Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Volkerball posted:

Chiefs:

Favorite - Jovan Belcher

haha ohhhhh fuccck you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously, x factor loving ruled

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ooh I change my vote from Peters to Charles

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Volkerball posted:

Lol that game ruled.

Seriously, dude is the only person who consistently shut down Gates in his prime and jesus gently caress it was frustrating

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
that one Charles game against the Raiders where he took 4 screen passes to the house for 200 yards receiving and 4 TDs is still one of the coolest things I seen

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

cavallingus posted:

I remember when Tim Brown was a restricted free agent in like '93 or '94 and the Broncos signed him to an offer sheet, only to have the Raiders match it at the very last minute. loving Al Davis!

I vividly remember staying glued to Sportscenter constantly while that was happening and hoping to Christ that they'd match it.

Broncos
Favorite: Steve Atwater
Hated: Elway

Chiefs
Favorite: Derrick Thomas
Hated: Priest Holmes

Chargers
Favorite: Junior Seau
Hated:. LdT

Tom Nalen is a solid pull for being a tremendously lovely human being btw

X-factor was also very awesome to watch. Couldn't even be mad when he styled on your team, it was entertaining as gently caress

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I changed my mind I hate Tebow more than John Lynch

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
So Greg Papa returned from vacation today and gave his side of the story.

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/greg-papa-on-mike-shanahan-i-dont-want-him-coaching-the-raiders/

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Chargers -
Best - I'll be honest, I don't really follow you guys. It's ok, I know you play.
Worst - I guess all of them? I mean honestly there's no animosity go you guys?

Broncos -
Best - John Elway (QB, part time demi-god)
Worst - John Elway (Draft meddler prima dona)

Chiefs
Best - Jamaal Charles
Worst - Larry Johnson

Raiders
Best - Bo Jackson duh what the gently caress is wrong with y'all?
Worst - Lyle Alzado

Fake edit: Look, I even had self reflection enough to judge your superiors.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

kiimo posted:

Chargers:

Favorite: Junior Seau
Most hated: Shawne Merriman

Broncos

Favorite: Terrell Davis
Most hated: Bill Romanowski

Raiders

Favorite: Marcus Allen
Most hated: Bill Romanowski
This is a nice list. Only thing I'd change is my favorite Bronco being Jamaal Charles.

He did a great job fumbling the football in that Monday night game.....or Eddie Kennison since he made fans incredibly angry. Hard to pick.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh, huh. The main Chiefs gif guy at Arrowheadpride got a job at the Athletic. Good for him, but now all our gifs are behind a paywall. Where will the poor downtrodden Chiefs fans find the new Mahomes gifs to post on every page?!

(I think he puts them all on twitter anyway)

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Raiders:
Favorite: Bo
Most Hated: Seabass

Chargers:
Favorite: Antonio Gates
Most Hated: Philip Rivers

Chiefs:
Favorite: Chiefs legend Joe Montana
Most Hated: All of the other Chiefs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Boltman retired :(

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Dangerllama posted:

Raiders:
Most Hated: Seabass

I'm going to need an explanation on this one

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Idunno. Maybe it’s his tenure. When I think of A Very Raiders Player, I see his big fat stupid face. Also, this doesn’t help.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I can name a few other things the Raiders have done to the Broncos in Denver much worse than Seabass tying Elam's (and Dempsey's) record, like Rich Gannon exposing an alleged top-tier defense on a Monday night in 2002, or Romanowski blatantly dislocating Sharpe's elbow in that same Monday night game, or the Raiders dropping 59 on them in 2010.

Actually I enjoyed that last one because it was the beginning of the end of the McDaniels Era

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

cavallingus posted:

or the Raiders dropping 59 on them in 2010.

DMC was something else there for a couple years

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
McFadden and Michael Bush were a pretty good tandem for a couple years when either of them were healthy. I remember the Raiders ran for something like 250 yards or some poo poo against the Chargers in 2010 (i'm pretty sure it was in SD because I distinctly remember they were wearing the powder blues that game) and held onto the ball for almost 40 minutes or something like that.

