Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
And they traded up to draft him lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Grittybeard posted:

Looked it up and apparently Mahomes hands are 9 1/4, which on the smallish size for NFL QBs. So yeah you can still laugh about that.

Thank you :golfclap:

lol

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I don't like the Raiders drafting another DT with upside in the 2nd/3rd round. Edwards is the closest it's ever worked out for us and he was only good and on the field for 5/6 games. Just draft a LB already!

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

the Broncos drafted a tight end named Butt :laugh:

bless you for those, Dave.

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 30, 2017

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I've been waiting for this for 2 years

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Chad Kelly, finally a man worthy of starting

although semen2butt is gonna be p rad

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers had a pretty solid draft. Mike Williams will have immediate impact, and getting Lamp in the second round was great. Feeney was also a good pickup. Keep Rivers upright.

I really like the pick of Desmond King. We needed more upgrades to our secondary.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I am pretty happy with the Chiefs picks mostly, but not very happy they slimmed down to just 6 choices.

They needed a couple of the picks they lost to replace some of the bad Offensive Line and Tight End depth.

AFC West is going to be cool and good for QB play if the Chargers can find a good Rivers replacement.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers had a pretty solid draft. Mike Williams will have immediate impact, and getting Lamp in the second round was great. Feeney was also a good pickup. Keep Rivers upright.

I really like the pick of Desmond King. We needed more upgrades to our secondary.

I agree, though I would've taken a DE earlier than they did. Still, the offensive line's been a problem for years and on paper they've added at least one starter on that line, possibly two depending on how things shake out with Franklin, and it takes pressure off Rivers for a couple of reasons:

-they can actually lean on running the ball up the middle without Fluker/Franklin whiffing their assignments/getting overpowered
-in theory they'll actually keep him upright, which I can't say about any o-line the Chargers have fielded since like 2013 if not earlier.

I don't think they'll win the west but they look like a more competitive team with what they've added than last season, but we'll see as always.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

The Chargers had the best draft of the division.

I didn't think they would take Williams, but it was a great pick. Keenan Allen is certainly going to die on the field by the bye week and they just can't depend on him anymore. He needed another target badly and more protection and they did just that.

The Broncos and Chiefs did fine and I really don't know what to think about the Raiders draft. I don't hate it, but I'm just not sure.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Durandal1707 posted:

I agree, though I would've taken a DE earlier than they did. Still, the offensive line's been a problem for years and on paper they've added at least one starter on that line, possibly two depending on how things shake out with Franklin, and it takes pressure off Rivers for a couple of reasons:

-they can actually lean on running the ball up the middle without Fluker/Franklin whiffing their assignments/getting overpowered
-in theory they'll actually keep him upright, which I can't say about any o-line the Chargers have fielded since like 2013 if not earlier.

I don't think they'll win the west but they look like a more competitive team with what they've added than last season, but we'll see as always.

To me there wasn't a better natural blend of BPA and need than Malik Hooker to the Chargers. Glad y'all didn't pull the trigger on that one.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
imagine in a year or two the chiefs, chargers, and raiders all having elite qbs while the broncos have jim kelly's brother's cum lmaooo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chromatic posted:

imagine in a year or two the chiefs, chargers, and raiders all having elite qbs while the broncos have jim kelly's brother's cum lmaooo

Who are the Chargers gonna draft? Rivers won't last forever.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm gonna laugh when it turns out that Chad Kelly was the best QB to come out of the 2017 Draft

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Here is New Chiefs DE Tanoh NPassagnon vs New Chargers G Forrest Lamp.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftInsider/status/847278104233914370

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
One one hand, everyone gets beat in pass rush drills eventually, especially since he's playing a tackle position there

On the other hand I hope he's garbage because lol Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Who are the Chargers gonna draft? Rivers won't last forever.

My guess is they'll take someone next year and let him sit behind the last two years of Rivers' deal

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Hello I'm not sure what's going on in here but I like the raiders and if you don't I hate you forever

Also if you're a chargers fan, I'm sorry but I can't encourage or condone that sort of behavior

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

To me there wasn't a better natural blend of BPA and need than Malik Hooker to the Chargers. Glad y'all didn't pull the trigger on that one.

