Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I thought this tag was apropos.

Welcome to the best division in football. The NFC East might try and talk poo poo but everyone hates them and we all know the truth.

It's a fun time in our division! Two teams are moving from their long time homes and it kinda sucks. Another just got bounced from the playoffs despite having probably the best top to bottom roster in the NFL and holding Big Ben, Leveon Bell, and Antonio Brown to zero touchdowns in a game. And then there's some team that everyone hates.

Here are the all time standings for championships from the Best Division in Football:

Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: 16
San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers: 15
Denver Broncos: 15
Kansas City Chiefs/Dallas Texans: 9
Seattle Seahawks: 2

As you can tell, it's a pretty even split among the top 3. The Chiefs need to win a few more to catch up, and we're all still trying to forget that the Seahawks were ever a part of this division.

Our division also has a lot of Championships! Here is a list:

Kansas City Chiefs/Dallas Texans: Won the 1962 AFL Championship, and Superbowl IV
Denver Broncos: Won Superbowl XXXII, XXXIII, 50
Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: Won Superbowl XI, XV, XVIII
San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers: Won the 1963 AFL Championship

Most of the news this offseason so far has been centered on the two California teams. The Chargers, owned by noted Awful Bastard Dean Spanos has moved the Chargers from San Diego, their home for 56 years, up to Los Angeles where they'll play in a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium for two years before moving in Stan Kroenke's palace in Inglewood. It's stupid and it makes me mad.

The Raiders, meanwhile, have just filed for relocation from Oakland and are expected to move to Las Vegas.

The Broncos have a new coach in Vance Joseph but still have a quarterback problem. Kansas City also has a quarterback problem but I don't think they're gonna do anything about it.

I hate the three other teams in this division but I wouldn't rather be in a division with three other teams. I love to hate you all. The AFC West should Never Be hosed With.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I'm really excited about the renewed hate between the Raiders and Chiefs and instead of being basement franchises we're competing for the division

Also they're garbage and overrated

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Hell yeah AFC Best thread is back. No mods no masters

Should've just empty quoted SA2K's post because it's purestrain truth

gently caress the Broncos forever and ever, amen

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Black Sunshine posted:

gently caress the Broncos forever and ever, amen
let the hate consume you :unsmigghh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

I'm really excited about the renewed hate between the Raiders and Chiefs and instead of being basement franchises we're competing for the division

Yeah it's honestly a good thing for football, old school rivalries are way more fun when they matter.

Blitz7x posted:

Also they're garbage and overrated

Of course it obviously won't matter for long because Carr is an illusion and that defense, just ugh.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Just when the Broncos were making headway into closing the gap on the all time records vs KC and Oakland, they go and get good again.

Which team has the best OLB is the new which team has the best TE

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Also this is as good a place as any to note this, the Broncos hired away Chiefs assistant special teams coach Brock Olivo to be their main ST coach.

I mainly remember him as the personification of gritty white running back at Mizzou, he wasn't fast, he wasn't shifty, but he'd lower his head and plow into the line as many times as you'd let him. He's got a damned hill named for him on campus that he'd run sprints on as often as possible. Also those were the first Mizzou teams of my lifetime (at least my football watching lifetime) that weren't total dogshit, with Olivo and Corby Jones. Also Ernest Blackwell who literally went crazy and died a few years later

quote:

The 29-year-old Blackwell died in an ambulance on the way to a hospital; investigators are awaiting autopsy and toxicology results.

Blackwell wounded his 9-year-old stepdaughter with a shotgun, then beat and kicked a 14-year-old neighbor and attacked the girl's stepmother in her home.

She recalled Blackwell saying, "Lord forgive me for what I'm fixing to do." Then he struck and kicked her, yelling "touchdown" with each blow.

She said he also yelled that he hated women and repeated the number six. Angela said she did not know Blackwell, except to exchange a greeting in the neighborhood. There was no animosity between them, she said.

Blackwell then broke into Angela's home and beat her stepmother, Trina Hicks.

A county police officer arrived and interrupted the assault. Blackwell tried to grab the officer's pistol during a struggle. The officer ejected the magazine to keep Blackwell from firing ammunition, police said, and hit a panic button on his belt radio.

More officers arrived, and neighbor Patricia Bristow saw police struggle with Blackwell, hitting him twice with a Taser's electrical charge in an attempt to subdue him.

Sorry, got sidetracked with old Mizzou things. Anyway, as an NFL coach Toub should rightfully get most of the coaching credit, but KC's special teams were amazing this year and Olivo had something to with that. Wish he'd have gone just about anywhere else though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

One of his distant relatives was in my battalion and holy poo poo he was a loud mouthed moron to the point that I was actually glad when he got shot in the face attempting to escape a bank robbery.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

One of his distant relatives was in my battalion and holy poo poo he was a loud mouthed moron to the point that I was actually glad when he got shot in the face attempting to escape a bank robbery.