I remember somebody on here years back compared McFadden to Freeman McNeil and it always seemed like a pretty apt comparison - both were very good players when they were respectively healthy but both also spend a lot of their career battling injuries.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Looking forward to every single practice Mahomes pass being broken down by the end of the day.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Good news he chucked a 60 yard TD to Sammy Watkins gird your loins

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

kiimo posted:

Good news he chucked a 60 yard TD to Sammy Watkins gird your loins

pics/gifs pls

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I'm going to post every single gif I can find of Chargers camp to counter this

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
Because I started watching football recently, as in 2013, my list is all recent players.

Broncos

Favorite: Von Miller - As much as he is a terrifying defender, he's the ultimate cool guy that's impossible to hate.
Hated: Peyton Manning - Always had the Chargers' number even when he was utter poo poo.

Raiders

Favorite: Charles Woodson - tyvm
Hated: Michael Crabtree

Chiefs

Favorite: Patrick Mahomes
Hated: Marcus Peters

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

that is precious.

Sweet summer child what do you know of Peyton Manning

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

that is precious.

Sweet summer child what do you know of Peyton Manning

He voluntarily chose to become a Denver Bronco
That's all the information we need to determine that he's a garbage human being

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Hated: Peyton Manning - Always had the Chargers' number even when he was utter poo poo.

I know you said you started watching in 2013 but I'm posting this anyway

Goddamn I miss Indy Peyton

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/Blt6TkyDnD5/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=8ldbo6zu845v

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

are they waiting for andy to go to the bathroom to call all these deep passes or what

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

are they waiting for andy to go to the bathroom to call all these deep passes or what

Are you familiar with the quarterback he's had for the last 5 years at all?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Mahomes gifs all day every day

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

Are you familiar with the quarterback he's had for the last 5 years at all?

Yeah he's the one that was dropping all those gorgeous deep bombs last year until the coaches stopped calling them

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He wasn’t a Maverick so now he’s a Redskin

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

Yeah he's the one that was dropping all those gorgeous deep bombs last year until the coaches stopped calling them

If it didn't take him four years to get the gently caress over the first 7 of his career and start throwing deep we might not have the current situation.

I'm also not sure if the play calling changed that much or if it was just Alex feeling the phantom rush. Because man it feels like he did that a lot toward the end of the season.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

If it didn't take him four years to get the gently caress over the first 7 of his career and start throwing deep we might not have the current situation.

I'm also not sure if the play calling changed that much or if it was just Alex feeling the phantom rush. Because man it feels like he did that a lot toward the end of the season.

I know one game where he didn't

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have more gifs of Alex missing open receivers because of imaginary pass rush than Mahomes passes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I have more gifs of Alex missing open receivers because of imaginary pass rush than Mahomes passes.

Do you also have gifs of every time Smith scrambled for 12 yards on 3rd and 11 because jesus gently caress it seems like he did that a lot.

I have said before that if we lose to KC because Mahomes balls out and goes vertical, fine. But losing to Alex Smith dink and dunk scramble bullshit is infuriating

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

But losing to Alex Smith dink and dunk scramble bullshit is infuriating

Game 1 of 2016 might have been a new low for your personal hell of Charger's game ones against Kansas City. Which is actually pretty impressive considering.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Game 1 of 2016 might have been a new low for your personal hell of Charger's game ones against Kansas City. Which is actually pretty impressive considering.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
For some reason I didn't think worst game ever was the first week? Maybe it was. Was it the same game this came from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I've hated Miller ever since he tried choking out Rivers in 2015 in SD and they just let it happen, gently caress that dude and his whole setup

Grittybeard posted:

That was just purestrain Mike McCoy Coaching Not To Lose Baby (TM) as much as anything else.

Also the Chargers have always had huge problems against any QB with a shred of mobility or athleticism, and if nothing else about ol Alex, you can say that was he was always pretty mobile even if he used it to stumble face first into a defender or whatever.

EDIT: "Worst day ever" was the loss on MNF back in 2011.

• Locked thread