Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hi tff I just want to let you know you're my favorite forum and I enjoy posting with you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The only thing good about Anchorman 2 was that the whole concept was a shade takedown of Fox News and 24 hour news in general. But the rest of it was everyone trying too hard.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Fury Road was one of the first action movies to be edited by a woman too, if I'm not mistaken.

I think the final race back home was probably one of my favorite action scenes in any movie. Also, the fact that Max and Furiosa aren't shoved into a romantic relationship at the end for the sake of it was a nice touch too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
So what TFFers love Indian food? I'd probably eat dosa for breakfast if I could figure out how to cook it better.

When I went to Dubai last year, I ate so much of it. It was all good. The unfortunate side effect of eating all that spice showed up on a Safari trip though!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seattle has tons of excellent Indian food. Most of it is located in the North part of the city, by UW. For South Indian fare, Chili's is the best. Their dosa is incredibly good. Taste of India has the best chai, and it's bottomless, plus their food portions are good for the prices. Saffron Grill is very good well.

When Amazon moved in, they gentrified the hell out of the city, but at least we got some nice Indian restaurants out of it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I once dated a girl for a long time who had a diet growing up of her single dad saying "I'm not cooking for you, here's $6, go buy something at Dairy Queen." She couldn't eat anything but bland food. I once bought a bag of potstickers from Costco, and she hesitated to eat them because they looked too exotic for her. I went with my family to an Indian restaurant and she couldn't order anything on the food because it all looked gross to her.

I'm pretty sure if we traveled anywhere, we'd only eat at places like TGIF's because "at least we know the food is good."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kalli posted:

One of my ex-coworkers will not eat anything outside of the all american diet. He only eats pizza, cheeseburgers, french fries, chicken wings, hot dogs, pasta and like cereal for breakfast.

We took him out to a Chinese buffet once and were breaking through to him at least a little bit and then someone had him eat one of those red peppers in Kung Pao Chicken and he started crying and refused to ever go out with us again.

Same girl was perfectly content eating cereal for dinner (not breakfast!) every night. I mean, there's nothing wrong with American food, but have some variety in your life, smdh

I once met a childhood friend of a different ex who told me he dated a girl who was on a bland diet - like, apparently "ketchup was too spicy" bland. He was a cook professionally, so he said he started slowly adding spice to each meal they made, and got her up to eating 3-4 star spice meals without her knowing it. He broke the news to her eventually, and she was so upset with him that she broke up with him.

corn on the cop posted:

My brother dated a girl like this in his teens. They were supremely mismatched although in fairness to her she came from a...not very supportive background (grew up poor, parents stole from her, etc.). They broke up a long time ago but the exposure eventually helped her to cultivate less lovely habits.

Funny story - that ex now lives in Germany. She used to be really anti-travel and "new ideas" and after I broke up with her for basically being so set in her ways, she stopped being a boring person apparently.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 24, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

She better have been crazy hot or you better have been crazy ugly.

She flirted with the hot / crazy scale, man. When I first met her, she had been exercising for several months and was at a healthy weight, and looked really good. Then she stopped caring as we dated, gained 40 pounds, cut off most of her hair (not a full shave, but a lot for her standards) because she "didn't deserve long hair", and then faked a suicide to try to get me back with her the day after I broke up with her.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Man I need this thread. I keep making the mistake of posting in D&D arguing that maybe the US can withstand the disaster of a Trump Presidency and not fall into a literal dictatorship. This of course makes me a closet Trump supporter.

I mean, every single action I'm seeing is that we probably won't withstand him. I don't blame you for having optimism though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

:lol: I'm so sorry, man. That's terrible.

It made me realize why people stay in relationships when the other is abusive (either mentally or physically). If you imagine a relationship like a staircase, and you're at the top, each time your S/O does something crazy, you go down a step and that becomes the new normal. By the end, you're at the bottom, and you can't remember what the top was like, since you've accepted your reality for what it is.

A Man and his dog posted:

Holy poo poo. Yeah, dude she sounds bipolar.

You dodged a bullet.

Clinical depression, actually! She took meds and got back to being normal, then immediately went cold turkey, which caused a relapse that was even worse.

e: didn't mean to turn this into my personal e/n. I'll post about BBQ / strategy games or whatever from here on out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
To be fair, SAS/TFF has had it's pandhandlers too.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What was the story with DKC? He was a guy I knew personally (did a few Mariner goon meets with him) and there was a period of time I wasn't posting in SAS when the drama with him happened.

