Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I thought this tag was apropos.

Welcome to the best division in football. The NFC East might try and talk poo poo but everyone hates them and we all know the truth.

It's a fun time in our division! Two teams are moving from their long time homes and it kinda sucks. Another just got bounced from the playoffs despite having probably the best top to bottom roster in the NFL and holding Big Ben, Leveon Bell, and Antonio Brown to zero touchdowns in a game. And then there's some team that everyone hates.

Here are the all time standings for championships from the Best Division in Football:

Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: 16
San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers: 15
Denver Broncos: 15
Kansas City Chiefs/Dallas Texans: 9
Seattle Seahawks: 2

As you can tell, it's a pretty even split among the top 3. The Chiefs need to win a few more to catch up, and we're all still trying to forget that the Seahawks were ever a part of this division.

Our division also has a lot of Championships! Here is a list:

Kansas City Chiefs/Dallas Texans: Won the 1962 AFL Championship, and Superbowl IV
Denver Broncos: Won Superbowl XXXII, XXXIII, 50
Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders: Won Superbowl XI, XV, XVIII
San Diego/Los Angeles Chargers: Won the 1963 AFL Championship

Most of the news this offseason so far has been centered on the two California teams. The Chargers, owned by noted Awful Bastard Dean Spanos has moved the Chargers from San Diego, their home for 56 years, up to Los Angeles where they'll play in a 27,000 seat Soccer Stadium for two years before moving in Stan Kroenke's palace in Inglewood. It's stupid and it makes me mad.

The Raiders, meanwhile, have just filed for relocation from Oakland and are expected to move to Las Vegas.

The Broncos have a new coach in Vance Joseph but still have a quarterback problem. Kansas City also has a quarterback problem but I don't think they're gonna do anything about it.

I hate the three other teams in this division but I wouldn't rather be in a division with three other teams. I love to hate you all. The AFC West should Never Be hosed With.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I miss your Posting, Pecota

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Pagano is going to be the X's and O's guy to KNj's new job as cheerleader. Also, Pagano isn't as bad as Charger flowcharts suggest.

Yeah, Chargers fans have been totally off base on Pagano for years and every hire the Raiders make is amazing, you are correct.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

No where to go but up friend

While true, it's not going to be a big step up. He'll do great with your linebackers at the very least

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The last time the Chargers won a title JFK was alive

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Pagano is a good developer of LB talent - which he proved across several different coaching regimes - but Raider fans ought to hope that he doesn't get promoted to DC.

It's not a bad hire though. plus he gets to stick it to the Chargers twice a season, so there's that.

I look forward to everyone on the Raiders defense standing around and letting Chargers receivers catch the ball before attempting to tackle, and going into prevent in the last minute of the third quarter

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Tecmo Bowl with Bo and Barry would be even more unstoppable then Bo and Marcus Allen

Yeah because maybe Al would have used Barry instead of being a petty bitch about Marcus

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

And he won as many playoff games as Joey Bosa!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Maybe he can make the Raiders defense go from horrific to merely lovely

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

I used to hate the Raiders and was ambivalent towards the Broncos and the Chargers.

I used to hate the Raiders and the Broncos and was ambivalent towards the Chargers.

Now with the stupid move to LA I hate the Chargers.

The hate trifecta is complete. Hail Satan.

:getin:

I love to hate the Raiders, Chiefs, and Broncos.

I hate the Chargers.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cool AFC West post

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

They will probably end up salary reducing once Carr and Mack are eating up an annual average of 45-50 mil from the cap.

Yeah they're i that 2013 Seahawks mode right now where all their best players are playing for pennies. They're gonna have to sign Cooper, Carr, and Mack to big deals soon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Sounds easy

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

you suck his dick all you want but i ain't throwing away my dignity for a w. once a pat always a pat. you ease your rear end on down the road, bennett.

Former Patriot players are cool and good though

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I can confirm that as completely false.

I will defend Danny Woodhead to the death

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That's worse than Vilerat's Chargers Dragon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Man, I hope I get Raiders season tickets. Me and 3 others are planning to split them. It's gonna be nice finally being able to watch the Broncos play football so close to LA!!

Uh, bro....

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Martian Buddy posted:

Lets be fair, what is a Chargers home game if not a Raiders home game.

