Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Just when the Broncos were making headway into closing the gap on the all time records vs KC and Oakland, they go and get good again.

Which team has the best OLB is the new which team has the best TE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

3 DONG HORSE posted:

The Broncos have hired at least one coach each from the Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders. :3:
A nice reversal of fortune

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
He will go to the Broncos and they will win

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
The actual best was any of the Super Bowl wins because I was alive and had the capacity to understand football.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Tecmo Bowl with Bo and Barry would be even more unstoppable then Bo and Marcus Allen

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I'm not sure how to feel about the complete overhaul at the top of the Broncos coaching staff. Two brand new guys, a HC washout coming back to his previous job, and I honestly never heard of Vance Joseph.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Hey look, it's the face of the guy who habitually loses to the Broncos in the playoffs

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Fox got Denver to the SuperBowl 1 in 3 years, Kubiak 1 in 2, so it's fairly obvious that my boy Vance will be coaching in the SuperBowl this year.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
As long as he runs for 300 yards and 4 TDs against the Chiefs this year I'll be happy

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Lol when the chargers spilt with the raiders

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Durandal1707 posted:

The Chargers used to give the Manning Colts fits because they matched up perfectly against them, pretty much. On offense you have an o-line who's main speciality was run blocking and just physically outmuscling most front 7s for LdT, and Indy always run undersized defenses based on speed because they want to get the ball back in Manning's hands as soon as possible. Defensively they were big and nasty on d-line - Jamal Williams was one of the best noses in the league, Castillo and Olshansky were solid 3-4 ends - and fast and athletic at outside rusher between Merriman/Phillips. Donnie Edwards was great at coverage and Randall Godfrey was a vicious run thumper.

drat dude not even mentioning Cromartie.

Still not sure how a team can pick off Manning 6 times and barely hold on to win, including benefiting from a Vinatieri shank.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
It is a smart move to not watch the Chargers

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Can't say I approve of the outcome, but I did enjoy watching the 2 minute meltdown KC had on the last drive there.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Denver defense played to par, good against RBs and top WRs (outside the ABs of the world), and gashed by good TEs.

Hopefully these last few weeks have brought an end to the Trevor experiment, time to tell Lynch he's not "injured" and see what he's got.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Hard to believe this is the same team that wrecked the Cowboys less than 2 months ago.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Here's my prediction. Colts will drop or trade Luck after being in position to draft Darnold. Broncos will pick him up and appear in multiple Superbowls.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
You don't need a declining great or even a real good QB to compete, the Chiefs and Raiders have proved that the last few years (outside the playoffs). He just can't be bottom of the barrel trash like the Broncos have filling all 3 roster spots.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Another year for Vance oh boy

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Dangerllama posted:

Yes and even more to do with the coaching. I wish I could think of a recent example where a team had a garbage QB but a solid team otherwise, and coached around it.

:thunk:

Super Bowl 50 was even more recent.

Also, the Chiefs.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
He'll be back in the booth by then

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I say we give Josh McDaniels a second chance

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Honestly would have guessed he was a talking head on the SEC network at this point

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Good god almighty

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Hmm, so either Osweiler has to go to free up #17 or they need to un-retire #7

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Blitz7x posted:

At least two wins come from the Broncos fortunately

A win over the Raiders is like the one thing we can rely on every year

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I'll be honest, any former raider gives me a small amount of worry that he'll rip his jersey off half way through an important game to show silver and black underneath

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Very bountygate-ish. Should be suspended imo.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

warcrimes posted:

Also, DJ was brought in for Bowman leverage and left five minutes later.

:lol:

kiimo posted:

I'm really really not keen on seeing Derrick Johnson in a Raiders jersey. I don't fear his abilities anymore it's just lovely all around. Like Neil Smith in a Broncos jersey or Albert Lewis in a Raiders jersey or Marty wearing a Chargers hat.

Neil Smith was actually good on the Broncos, unlike what DJ will be.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Agreed, Elway only dragged an entire team to the first three Super Bowls, not the last two

a neat cape posted:

if only Mario had a Rod Smith or Shannon Sharpe or Terrell Davis

These guys weren't around through the 80s.

Marino had Mark Clayton and Duper, and had a consistently better line, and always a better defense until the right at the end.

Afterbirth Aftermath fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 12, 2018

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Yeah, seems weird that the Browns were given a free trip to the conference championship each year but you gotta beat who's in front of you I guess

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
I hear Antonio Gates is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002
Seems like this will need to lead to a major focus shift for the Charger Offense, Virgil is a cool dude but nowhere near as good.

• Locked thread