Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

I lived in Wilmington for three years and it is a corrupt, incompetent city that, like Delaware, needs new government.

The city is so hosed up that they tried to sue me for not paying income taxes for a year I didn't even live in the state. I had already moved, didn't live there for any part of that year, and the city hired a PRIVATE (your tax dollars at work) law firm to try and sue me. When I asked my accountant, he said it wasn't just me, but that the city was so desperate for money that they were sending these letters to lots of people and hoping they would just pay out of fear and not question it.

So, I called the law firm, told the woman who answered that I didn't live in the state for the years they were suing me (around $6k is what they wanted iirc), and then she told me she would get back to me.

Never heard another word.

So, yeah, keep supporting the ace stewardship there. Help them pay their legal bills with your donations.

Count Freebasie has issued a correction as of 12:10 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Like I said, their largest city was literally extorting its (ex)citizens for money, and doing it on the taxpayers' dollar.

That's beyond hosed up.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Nichael posted:

That's the story of how everyone came to Delaware.

Delaware aside though, it's not about this state specifically. It's is a broad and incredibly pressing concern that the Democrats have been pushed out of nearly every conceivable metric of governance. This is one small way to fix that.

Let's look at some major cities close to Delaware:

Philly, NYC, Baltimore, D.C.; all under three hours drive, and two of them are in the top five largest cities in the U.S.

What party runs all three of those cities?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

tadashi posted:

Nobody is talking about city governments here except you.

:getout:

Start a thread about it.

Okay.

Apart from MD, and not including D.C., all of those states are run by Democratic governors. Apart from PA in the 2016 election, every one of those states those cities are in (including D.C. on it's own) has voted Democrat in Presidential Elections since 2000.

And as a former resident of Delaware, with insight into the state, and the ability to weigh in on this thread with actual experience of the state, :fuckoff:

• Locked thread