Who's that, Olivo or Blackwell?

I could see Brock's family being pretty meatheaded, Blackwell was just...a weird very angry dude who lived a pretty poo poo life outside of football.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Olivo

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Love the AFC West. Rest of the NFL is pretty boring, tbh. Go Broncos.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Whoa this is new. Great OP, Ross!

The Broncos have hired at least one coach each from the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders. :3:

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos have hired at least one coach each from the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders. :3:
A nice reversal of fortune

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

A nice reversal of fortune

Well we're retaking back 2 with McCoy and Musgrave.

a neat cape posted:

I hate the three other teams in this division but I wouldn't rather be in a division with three other teams. I love to hate you all. The AFC West should Never Be hosed With.

Hell same.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I mostly lurk because I'm not witty or smart. Maybe I'll post more in the AFC best thread. Go Broncos.

Sorry about your team's lovely owner, Ross. I love the rivalries in the division I don't want to see anything fall apart because of a pathetic and incompetent owner in Spanos.

:manning:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

raiders bitch

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

spankweasel posted:

I mostly lurk because I'm not witty or smart.
Never stopped anyone else.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/JustBlogBaby/status/822599198830972934

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
gently caress alex smith

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Chromatic posted:

gently caress alex smith

loving no idea how he's goddamn 9-2 against us going back to forty nineer days.

gently caress him indeed.

Welcome back division threads.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Reggie McKenzie looks like the bumbling authority figure in a Key and Peele sketch

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

https://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityChiefs/comments/5onk7x/my_complete_and_very_indepth_breakdown_of_alex/

detailed analysis of smith's performance with all-22 gifs out the rear end. i want to die.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Jan 22, 2017

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I know people are quick to defend Smith and i've done so in the past, but I dunno how anybody can watch that game and not realize that he left at least a good 14 points on the field if he bothers to see Hill downfield instead of fleeing the pocket or turtle-ing up.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Counterpoint:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

I kinda thought the superbowl would have a afc west representation but welp

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

I kinda thought the superbowl would have a afc west representation but welp

As much as I hate the Raiders, back to back AFCW champs would have owned.

lol at the thought of the Chiefs making it

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

My mom (who lives in Kansas City) is a hairdresser, and she called me one day to talk about a longtime customer who had a vision of the Super Bowl in like week 5 of the regular season and she wanted to bet on it since the guy's had a few visions like this in the past (iirc Colts over Bears and Saints over Colts) and his sister saw and talked to their dead dad so the supernatural ran in the family.

His vision was a Chiefs/Cowboys super bowl, the Sunday before last was a fun one for that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I miss your Posting, Pecota

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Might as well keep it in the AFCW

https://twitter.com/RaidersBeat/status/823713659981615104

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

gently caress yeah

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chromatic posted:

gently caress alex smith
This should be at the top of every page. I greatly dislike Alex Smith as a QB.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

LiquidFriend posted:

This should be at the top of every page. I greatly dislike Alex Smith as a QB.

I really hope he doesn't retire after he leaves the Chiefs. I hope he goes to some bottom feeder team for one last payday with no defense and a shaky o-line so everyone can see how much he loving sucks.

I want to see a return of 05-06 Alex Smith.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
He will go to the Broncos and they will win

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Agreed with gently caress Elway.

Raiders are cool tho. All of my friends are Bronco fans, so i root for the Raiders to spite them.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/823983926574202883

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Popy posted:

Raiders are cool tho. All of my friends are Bronco fans, so i root for the Raiders to spite them.

Come back to the discord so I can call you a retarded bitch

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Popy posted:

Heh, all my friends are Raiders fans and I started supporting the Broncos to spite them. :hf:

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Why would they add Pagano? (note:All knowledge of his body work is Ross bitching about his terrible defences in San Diego)Is ken norton going to be fired? Will we cosplay as war boys following Immortan Mark to a hooters near you?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

hump day bitches! posted:

Why would they add Pagano? (note:All knowledge of his body work is Ross bitching about his terrible defences in San Diego)Is ken norton going to be fired? Will we cosplay as war boys following Immortan Mark to a hooters near you?

Pagano is going to be the X's and O's guy to KNj's new job as cheerleader. Also, Pagano isn't as bad as Charger flowcharts suggest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Greg Papa said that Pagano will have control over the defense and that he gave KNJ a tryout, but doesn't think he could handle it

Thank loving God

• Locked thread