*looks at schedule*

A Broncos home game
A Chiefs home game
An Eagles home game
A Bills home game
A Browns home game
A Dolphins home game
A Redskins home game

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Please, Raiders, sign an old RB who has been out of football for a year and was hurt the last year he was in football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Congrats Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

So loving salty

Happy, actually

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

It's pretty safe to say that Lynch wasn't going to make or break our season either way.

You're acting like by signing him, we're somehow a shittier team all of the sudden.

I know you hate us and all but try not to sound like you know nothing about football. Sorry that your lovely garbage team is a dumpster fire and left your city.

Why are you so mad

Warcrimes has been painting Lynch as the piece that takes the Raiders over the top for months and that's idiotic. The Raiders are a really good team and I don't think anyone said otherwise.

I don't know what the Chargers being bad has to do with it. But hey, I guess you'd recognize a dumpster fire team wouldn't you?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I also don't think he knows the definition of salty

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

Not mad at all. Just pointing out that you sound like a moron for congratulating the rest of the division because we signed Lynch as if that's a move that makes the team poo poo or something. I guess it's because the team is using cap space that they weren't using anyway or something?

and I don't give a gently caress where the team plays as long as it's the Raiders. I live in tropical Ohio. I mean yeah it sucks for fans in Oakland. I feel bad for them and it obviously would've been better if Davis had found a way to keep the team there w/o losing majority ownership in the team but the NFL as a whole is a piece of poo poo to taxpayers.

It's a non move that Raiders fans are propping up like it actually means something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Weird to see you post something that isn't a woman wearing Raiders gear that you probably pretend is your sister

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

what the gently caress kind of monster do you have to be to get lovely about motherfucking beastmode being back in the NFL? like for real, he's just an entertaining and awesome guy. that's why I love it.

yeah well I don't live there so I don't give a poo poo.

and there's no need to throw shade at the Raiders when the Chiefs have had 4 playoff game wins since 1969

Because he's on a team I don't like. Just like when Peyton signed with the Broncos I didn't like him either.

Are you new to how football rivalries work especially in this division?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Black Sunshine posted:

i thought it was all about love and friendship but apparently not

someone lied to me

Let me show you the way, friend.

The Raiders are a really good team
Lol at you bringing up playoff wins to a Chiefs fan when you've only won 4 playoff games in the last like 35 years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers had a pretty solid draft. Mike Williams will have immediate impact, and getting Lamp in the second round was great. Feeney was also a good pickup. Keep Rivers upright.

I really like the pick of Desmond King. We needed more upgrades to our secondary.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Who are the Chargers gonna draft? Rivers won't last forever.

My guess is they'll take someone next year and let him sit behind the last two years of Rivers' deal

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

I think the thing about the Chargers is they need to come out of the gate now and win a good amount of games if they ever have a realistic shot at gaining traction in LA.

The best way to do that is off Rivers arm and if he has actual help than he's a son of a bitch and he'll have that team competitive. You can make a case that Hooker would of been the better selection, but Williams and the Guards are what he needed and they need him to be at his best.

Pretty much. Drafting Williams and the two Guards says to me that they think there's a window left in the Rivers era.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coldforge posted:

"What is, Marshawn Lynch and Jamaal Charles both in the AFC West, Alex."

Both better than Melvin Gordon

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

Wait I thought you came around on him, and like him last year?

He's loving awful

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

He did, but then he flipped again as soon as he got hurt.

not true at all, but okay

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gordon last year was leagues better than his rookie year. I said that.

He went from abject garbage to a bad football player

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

Gordon wasn't worth the tradeup but he was quite a bit better last year. More decisive in hitting the hole, less dump tap dancing in the backfield. This in spite of the fact that the Chargers interior o-line last year was absolute garbage except for Slauson. He also showed a lot of growth as a receiving option and in pass pro.

He'll probably have a big season if he stays healthy since the Chargers might actually have an o-line that can run block worth a poo poo this season. It does irritate me a little that they didn't use a mid/late rounder on a legit backup RB 'cause I don't think Farrow or Oliver are the guys that can split the load with him.

I am wondering how Tuerk is developing. I was excited at that pick last year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers bitch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

All four teams are good and any of them could win the division.

There is no circumstance where the Chargers win this division

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mahomes is going to bust but still probably give you an actual win from a QB you drafted

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Note: I said he's going to bust because he's a chief and I want him to bust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chargers 1st round pick Mike Williams is signed and is not holding out

• Locked thread