I got him for secret Santa one year and got him a book written by the #5 starting pitcher of the Mariners at the time, Miguel Batista. The book was a murder mystery.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Who did that hand painted replica of Ken Griffey Baseball

Was that Albrot?

Yeah, it's a shame the SAS wiki no longer works since it was uploaded it there.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My perfect rap sheet got ruined after 11 years by the Hillary toxx, rip

Intruder posted:

Did he make that for DKCecil? If so, man it sucks that it probably got sold for $5 or something

Yeah :(

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Helldump was a pretty bad idea in retrospect, since it more or less encouraged doxxing.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I decided it would be fun to go back and read a Nethack LP I did like 8 years ago and I really wish I didn't.

Holy hell it's been 10 years since I did my Zelda 2 LP. My humor then is cringe-worthy to me now.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I bought my account here because I posted on another mega forum (at the time) that was a libertarian paradise, where posting the n-word was totally fine, white supremacists were allowed to keep their threads open in the D&D equivalent, among other things and was like "Yeah, I don't need this anymore."

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've been on an HD antenna for a few years now. Aside from the occasional hiccup, it works great for watching live stuff. There's also a bunch of other crazy channels that I get, in which I have no idea what's on them. They're usually showing reruns of 80s TV shows I've never heard of.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Athanatos posted:

It's pretty great the amount of subchannels there are now. 3 classic TV channels, a Scifi Knockoff, a BET Knockoff, Country Music Videos, 80s videos of songs nobody has heard, GRIT: TV FOR MEN, a comedy channel that runs 90s-early 2000s sitcoms, some channel that runs like 20 hours of unsolved mysteries.

That's just the selection in central illinois. I'm sure actual cities have a decent amount they get pull from antenna.

Yeah, I probably get around 30 channels, and have never taken the time to browse through them to see if any are good. I should really give it a shot, though. I'm just more likely to watch something over a streaming service instead.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The NFC West was pretty bad back then. It was kind of what the AFC South is now. I think it was mostly us laughing at the 49ers, so not much has changed.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I was pretty sad to see divisional threads go. Unless you were keeping up with N/V threads, stuff moved super quick. And if you wanted to talk about a topic, it was usually met with "lol we talked about this 200 posts ago." Gendo and MV were super strict about not wanting to isolate people, and I get that. But it made it impossible to keep up with.

I think the biggest posting menace to SAS now is the fact that the MLB thread is like 80% white noise posting about the Cubs. A lot of the regulars stopped posting there because it just became Cubscubscubs posting.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Whenever I travel and go into a regional grocery chain it feels so alien.

The cereal aisle is not supposed to be here! Who puts the bread section in dairy?!

When I went into England, I went into a grocery store once and in one aisle, they had all the hard booze on the left side, and baby diapers on the right side.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've found a good measure of your whiteness is how strong of an opinion you have on characters on Friends.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

the mean lunch lady posted:

Friends is awful

I was always more of a How I Met Your Mother fan.

Ignoring the last season, of course.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Nick Swardson did some stand-up where he talked about how he's really good friends with Aaron Rodgers despite Swardson himself being a massive Vikings fan.

Doltos posted:

I couldn't watch HIMYM because the main character had the same issue with J.D. from Scrubs. They were both dorky looking assholes that didn't know how good they had it when hot girl after hot girl threw themselves at them week after week. Then they whined and moped about their relationships every episode when it was their fault cus they were so lovely and boring in the first place.

Both those shows suffer from all the other characters being ten times better than the main character.

To be fair, Ted picked really dumb women to be with up until the mom. Yeah, maybe don't date the woman with a kid who's dad is still in the picture, or the woman that's trying to ruin you professionally.

Lily and Marshall were a cool couple though. And I'd want to date Robin, which I get why they went with the ending they did, but man that was terrible execution.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bad Moon posted:

I saw that in theaters. :negative:

Hell, same

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I like Archer, but I never quite fell head over heels for it like the internet did. It feels like they're trying too hard sometimes.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Seasons 1-3 of the Simpsons were really bad. 4 was when it got good and 5-10 were the golden years of TV.

