Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Not as much as I'd like, but better this than nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Nichael posted:

I did 80 houses today, split between two neighborhoods. The second neighborhood was the same one I did a month ago. I have to be honest, the signs (literal signs, in fact-there were a ton of signs out for the competition) compared to last month were not good. The response rate was lower, and of those who did talk, a few were outright belligerent. One guy even said he was "armed and not interested", which a first for me. Normally people politely refuse; this "second amendment person" implicitly threatened me (kind of like his president did to Clinton).

Of course, the majority of people were nice. However, judging by some of the responses I got, the overall lack of participation compared to a little while ago, and the amount of signs for the GOP challenger, I'm concerned. I'm by no means discouraging donating but I have to reiterate that I think volunteering for Hansen (and other local Democrats) is much more important.

I can phone bank, but living in Texas I don't know if there's much more I can do besides that and provide more donations. Happy to be wrong here, though.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Nichael posted:

Agreed. Plus this is going much better than I anticipated. I'm about as happy as I can be in the wake of the MAGApocalypse.

:glomp:

• Locked thread