Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

We live in a democratic republic bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Eli Wiggum posted:

nigga look like he ate an rg3 taco

or a manas steak

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Eli Wiggum posted:

2 liters of Mountain Dew a day is...not healthy

Nah man thems good carbs. Word is you need 300 grams of them a day. That's what I heard

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Just Ban Him

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Blitz7x posted:

I went on a first date and bowled like a 68. I got home and told my dad and he put a hand on my shoulder and said "being a poo poo bowler runs in the family"

One Pin Away

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

a neat cape posted:

Man the 2000s blew

Checkmate, idiot

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

It's Face/Off

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

She's not wrong

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Don't perpetuate bullshit, Mel.

No one has been able to stop him so far

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/870724961576652800

:discourse:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Thanks for giving out the most obvious piece of advice ever. I always follow through on my threats if needed. The point is to inform more of a general awareness of not worrying about what others have. Discussion goes along with threats and punishments.

Here's a piece of advice: don't give out parenting advice regardless of how many Wikipedia pages you've read if you are not actually a parent. Because you think you understand...

But you don't. You really, really don't. It's not a cliche.

They both think of posting in this thread as competition

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Chat thread was good until two dudes decided to out "No trust me, I'm smart. I'm REALLY smart" each other.

I'd like to take this time to invite interested parties to the TFF Discord which is free of such nonsense due to continued fraud exposure

https://discord.gg/yHHYezh

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

How do you live on $50 of groceries per week? I mean, I do myself no favors by only going to Whole Foods and/or Trader Joe's, but still

When you try to eat 300g of carbohydrates a day, it becomes extremely cheap to eat. Not for long though

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Still trying to make that a thing huh

If taking things you've said at face value is a thing, then sure

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Everyone from the Bay Area has unironically said the N word at least 3 times. Go Cavs

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Cannon King and Chance King sound like video game boss characters

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Leperflesh posted:

Our obsession with deciding who is the best at things is part of the sickness that infects our western society.

It's true, there's a man in this thread who has decided he is the best at posting and is doing it the most

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

a neat cape posted:

I'll take that crown

You don't have the most posts

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Mel stop bringing up the Discord so much, it's making you look even more pathetic than usual

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Stop treating the chat thread like your carb intake and go for quality over quantity

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

63 is the number of the day!

63 days until the regular season kicks off

63 posts until mel has 1000 posts in this thread

Have a great day

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

quote:

LaVar Ball blasted the female referee who gave him a technical foul Friday morning at a tournament, which led to her being replaced midgame.

"She's got a vendetta," Ball told ESPN after the game. "I get that she's trying to break into the refereeing thing. But just giving techs and calling fouls, that's no way to do it. I know what she's trying to say, 'Oh I gave LaVar a tech, I'm strong.' That ain't got nothing to do with it. Just call the game. If you're going to be qualified, you better be in shape and you better know the game. And she's bad on both of them. She's not in shape, she's not calling the game right. And she don't understand. And now she's trying to make a name for herself, so she's walking around like, 'You know I'm the only woman in here.' Yeah, we get it. I don't care if you're a woman, or a man or whatever, just be good at what you do.

"She needs to stay in her lane because she ain't ready for this. [Ref] the little kids first and then come up. Because she ain't did enough. She ain't got enough on her resume, I could tell."

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He's gone beyond funny attention seeker to genuinely toxic distraction and I feel really bad for his kids

But enough about Donald Trump

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

New page it's time for the "guys seriously I workout" post

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Tom Brady absolutely juices but back to TV chat:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10498284-5..._si_v2_28602475

Samsung 55" HDR 4k LED TV + $200 Dell gift card for $599.99 after $100 mail in rebate

Low input lag, great for games, great picture, smart tv, all that good poo poo. Don't buy whatever overpriced bullshit Sony TV or whatever. ESPECIALLY Stay Away From LG TVs right now. They use RGBW pixel structure which isn't actually 4K.

Check RTINGS.com for all TV reviews.

I'm shocked that Leperflesh, the lord of research, bought one without doing the research.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/uj6300

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Time posted:

The Steelers are the best and have the most rings

It's true. My avatar is my face when I remember it

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Leperflesh posted:

Every expenditure is a compromise between features. See, here you are recommending Samsung, even though they've been up to this sort of thing:
https://www.extremetech.com/electronics/241500-samsung-smart-tv-update-forces-users-see-ads

LG has the best web TV interface. And as for the specifics of my tv: it's in a bright room, I don't use it as a computer monitor so the (what you called "fake 4k" - horseshit, it has 4k resolution, it's 4k) RGBW pixel arrangement has no negative effect on what I'm watching, and it performs very well for the price I paid compared to the other TVs that were available at that time (march).

Calm down, I figured the man who does so much research would look into getting the best PICTURE (that's why to use a TV is to view things so why not have things look the best) would not buy such a subpar TV with so many compromises. Yeah, Samsung has ads if you use the smart tv functions, and Vizio records your poo poo. Built-in smart tv/webtv functions are absolutely garbage and easily outclassed by hooking any roku/xbox/ps4/pc/laptop to the TV. The picture on those brands absolutely shits on the picture quality of the LG, and rtings proves it over and over. Don't take my word for it, take the professional TV reviewers word.

Ya got took, plain and simple.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

I'm glad of it. I guess it didn't matter though since you called the RGBW pixel structure 4k as well.

Edit: The TV you have has the same ads you blasted the Samsung for tho. Thinking Emoji

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

What is the best way to watch out of market NFL games these days now that the gamepass vpn loophole is closed

Is r/nflstreams good?

Sling box? How would I set that up to get Chiefs games

NFLStreams still works great, especially if you can hook a PC to your TV with adblock. I built an HTPC solely for this reason

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Samsung is scummy, agreed. They're basically the Uber of TV makers

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Time posted:

Samsung, Uber, and Tom Brady are all good.

Also, Get This: When you rearrange the first letter of those, you get Carson Wentz

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Always buy from Costco if you can, especially with their credit card that turns a 1 year warranty into 4 year

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I don't buy Costco electronics on the possibly wrong assumption that like the other giant retailers, they're carrying special costco-only SKUs that have been subtly de-featured in order to support the lower price. But goddamn I love me some costco shopping.

This summer I went in and got whole fresh wild caught alaskan salmon for like $7.99/lb, it was gorgeous and amazing

It's not possibly wrong, it's definitely wrong, because the model numbers are sometimes changed on big items to prevent price matching. Avoiding Costco electronics when they have the best return policy/warranty on the planet is insane.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

MrLogan posted:

Also, similar weight.

Mel, you may have issues.

Costco doors are pretty large, I think that's a door Mel can fit through without needing to turn sideways like he normally does.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Good luck Texas posters I hope most of you stay safe

Don't sub me bitch

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Wrong KidMod Died