Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This would of been a really big deal 3 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

LiquidFriend posted:

This would of been a really big deal 3 years ago.

"What is, Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles both in the AFC West, Alex."

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

"What is, Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles both in the AFC West, Alex."

Both better than Melvin Gordon

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

Wait I thought you came around on him, and like him last year?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

CJ and JC is gonna own

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

He's loving awful

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

Better than trading up for Melvin Gordon :viggo:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Flikken posted:

He did, but then he flipped again as soon as he got hurt.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

He did, but then he flipped again as soon as he got hurt.

not true at all, but okay

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

not true at all, but okay

You warmed up to him for a while. Then the crushing weight of losing every game at the end got to you I think.

From the outside looking in Gordon was at least serviceable last season. Although in no way worth the pick.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gordon last year was leagues better than his rookie year. I said that.

He went from abject garbage to a bad football player

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Once he crosses the 4.2 YPC barrier we can start calling him mediocre.

Until then, yeah, he's not a good football player.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Gordon wasn't worth the tradeup but he was quite a bit better last year. More decisive in hitting the hole, less dump tap dancing in the backfield. This in spite of the fact that the Chargers interior o-line last year was absolute garbage except for Slauson. He also showed a lot of growth as a receiving option and in pass pro.

He'll probably have a big season if he stays healthy since the Chargers might actually have an o-line that can run block worth a poo poo this season. It does irritate me a little that they didn't use a mid/late rounder on a legit backup RB 'cause I don't think Farrow or Oliver are the guys that can split the load with him.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Gordon wasn't worth the tradeup but he was quite a bit better last year. More decisive in hitting the hole, less dump tap dancing in the backfield. This in spite of the fact that the Chargers interior o-line last year was absolute garbage except for Slauson. He also showed a lot of growth as a receiving option and in pass pro.

He'll probably have a big season if he stays healthy since the Chargers might actually have an o-line that can run block worth a poo poo this season. It does irritate me a little that they didn't use a mid/late rounder on a legit backup RB 'cause I don't think Farrow or Oliver are the guys that can split the load with him.

I am wondering how Tuerk is developing. I was excited at that pick last year.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I am wondering how Tuerk is developing. I was excited at that pick last year.

Same here. He redshirted last year because of his knee so he should in theory be good to go.

Lynn's offense values linemen who can pull and get to the second level in the run game and the possibilities Tuerk would bring as a center are exciting 'cause the Chargers haven't had a center who could get to the second level or pull out for a screen in quite a while. I'd be excited if the Chargers starting o-line next year read as Okung - Slauson - Tuerk - Lamp - Barksdale.

Alternately i'd be comfortable rolling with either rookie at the guard spots and Slauson as the C if Tuerk still isn't ready.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Durandal1707 posted:

Same here. He redshirted last year because of his knee so he should in theory be good to go.

Lynn's offense values linemen who can pull and get to the second level in the run game and the possibilities Tuerk would bring as a center are exciting 'cause the Chargers haven't had a center who could get to the second level or pull out for a screen in quite a while. I'd be excited if the Chargers starting o-line next year read as Okung - Slauson - Tuerk - Lamp - Barksdale.

Alternately i'd be comfortable rolling with either rookie at the guard spots and Slauson as the C if Tuerk still isn't ready.

There's a problem if Tuerk isn't ready this year. He's supposed to take over at center for Slausen. Slausen's a two-year rental, and I'm pretty sure the team sees him that way.

Also, going back and looking at last year, it looks like Barksdale was a lot worse than Franklin. If I can say one thing about Franklin, it's that he at least was trying when he was on the field. Barksdale was done once he thought Rivers had the ball out of his hands and made little to no effort afterwards -- I think I ever saw him put a defender on the ground, and let him get up and hit Rivers because he hadn't gotten rid of the ball quickly. Franklin was bad too, but not complete dogshit. Only mostly dogshit. I'm all for being done with Franklin as he's been barely there. But it looks like Barksdale is going to have to bounce back bigtime to not be pushed out by Spencer Pulley, Donavan Clark, or Dan Feeney. If Anthony Lynn is serious about there being a real competition for starting spots, then there's a real chance that both Barksdale and Franklin might be on the bench this year, or cut outright which makes me very happy. Not a good chance, but still a chance.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Five months ago the division threads came back. This is how long it took me to figure it out. User Control Panel is a blessing and a curse.

Has anyone mentioned Pat Mahones' new nickname?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
His old nickname was apparently The Musician I just learned, which I have no idea how I should feel about. What's the new one?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
1st-round Bust

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a...possibly likely description. Not a nickname.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

2PM.

:silent:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
There's a full forward for the Suns named Peter Wright who's really tall and they call him two meter Peter. Welp, that's my P/M nickname story

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Sounds like Dustin Colquitt needs to give up his number in that case.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Also Len Dawson is lookin a little...Al Davis these days but this is still p cool

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers bitch

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

a neat cape posted:

Chargers bitch

Please don't sign your posts

-probably something a mod said.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 23:14 on May 9, 2017

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This division is all about Chiefs Raiders now, post only Chiefs Raiders rivalry content. Rename thread Chiefs Raiders and fill OP with videos of brawls.

Broncos and Chargers belong to yesterday's news, grandpa.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

kiimo posted:

This division is all about Chiefs Raiders now, post only Chiefs Raiders rivalry content. Rename thread Chiefs Raiders and fill OP with videos of brawls.

Broncos and Chargers belong to yesterday's news, grandpa.

All four teams are good and any of them could win the division.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

MrLogan posted:

loldenver

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Chiefs window has closed tbh

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
gonna emptyquote this in february

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blitz7x posted:

Eh, it's a pretty good team. Some of this depends on Houston coming back like he should be, but I'm fairly confident.

I just realized you probably miss the old Parm. I kind of do too. Like the one where he just trashed the Raiders constantly instead of whatever he turned into.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Yeah you're too level-headed to goad into pointless arguments and it sucks

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Eli Wiggum posted:

gonna emptyquote this in february

That's the pro bowl, right?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

There is no circumstance where the Chargers win this division

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Trevor is gonna embarass all of our teams

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

It was open? Good thing it's closed. Hate letting out that precious A/C.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

It was open? Good thing it's closed. Hate letting out that precious A/C.

Yeah, KCPL is about to switch over to summer rates, I would not want to pay that electric bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Fox got Denver to the SuperBowl 1 in 3 years, Kubiak 1 in 2, so it's fairly obvious that my boy Vance will be coaching in the SuperBowl this year.

• Locked thread