Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Hell yeah AFC Best thread is back. No mods no masters

Should've just empty quoted SA2K's post because it's purestrain truth

gently caress the Broncos forever and ever, amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

How long has it been since someone made an Elway horse joke?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

no the Broncos best game is getting shithoused by a bad Raiders team in Denver

http://www.raiders.com/media-vault/videos/2010-Raiders-vs-Broncos-Highlights/6a86f4c8-7609-4cbe-bd93-58ba11d753e9

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Fine, you win. Thank you for your service in taking a gigantic poo poo all over Elway and the Broncos. :911:

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

What could have been...

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

So loving salty

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's pretty safe to say that Lynch wasn't going to make or break our season either way.

You're acting like by signing him, we're somehow a shittier team all of the sudden.

I know you hate us and all but try not to sound like you know nothing about football. Sorry that your lovely garbage team is a dumpster fire and left your city.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Why are you so mad

Not mad at all. Just pointing out that you sound like a moron for congratulating the rest of the division because we signed Lynch as if that's a move that makes the team poo poo or something. I guess it's because the team is using cap space that they weren't using anyway or something?

and I don't give a gently caress where the team plays as long as it's the Raiders. I live in tropical Ohio. I mean yeah it sucks for fans in Oakland. I feel bad for them and it obviously would've been better if Davis had found a way to keep the team there w/o losing majority ownership in the team but the NFL as a whole is a piece of poo poo to taxpayers.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

It's a non move that Raiders fans are propping up like it actually means something.

what the gently caress kind of monster do you have to be to get lovely about motherfucking beastmode being back in the NFL? like for real, he's just an entertaining and awesome guy. that's why I love it.

Grittybeard posted:

Sorry your team was a dumpster fire for so long the city chose the A's instead of them.

yeah well I don't live there so I don't give a poo poo.

and there's no need to throw shade at the Raiders when the Chiefs have had 4 playoff game wins since 1969

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

i thought it was all about love and friendship but apparently not

someone lied to me

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm gay

Who wants to gently caress?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I admit I could never hate Brady as much as I do Al Davis.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Objectively speaking, that man did a tremendous amount of great things for football.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Croatoan posted:

Truly we are blessed with 5 more years of division domination.

I have some bad news for you, friend

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

japtor posted:

I have gotten lazy about keeping up with the Football Funhouse but I am back to say at least this:

gently caress Denver

Really it can't be stated enough.

gently caress Denver until the heat death of the universe and beyond

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It brings a tear to my eye

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Holy poo poo AFC Best

I love you all

I hate you all

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

I'm not complaining at all but holy poo poo how did San Diego come away with not even appearing in a single Super Bowl during the LT/Rivers/Gates era?

loving seriously...how?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

“Anytime I get the ball I am going to try and score regardless," said McCree. "Troy Brown stripped it. He made a great play, and I was trying to make a big play. (In) hindsight I don't regret it because I would never try and just go down on the (ground). I want to score.”

Hahahahahahahaha

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The only thing that stopped me from jumping off a bridge after the Tampa Bay travesty were the Terry Tate Office Linebacker commercials!

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

A government agency not bowing down to a billionaire holy poo poo that's rare

and awesome

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Yeah, at the very least we got a ridiculously magical season last year. So many games came down to the last moment, it was unreal and a very fun ride to be on while it lasted. If we continue to be garbage this year then hopefully the coaching staff gets gutted and we try again next year. I truly believe that the actual talent to make a solid run is already on the team. I just think the coaching is dogshit.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Yeah it was kind of a perfect game to showcase AFC West football. Just crazy as gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

Yeah that's two pro bowl linebackers that are a shadow of themselves, a pro bowl safety out. I think Sorenson is playing Berry's position not Murray.

We need another corner and some hard hitting safeties.

Trade you back Sean Smith For $5 and a stick of gum

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

warcrimes posted:

The Raiders broke ground today on the LV stadium, 2 months ahead of schedule.

Comedy:

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/930246476839522304

Animated rendition of the stadium:

https://twitter.com/RAIDERS/status/930216681187639296

Teams being ripped from their cities aside, that stadium looks so loving awesome and I need to stay alive just long enough to fly out to Vegas and attend a game then I can blow my life savings and die in a week long gambling, cocaine and hooker binge.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's a modern version of the monolith from 2001.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

It's nice that we got a W and have a legit chance to maybe win the division since KC is making GBS threads themselves. Not worried about San Diego cuz lol. With that said, I'm still not very hopeful. If Denver had another drive we probably would've been hosed.

It's hosed up because we're stuck in a situation where maybe we could make a run for the division but even if we made it, we'd still get crushed in the playoffs because we have too many holes and/or we're bipolar as gently caress. Even a 1 and done in the playoffs is an improvement considering the previous 14 years but it would probably ensure that no other coaching changes would be made. It's hosed up where you almost wish to lose more so poo poo can be fixed for the future.

Anyway, gently caress Denver forever, Elway eat all the dicks and Talib is bitchmade

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Volkerball posted:

Same. Vengeance will be ours.

