also would have been the GOP VP nominee in 2008 if McCain has his way.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

yeah but that would have been some 19th century split ticket bullshit

for all intents and purposes during the aca vote lieberman was counted on as and considered a democrat

I know and he ended up weakening the Democratic bill in the 11th hour and hasn't been counted on again. He's not even a senator anymore. This line of reasoning makes no sense.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Clinton sucks in a pretty ordinary, moderate-high level of corruption for a Democrat way. Trump is completely off the scale.

It's like the difference of having a passive aggressive boss that dumps work on you at 4:30 on a Friday versus one that has kidnapped you and chained you to a radiator.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

TRUMP

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Trump also apparently likes his steak well done. Well done... with ketchup. He has culinary taste of a six year old, or Eli Wiggum.

I mean, he likes hamburgers, basically.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chromatic posted:

This was his list of demands for his suite :stare:

It's sad that we're even at the point where this is remotely feasible, but I'm pretty sure this is a fake.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Conservatives have long believed that Hollywood and media elites have it out for conservatives. Tim Allen's show got pretty good ratings so, you know, story's like Fox viewer catnip.

There was also some poll recently that showed that Republicans believe that Christians are more likely to face institutional persecution than POC are.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I mean, they have a point. Have you ever watched the Oscars?

Oh no, Moonlight beat La La Land.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Maybe Steve Bannon will have many positive experiences with Muslims and realize he was wrong and forego any machinations towards a Muslim registry or whatever.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

What was their official reason?

Tim Allen is a legendary rear end in a top hat.

I don't know if they put out a statement or anything, but Vox did a write up: https://www.vox.com/culture/2017/5/12/15628038/last-man-standing-canceled-tim-allen

As far as I can tell, ABC needed to make room for American Idol, so it cancelled a show with good ratings that didn't give ABC quite as much money as it normally would, and I wouldn't be surprised if the pro-Trump connotations served as a tiebreaker.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Rich as poo poo, unfortunately, too.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Taco Bell is freaking good, I don't care who knows it.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chicago is really cool, even if their hot dogs are dumb and their pizza is good but a novelty dish.

Second favorite US city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Eli Wiggum posted:

Why are Chicago's hot dogs dumb

Too much stuff on them, don't really taste particularly good

• Locked thread