Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

donated mostly because of the bad posting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

told one of my coworkers about this, emailed them the link and the OP rewritten to be SFW, and they said they would donate

can't get a screenshot obviously but it shows that people outside of this dying comedy forum care! tell your friends! the OP slightly tweaked is actually pretty good in explaining why this is important!

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

ElegantFugue posted:

Do you have that SFW version still handy?

here's the email i sent

quote:

https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/friends-for-hansen-1

Here is some information from my friend who lives in Delaware:

If the Democrats lose the special election (scheduled for Saturday, February 25th) for our 10th Senate District, our 21 member senate will flip over to the Republicans for the first time in 44 years (and with an odd number of seats, the tie breaking vote of our Democratic Lieutenant Governor is effectively useless). Since 2008, Republican membership in our state senate has increased by 66% (from six seats to ten). The nationwide crisis in effective left messaging has made this a common phenomenon, and Republicans know all too well just how important it is that they capitalize on the Democratic party's failings at the local level. That is why they're flying Vice President Pence out to campaign here for the Republican challenger in the special election, and are said to be having Donald Trump record robocalls on the candidate's behalf

Delaware's Democratic controlled government accomplished quite a bit with our previous governor, Jack Markell. A few highlights were marijuana being decriminalized with a system put in place for medical usage of it, our minimum wage increased, protective legislation against LGBT discrimination was passed, curbside recycling was implemented, and various measures were adopted to promote green energy. Things weren't perfect, but we should all know by now that with Republicans in charge (or simply obstructing the will of the people as they are wont to do), things will get worse rapidly, and in ways previously never thought possible.

The Republicans have chosen John Marino. At first glance, he may seem inoffensive, but dig a little deeper and you'll find things like "A parent has the natural right to remove their child from any test or school activity -- anytime, anywhere," (a great policy if you want even more students who have zero sex education, believe the Earth is 6,000 years old, and think sexual assault is totally copacetic) and his outrage that Democrats in the state have "restor[ed] voting rights to felons" (felons being unable to vote is just one of many ways the Republicans are going about systematically disenfranchising large swathes of our population).

The Democrats, in contrast have picked environmental attorney and single mother, Stephanie Hansen. I know many of you are wary of settling for the traditional type of Democrat in the wake of Trump, but Hansen seems to get what issues are most salient. In this twenty minute interview with her, Hansen discusses a variety of topics, but what really sums up the interview for me is this quote from her:

quote:

"If you’ve ever thought about getting involved in a political election, now is the time. If you’ve got progressive ideas – if you are for pay equity, you are for pro-environmental positions, you are for gender equality, now is the time. Because those values are under attack."

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I donated to John Marino :twisted:

btw you wasted your money bro

• Locked thread