Also last week I saw Louis CK's latest stand up in Portland (Seattle was sold out) and I laughed so hard I lost my breath several times.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

season 3 has Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington, Flaming Moes, Homer at the Bat, When Flanders Failed, and the goddamned monkey paw Treehouse of Horror

so the gently caress you say season 3 is bad

I guess in my mind I thought some of those were season 4. Okay, I was wrong about season 3. I still maintain season 1 was pretty bad, and season 2, while had a couple okay episodes (The Way We Was and Lisa's Substitute) was still mediocre.

Season 5 is still the best, though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

The best episode of the series is Cape Feare

That's certainly the best Sideshow Bob episode.

Usually the critics consider these the top episodes:

Last Exit to Springfield (the DENTAL PLAN / Lisa Needs Braces episode)
Marge Vs. The Monorail
Cape Feare
You Only Move Twice
Lisa The Vegetarian
Rosebud (Bobo & Mr. Burns)

Honorable TFF Mention: Itchy & Scratchy Land

swickles posted:

Just imagine thats its Hal. He left Lois and the kids, got remarried and changed his name to stay hidden.

If you rewatch the first episode of Malcolm in the Middle, Lois comforts Malcolm being bullied by saying "those kids are going to grow up and work in a carwash" which is a beautiful thing post Breaking Bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

Lisa The vegetarian is extremely good.

I also really really like the episode where Bleeding Gums dies. And the one where Lisa becomes Homer's football gambling buddy.

I really like early-Simpsons era Lisa

I think one of my favorite Lisa episodes is Lisa on Ice.

I don't know why, but this is my favorite scene in The Simpsons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQhn_AyrpDI

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
If you're a fan of LttP, you owe it yourself to play A Link Between Worlds, because it's a sequel to the game and uses the same map (more or less). It's absolutely fantastic.

Majora's Mask is the best game since you can take the form of 4 different characters with different movesets. I still don't get why Smash Bros never had a character that swapped between Deku / Goron / Zora Link, ala the Pokemon Trainer.

Intruder posted:

Do not disrespect Bamboo Pandemonium, thanks

Also Duff McWhalen is the greatest boss name of all time

I love that some translator's wife was like "hey, maybe make the characters named after Guns N' Roses members" and he went through with it. Duff McWhalen has the 3rd best level music (tied obviously with Bubble Crab) behind Storm Eagle and Gravity Beetle, of course.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My girlfriend got me an early Valentine's Day gift of Dark Souls 3, The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, World of Final Fantasy and MGS5 for PS4. So that's pretty cool.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I like all of the Mario and Donkey Kong games that are basically exclusive to Nintendo systems. I actually even prefer them to shooters and D&D derivative games, but that may be entirely bc of happy memories of my older brothers teaching me those kinds of games

Donkey Kong 64 can go gently caress right off though.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My dumb game list:

Resident Evil 4
Final Fantasy XIV (A realm reborn ofc)
Megaman X3
Seiken Densetsu 3
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Tetris
Uncharted 2
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Shadow of the Colossus

edit: somehow forgot Super Metroid. A lot of shame here.

seiferguy fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Feb 6, 2017

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Scionix posted:

kotor 2 is way better dude cmon

From the skill tree progression of forming your jedi, I agree, but... cut content, man. (admittedly I haven't played the patched version of the game)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Irish Need Imply posted:

You are a cool guy and deserve a lot of respect.

Everyone loves Secret of Mana / SD2, and while that is indeed A Good Game, SD3 basically took everything from that game and made it better, specifically the partner AI.

It's a shame that the Mana series had a slow descent into badness after that game. Legend of Mana was good, but not quite SD3 level, and then everything after that was quite bad.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In 7th grade, I had to make a poetry book, which consisted of making different types of poetry based on a similar theme (I picked nature) and I absolutely hated it. Still got an A on it though :angel:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
A little late to Pho talk but I needed to get my hot take in:

I'm not a huge pho person, but people who put hoisin / hot sauce in the broth are literal Hitlers and you're eating it wrong.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sour Diesel posted:

i've never played yoshi's island

also i've never played a megaman game

Well how the gently caress am I going to argue if you're a Storm Eagle or Spark Mandrill sort of man??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm making stuffed bell peppers for my girlfriend, as well as serving margaritas. Haven't quite figured out what we're gonna watch / do, but we'll figure something out.

• Locked thread