Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Add a government policy called "unethical gene tailoring" that allows the empire to add negative traits during gene modding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Abandoned deep space stations sounds like a spooky and cool concept though. It would be neat to be able to re-purpose abandoned space structure as a new station (old research station is now the makeshift border outpost), and then maybe some events dealing with mismatch station/biology, or space ghosts or whatever.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

I really disagree, again, that a hive mind should play out any differently than a democracy. A hive mind is just a democracy where they communicate through some other way than talking and writing.

Vote your displeasure by transmitting pain.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Jack2142 posted:

The cannon end for Janeway is she was actually arrested by the temporal starfleet dudes andprisonced to prison in the 21st century for her crimes.

Took me all day before I got this.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
I think there was activity on their forums by the developers about remaking SOTS1, so may still be defending their IP.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

Wiz posted:

In short, it's because they don't understand the world is 'theirs' because they're a new empire, so you run into the block the AI has on accepting planets because it's very easy to give them trap worlds. I'm going to try and improve the planet trading logic for cases like this, for now I'd just suggest using yesmen console command to force-accept if you're not running ironman.

I love that trap worlds are a thing and I'm now imagining the narrative possibilities. I wonder if it's possible to make an event where the AI gifts event driven trap worlds to the player fun.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
The player empires are all random and hard to get lore for. But there are constant characters in the grand menaces and some of the event quests.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
I think I remember it being that the only way for the Niven ringworld to work is for the ring to use a magnetic field to grab the star and hold it in the center of the ring or some such thing.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

I thought the one that got blown up in that war was just a ring shaped habitat?

The orbital got blown up in the story but there is a mention of 2 rings and a couple of dyson spheres getting destroyed in the summary of the war bit at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Now I want to see a late game crisis where a fleet of planet destroyers invade the galaxy, 1 ship per planet and you have to kill the ones going for planets you like before they destroy them. (kind of like what happened with SOTS locusts when they went out of control).

• Locked thread