Yeah but that would almost assure that Del Rio is safe. Not a big chance of him being fired anyway I suppose...gently caress

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

We could've avoided all this bullshit by keeping Chucky to begin with

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

This is approaching "decade of spectacular failure" levels

SA2K, it's on you to pull a fancy rear end ho

It's your time to shine!

gently caress Denver forever and ever, amen

and lol @ giving Chucky $100,000,000 but it's not my money so IDGAF. It's gotta be better than Del Rio's horrific coaching staff decisions

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

You had a 12-4 team last year only because the offense was pretty good but had a garbage rear end defense

So you fire the OC and keep the DC ?

That's some hosed up logic and if you make that call and fail miserably then you deserve to get shitcanned

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

It's a different DC from last year but lol John Pagano

Norton was still the "head" DC or whatever until he got fired halfway into the season.

The point still stands. He may have brought in Pagano to "help" but he still kept KNJ.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

There's a good chance it all fails spectacularly but after watching the press conference...it just feels good. Yeah he's getting a dumptruck full of money but I believed him when he said he never wanted to leave and talked about how much he loves the city, franchise, fans and all things Raiders. It just felt really cool seeing him up there like that.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

"I'm totally not a piece of poo poo owner who's stealing your team. Here, I brought back a coach you all like!" -Mark Davis

Says a Chargers fan

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Spanos and Davis are both giant pieces of poo poo for moving teams, what about this isn't clear

Davis didn't have his city trying to work with him in any meaningful capacity. Your owner is literally a mustache twirling piece of poo poo.

In no way am I defending the NFL holding cities for ransom over free stadiums for billionaires. All cities should tell them to gently caress off. Just saying that Davis was in a bad situation with a stadium that had literal rivers of poo poo flowing around and he didn't have the means to build himself a replacement without giving up the team.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Volkerball posted:

I'm expecting a country strong tackle that had his leg amputated because of a bear attack that happened three weeks before the draft.

imagine the feel good storyline on his recovery and redemption!

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 21, 2018

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

warcrimes posted:

Payne is a stud, too.

I guess my top 5 needs for the Raiders are:

1. Interior D-lineman. Someone who can push the pocket.
2. CB. Raiders are likely losing their top 3 CBs. I expect an FA signing and a high pick rookie. 1st/2nd round.
3. OT. Penn has been a pro bowler for us but is getting old. Time to groom his replacement
4. LB. This could move up if Bowman doesn't re-sign. We have some young guys that shined at times but got injured. I'd like to see what a good coach can do with Cory James, Marquel Lee and Morrow.
5. RB. Oakland needs a heavy load RB for when Lynch retires, which could be now or next year for sure.

I have no problem if say, a Minkah Fitzpatrick or Soquan Barkley falls and the Raiders grab one of these guys instead. I'm firmly in the draft talent over need if a stud falls.

Isn't Sharpe supposed to be hopefully/maybe taking over for Penn eventually? I can't remember how he did when he got a bunch of snaps at the end of the year. I don't remember anything horrible so it couldn't have been that bad.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

So I guess Crabtree is gone? Why?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Having watched pretty much every game the last few seasons, I want Crabtree to stay. I don't care about perceived attitude issues or whatever. Bottom line is that he's made more clutch catches for this team than anyone over the last 3 years. He definitely has a rapport with Carr and is his most trusted receiver. That counts for something.

Who else is there if he's gone? Cooper is even more unreliable than Crabs, Roberts fell off a cliff, Patterson is great in small doses and Holton has hands of stone. Seriously who in the hell is there to carry the receiving core when Cooper disappears? I love having Cooper and Crabs because when one is taken out of the game, the other tends to elevate his own game. Last year was bullshit on so many levels. How can you use it to really judge a guy who led the team in TD's?

We need a 3rd decent WR to help open things up and we're set I think. I'm pretty sure a lot of us thought that Roberts would improve his game and go to the next level but obviously it didn't happen. If free agency fails then I guess spend a pick on a WR since even if Crabs stays, it won't be for long and you need a new guy.

And to say that hundreds of guys could do what Crabtree does but cheaper is just utter insanity. If that were true, give me 5 of those guys in a run n shoot and I'll win every Super Bowl until the end of time

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Feb 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Play posted:

Hey man the Raiders had the highest dropped pass totals in the league and Crabtree was a big part of that. Not to mention he's kind of slow and usually not very good after the catch. As the number one receiver on a team he underperforms, and despite people telling me I'm wrong I haven't heard anything that goes against that besides one video a dude put up of Crabs catching that last pass on the bizarre ending to the Chiefs Raiders game.

Maybe I hyperbolized a bit much and probably blamed him more than is fair for a totally poo poo receiving corps but with him as the primary receiver I don't think the Raiders are going to go very far. I'm not the only one thinking that too, the old coaching staff looked poised to get rid of him before they were gotten rid of.

Cooper is supposed to be the #1 and Crabs is the possession receiver so stop citing "not fast as gently caress" as a negative. Also you forget that the "totally poo poo receiving core" balled the gently caress out 2 years ago.

Also, lol Chiefs

• Locked thread