Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
I don't like the Raiders drafting another DT with upside in the 2nd/3rd round. Edwards is the closest it's ever worked out for us and he was only good and on the field for 5/6 games. Just draft a LB already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Flikken posted:

Wait I thought you came around on him, and like him last year?

He did, but then he flipped again as soon as he got hurt.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

This division is all about Chiefs Raiders now, post only Chiefs Raiders rivalry content. Rename thread Chiefs Raiders and fill OP with videos of brawls.

Broncos and Chargers belong to yesterday's news, grandpa.

All four teams are good and any of them could win the division.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Croatoan posted:

Tom Brady can eat poo poo because the MAGA crap but I'll admit that he's the best quarterback in the NFL has right now. I mostly can't stand pats fans that feel they have to tell everyone how awesome he is.

Agreed. Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now except for the half dozen guys who are better than him.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

spankweasel posted:

When he was drafted, it was said he'd need 2-3 years to learn to play pro ball since all he did at Memphis was spread offense. The Broncos knowingly took a project QB in the hopes he'd be ready in year 2. Sadly, it doesn't look like it's going to pan out.

I really, really hope they don't get Brees in FA next year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

big money big clit posted:

The Saints aren't letting Drew go unless he's real bad this year. He will probably sign another two year extension and kick the can yet further down the road.

They don't have the cap space unless Brees takes a super friendly team deal. He's been unwilling to do so for NO so far. They will only have ~$15m in cap space after signing rookies and carry over in 2018. They traded Cooks because they couldn't afford to pay for his fifth year option.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Overthecap has they at 27 million and there are also some fairly likely cuts like Strief and Morestead who free up 8 million. Are you counting the Brees dead money in your estimate for 2018, because I'm not sure how you get 15 mil otherwise?

Yes, overthecap doesn't have the Brees dead money in their 2018 calculation.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

If he restructures to extend his contract that doesn't hit, meaning you can't exactly take it out of the money they have available to restructure and pay him.

They would have to extend him another three years for no additional dead money to hit. Do you really think they want to tie themselves to Brees thru his age 42 season?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Lol when the chargers spilt with the raiders

Raiders gonna go 12-4 again while 3-3 in the division. /sigh

(really they are going to get 10 wins)

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

The Chiefs put up 537 yards against the Pats at home 6 months after winning the superbowl

Nice try, but everyone knows the chiefs didn't win the Superbowl last year.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Go Chargers.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Yep. Always root for the team playing the loving Broncos, no exceptions ever

They had a game against KC last year that I wanted the Broncos to win to help the Raiders win the division.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

But you won??

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

to a first round playoff exit for the KC Chiefs

Can't exit in the first round if you have a bye.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

I'm glad the Raiders got one good season before becoming bad again. Hopefully we will have another one in a few more years!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

We all know the Chiefs Defense has sucked all year. They somehow have no idea how to cover now, too.

Wait, what? They were good for the two games before they started losing a starter every game.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

What? Not really. The only Defensive starter they've lost is Berry.

The Defense more or less started off where they had left off from last season. It wasn't noticable because Alex is playing out of his mind and they went 5-0.

What about Ragland? I thought they lost someone else as well...

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Elway has hosed up this qb situation so badly. If we can't get Cousins we are hosed for good

Will you take Brees instead?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Tommy Kelly is dead to me. I wouldn't piss on him to put out a fire.

I completely forgot about that guy.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

He besmirched his own name when he drafted Osweiler and Lynch

Drew Brees is going to do so well on that team.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Yeah, I can blame Norton for lovely schemes and never making any adjustments. Blaming RM is silly, not every draft pick is going to be a starter.

I still say the jury is out on RM (and Carr for that matter...). 2014 was a great draft, but he hasn't had a good draft since. Look at all the picks we've spent on DL & DBs and both those groups suck.

RM is a contracts wizard though. I'm glad the Raiders will never be in cap hell under him and he finds a way to limit guaranteed money to FAs.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

How the gently caress did we go 12-4

Easy schedule.

a neat cape posted:

You won literally every close game.

If you reversed the decisions of all one score games last year, the Raiders go 5-11 and the Chargers go 12-4.

Closing is a skill

Lost a close game to the falcons.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

warcrimes posted:

This isn't true. Before the season started Raiders schedule looked easy. Turned out a lot of those teams were better than expected. IIRC, Raiders finished with a top ten or five hardest schedule. The fall off can be directly and rather obviously traced to the issues with the offense. The defense started the year playing pretty well, Raiders should have won three of those games during the four game losing streak but couldn't score. Injuries at Oakland's two weakest positions- LB and DB, have killed them. Plus the offense's continued inconsistencies.

DL is the weakest group. DBs can't cover forever with no pass rush.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Black Sunshine posted:

Anyway, gently caress Denver forever, Elway eat all the dicks and Talib is bitchmade

Amen.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Raiders are 5-6 with two division games left and three NFCE games. If they win both division games and two of three of the NFCE games, they win the division at 9-7. I think Week 17 vs Chargers is going to be a win and in, lose and go home situation for both teams.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

warcrimes posted:

It's that time of year where Raider goons and fans convince themselves a MLB is worth a high first round pick and that Big Red is gonna pull the trigger on him.

I hope Barkley drops to #9 for no reason.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Here Are your updated AFC West champion all time list

Raiders: 16
Chargers: 15
Broncos: 14
Chiefs: 10

No Seattle or Dallas on the list?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

piss tape israel posted:

Dallas was never in the AFC West :confused:

Unless you are referring to the old Texans

Dallas Texans, sir.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Why are we keeping Lynch?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz7x posted:

Crabtree isn't replacement level and Cooper needs to not be injured

I think this is the biggest point. If you get rid of Crabtree, who do you expect to take those snaps? Johnny Holton or Cordelle Patterson?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Bolts > Broncos > Chiefs

Gotta have an order for your division hatred.

E: what I'm saying is, I hate the Chiefs the most.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Marino is third best QB in NFL history. He's a better QB than Elway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

"Look at this pretty picture and ignore that out first round pick is human garbage."

What did Miller do?

• Locked thread