Well aside from Reuben to the Raiders in the first.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Volkerball posted:

Oh boy oh boy we might deflect a pass this year :neckbeard:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

I thought that there was no way in hell the Raiders were going to pass on Foster. I am glad that they did.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

LiquidFriend posted:

I thought that there was no way in hell the Raiders were going to pass on Foster. I am glad that they did.

I'm not. Feels like Hayden over Lotulelei all over again.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

warcrimes posted:

I agree that he probably would've been the best fit for the Chargers on both those counts. However, the thing about the Chargers is that they place an odd sort of value on safeties - they gave Addae a fairly hefty extension and they took a pair of safeties in the middle rounds, but for the most part the guys they've had since Weddle left (who they forced out dickishly) were Dwight Lowery and a lot of low-paid UDFA types. In fairness I still do really believe in Dexter McCoil as an in the box SS/LB hybrid instead of the single high they tried playing him as for most of last year, but for the most part they believe they can get by without paying safeties a lot or using high picks on either position.

I don't necessarily agree with that philosophy, mind you, but it's the explanation i've got given Telesco's track record with the team, especially since Weddle left.

Also this is probably hot take-y but i'm legit kind of worried that Patrick Mahomes is going to be a really good QB. Yeah his footwork's a total mess and he needs a lot of work.. but Andy Reid is incredibly good at molding QBs. McNabb was great for a long time, and QBs as different as Mike Vick and A. Smith have had their best seasons under him. He made McNabb's backups constantly NOT look like trash when he got hurt as well. The Chiefs are honestly going to be pretty loving scary if Mahomes sits down for the year and they let Smith play out his contract and have him take over in 2018.

Be sure to quote this post in a couple years if he ends up being total trash though lol

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

I think the thing about the Chargers is they need to come out of the gate now and win a good amount of games if they ever have a realistic shot at gaining traction in LA.

The best way to do that is off Rivers arm and if he has actual help than he's a son of a bitch and he'll have that team competitive. You can make a case that Hooker would of been the better selection, but Williams and the Guards are what he needed and they need him to be at his best.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I think the thing about the Chargers is they need to come out of the gate now and win a good amount of games if they ever have a realistic shot at gaining traction in LA.

The best way to do that is off Rivers arm and if he has actual help than he's a son of a bitch and he'll have that team competitive. You can make a case that Hooker would of been the better selection, but Williams and the Guards are what he needed and they need him to be at his best.

Pretty much. Drafting Williams and the two Guards says to me that they think there's a window left in the Rivers era.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I hope the Chargers are a dumpster fire and also the Spanos plane crashes.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

my lawyer friend thinks Conley is screwed now :ohdear:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Paperback Writer posted:

What, Chris Conley?

I guess he's screwed if he doesn't improve some eventually but he seems fine for now. I'd be more worried if I were Demarcus Robinson.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gareon Conley.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh duh, he has been in the news hasn't he?

I was thinking of the Chesson pick for some dumb reason.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

Precisely why I was rather unsure about the Raiders draft. Conley had good potential and I sort of don't blame them for taking the chance, but Round One was far too early to do it.

If this guy ends up being a convicted rapist, you've got to get rid of the people that brought forward the suggestion.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

I was referring to this. At first the story was they didn't actually do anything
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/859162154263613440
Update
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/859231974023737344
https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/859232516158488581

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I think the story was that nothing happened according to witnesses, which it looks bad now that they are admitting something did happen.

Think they also said the victim refused a rape kit, but the report seems to indicate that they did it. This case is probably going to trial.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
"Consensual sexual event".

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But not sex.

I don't even know how you could get that.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Im not exactly sure, but I think his story his that they went up to his hotel room, she gave him a blowjob and he called her trashy and kicked her out while two other people watched

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
She has inconsistencies in her story as well.

Both of them can't seem to get it straight. I'd be very nervous if I were pulling for him

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Details on Lynch's contract are out.

http://justblogbaby.com/2017/05/02/oakland-raiders-marshawn-lynch-contract-details/

Also, Lynch showed up to OTAs, which I don't think he's done in forever.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Charles signed with the broncos.

gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That mother fucker

• Locked thread