Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i think republicans only need to win control of one more state before they can start changing the constitution, so put aside some cynicism for a second. i'm flat broke though so i can't give

also, is "MAGA" just "TCOT" for internet nazis? i keep seeing it around and i have no idea what it means other than it's used by pieces of poo poo

Relin posted:

this is just a taste of 2018. we're in a conservative renaissance unfortuneatly
arguably we've been in one since reagan, and the world has followed suit at various times (britain's been with us since the beginning with maggie). at some point there needs to be pushback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Donkwich posted:

Where the gently caress is Biden in all this
democrats aren't yet in "maybe giving a poo poo about state races is a good idea" mode yet

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Condiv posted:

maga means make america great again
ah that makes sense

Baloogan posted:

uh, did you like JUST start paying attention now? like wtf
ignorance is sanity. that's why i didn't watch any of the inauguration

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i'm glad that she's knocking on doors, it's the most effective thing you can do on a campaign. you'd be surprised how much face-to-face contact matters

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i got invited to a phonebank to help out this race next week, but it's on Thursday night and i have a class at the same time. otherwise i'd definitely be there making some phones ring

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Nichael posted:

Go door to door tomorrow or Sunday if you can. Door to door is more effective, and I think it's fun.
shoulda mentioned that i'm in NYC, but it's cool that there are people here who want to help out. but yeah, door-to-door is the most effective way to reach out. you'd be surprised how much face-to-face contact helps in a race

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

To everyone celebrating:this was triage, nothing more.

Go and have a beer or whatever, but the fighting has just started.
it's vastly important that another state legislature didn't swing to the Republicans, because if they get enough they can defile the very constitution that they pretend to worship. but i agree, we gotta keep fighting, and elect not just democrats, but actually good, non-corporate democrats

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ossoff's platform is mostly good. "affordable" is a weasel word for healthcare and higher education, and he has a thing about investigating russian involvement which is foolish to make as a defining campaign issue. other than that, he seems solid- anti-citizens united, pro-Planned Parenthood, presumably pro-choice even though there's nothing in the platform that says either way

he's already raised $250k from non-PAC donors

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Bird State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

oh hey, the high school i graduated from is located in the 32nd district. apparently it hasn't been repped by a Democrat since the mid-1930s and it's easy to see why, it's a mostly rural area outside of the Waterbury suburbs, which is probably filled with people who get angry about being close to a poor, unsafe city

• Locked thread