Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I mostly lurk because I'm not witty or smart. Maybe I'll post more in the AFC best thread. Go Broncos.

Sorry about your team's lovely owner, Ross. I love the rivalries in the division I don't want to see anything fall apart because of a pathetic and incompetent owner in Spanos.

:manning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Metapod posted:

is sly williams good bronco fans?

I really don't know why other Bronco fans hate on Sly. I suppose the problem is that he's a former first-round pick and not much more than JAG. He's not awful but he's not going to anchor your run defense's interior line.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Durandal1707 posted:

Tbh Lynch struck me as a QB that Denver took just 'cause Manning retired and they needed a QB, not because he's good. His throwing motion is slow and he's really inaccurate so I dunno what else is there. Maybe he turns it around, I dunno.

When he was drafted, it was said he'd need 2-3 years to learn to play pro ball since all he did at Memphis was spread offense. The Broncos knowingly took a project QB in the hopes he'd be ready in year 2. Sadly, it doesn't look like it's going to pan out.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

AFC West poo poo talking is the best.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Denver fans could stand having one of those type of seasons every once in a while

I'm ok with it. The last time this happened we picked up Von Miller.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

It makes me wonder what the offseason holds for the Broncos at QB. There are some names being thrown around for potential FA signings including Cousins and Brees. I wonder if Elway is going to clean QB house and try to target a vet this time. At this point, in what is looking more and more like a lost season, I'd be fine with a QB purge.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I wasn't able to watch the game due to a) not having an HD antenna and b) PS Vue not having a deal with NBC. From what's being said on the r/denverbroncos subreddit it looks like VJ has already pretty much used up any goodwill left in the town and is being called out for not being ready for a head coaching gig:

https://twitter.com/markkiszla/status/929948312844820480

I know LG and RT have been god awful this year and let's not get started on the fact that Brock Osweiler is our current QB but with the number of mistakes on special teams (24 points last night), the defense flat quitting in the last two games, and the offense being a tire fire in general doesn't this start with VJ and Elway? What are the chances that VJ is fired in year 1? I know it doesn't happen often and the players hate it but you can't tell me this season is "just growing pains" for a new coach.

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Volkerball posted:

This season ended up sucking

At least you have Lynch who has some personality. Denver has 3 QBs who think vanilla ice cream is too festive...

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

I was really hoping the Chargers would get into the postseason for you. Sorry man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankweasel
Jan 4, 2006

Croatoan posted:

Elway says Vance is safe.

gently caress.

• Locked thread