Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There are two specific playoff pass plays that Alex missed open receivers and if he hit them that’s two more playoff wins and I think he’s still the Chiefs QB. I really think it actually boils down to that simple fact. Tough but that’s the breaks.

Here’s one

kiimo fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Alex Smith is trash

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

cavallingus posted:

Alex Smith is trash

He's not trash, but man Alex was the guy who could get you to a position where it was really really painful for him to not be quite good enough.

And he was singularly unlucky in getting to that position and balling out a couple of times while the entire team crumbled around him like the Indy playoff game. Hell in San Francisco he goes to a Super Bowl if Ted Ginn of all people is available for the NFC Championship.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah you're right. That gif just triggered me lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
A big reason I'm optimistic vs the Chiefs this season is because the two players that gave the Chargers the most trouble, Alex Smith and Marcus Peters, are gone

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

a neat cape posted:

A big reason I'm optimistic vs the Chiefs this season is because the two players that gave the Chargers the most trouble, Alex Smith and Marcus Peters, are gone

I, too, am optimistic to see the Chargers' abject misery at the hands of the Chiefs handed down to the next generation.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Strobe posted:

I, too, am optimistic to see the Chargers' abject misery at the hands of the Chiefs handed down to the next generation.

Abject misery is the Broncos and Raiders. Losing to KC is just irritating

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Play posted:

Mahomes gifs all day every day

This 60 yarder brought to you by speed

https://twitter.com/arrowheadpride/status/1022847672703696897?s=12

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1022898850946793472?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

YOU SEE?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

a neat cape posted:

Stop being optimistic you see what happened earlier

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Verrett being hurt is like the sun rising in the east.

Defense will be fine without him, just like last year

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

that is precious.

Sweet summer child what do you know of Peyton Manning

only what the internet tells me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1elC1_CBw60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31mh9IGFAAo

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

So I guess he failed the test.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit nm

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I guess I'm the only one who's sad about that Jason Verett news. He was really a special talent and it sucks that it didn't work out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Play posted:

I guess I'm the only one who's sad about that Jason Verett news. He was really a special talent and it sucks that it didn't work out

I'm sad the same way I'm sad about Danario Alexander. Waste of talent

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

No it sucks bad and I am sad. It’s just that the team is fine without him so that blunts the shitiness of the situation.

That said he is done. I don’t see him returning to the NFL after this.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Yeah, it really sucks for Verrett that poo poo didn't work out. You could tell he could've been a very good CB in 2015 when he was actually healthy, it's just that the dude was always brittle going back to college. Sometimes poo poo just doesn't work out, it happens.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
God drat, that entire 2014 draft class is gone. That's some poo poo.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

God drat, that entire 2014 draft class is gone. That's some poo poo.

Lol I didn't even notice Attouchu was gone

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
did he ever truly exist?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Attaochu looked like he was gonna turn into a solid pass rusher at some point. He was one of the relative few bright spots on the 2015 team. For whatever reason he dropped off a cliff after that.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm sad the same way I'm sad about Danario Alexander. Waste of talent
At least with Danario, there was no way you could have expected anything else from the get go.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is both encouraging and discouraging

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/1023244603405656064?s=19

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

LiquidFriend posted:

At least with Danario, there was no way you could have expected anything else from the get go.

I suspected that was how it was gonna go with Verrett too because he was pretty banged in college a lot of the time as well.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

everything is going to be fine

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Durandal1707 posted:

I suspected that was how it was gonna go with Verrett too because he was pretty banged in college a lot of the time as well.
I don't know why, but I thought Verrett was a bit more durable in college. Guess not!

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/Raiders/status/1023295068990361600

Remember when he got suspended a month ago? Oh, wait.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1023973317500448769

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

God dammit

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a head injury

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know if it's like this in every camp but 'carted off the field' often means nothing for the Chiefs. I mean it's not good but it could be someone tweaked their ankle very slightly and it's no problem but the training facilities are so far away from the practice field that everyone who gets anything gets a cart ride over there.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I don't know if it's like this in every camp but 'carted off the field' often means nothing for the Chiefs. I mean it's not good but it could be someone tweaked their ankle very slightly and it's no problem but the training facilities are so far away from the practice field that everyone who gets anything gets a cart ride over there.

Well for sure "carted off the field" isn't a medical diagnosis and doesn't really mean anything. But when they use that phrase it should be saying that they hurt themselves and never got up at all, so you would need to be lifted/helped into the cart. As opposed to someone who's injured but still ambulatory where usually they'll at least be able to get to the sidelines before they get in the cart, or at least put themselves into the cart.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I only mention it because it seems like it kept coming up for years.

I remember some lineman sprained a finger one year that they wanted to check out to make sure it wasn't broken, which ended up with fans in a small panic for a day because it was reported as the guy being carted off.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

cavallingus posted:

It's a head injury

I read that he was hit on the chin and that made me think he got knocked out. Like...you know, chin music. Ding!

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I only mention it because it seems like it kept coming up for years.

I remember some lineman sprained a finger one year that they wanted to check out to make sure it wasn't broken, which ended up with fans in a small panic for a day because it was reported as the guy being carted off.

Yeah I think you're right in that it's constantly used in a meaningless way. It should only be used when the player clearly can't get off the field themselves, not when they're just a hitching a ride to the medical tent

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I'd appreciate a fresh AFC West thread for the season sometime.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I can make one later if no one else wants to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think the title should immortalize Blitz7x's "everything is fine, Gruden is fine" attitude

• Locked thread