Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Zikan posted:

told one of my coworkers about this, emailed them the link and the OP rewritten to be SFW, and they said they would donate

can't get a screenshot obviously but it shows that people outside of this dying comedy forum care! tell your friends! the OP slightly tweaked is actually pretty good in explaining why this is important!

Do you have that SFW version still handy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Zikan posted:

here's the email i sent

Thank you. As a government employee, I'm not sure how much I'm actually allowed to do without breaking laws. I'll check around tomorrow at work, but I think I'll be able to donate but not physically support the GOTV stuff. Either way, I have some relatives in that district who I very much think would be interested in supporting the cause.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

My family definitely sounded like they were planning to vote, but I don't think I talked any of them into doing more than putting up yard signs. So I did this because screw Republicans.

I live here and would be very happy if my state government could not turn red, both to work against stupidity from the national level and to just plain prevent them from rendering our state government non-functional.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

not the right place for this probably, but Connecticut's government trifecta status is also at stake on Tuesday, they currently have 18-18 in the senate and have 2 seats up, one D and one R. The Dems could lose 2 states with full party control in a week .

Maybe some sort of general actual-real-life-campaigning thread is in order?

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

It's election day, go out and remind people to vote and stuff, and also vote yourself if you live in the district! Or let the Republicans win, I'm sure they'll only do helpful things and not at all block any legislature from passing like their counterparts have been doing in literally every other state they've won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Holy poo poo, I wasn't actually sure we'd pull it off. I was expecting everything to suck forever, not just most things :stare:
I am very thankful that my family will not live in a district represented by a republican, and also that this state is not yet turbofucked.

• Locked thread