Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Goddamnit I just got enigmatic encoders in an iron man game :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Also it's really dumb how my neighbor just got made a satellite state by an AE and now can suddenly go through my borders despite me being closed because I can't control borders to satellites, apparently

e: Of course, the science nexus event just triggered on a curator I had so now she's Curator, Spark of Genius, Maniacal so that's quite the speed boost there

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 28, 2018

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm playing Inward Perfection and (partly because this medium galaxy only had 4 civs and one fallen empire) this might be my most comically overpowered run ever

"Hey, you know those pacifist hippie tree people we declared war on? Turns out they can make a fleet way bigger than ours inside of a year"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Artificer posted:

I've finished a few. Eventually a random anomaly will pop up to help you along.

Sometimes. It doesn't always actually make you an anomaly where it says it did.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yandat posted:

the cybrex have the only good reward iirc, the rest are just dead systems you can't do anything with

If you're lucky with the timing the chunk of unity and research you get is kinda nice?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm sitting around with my whole dang non special unit fleet dismantled insulting all my neighbors with fleets rated from superior to overwhelming and not a dang one will do anything

Just because I can build like 400k in a game year, you guys :argh:

Really debating embracing some other faction so I can get rid of or at least tone down the pacifist part, not like inward perfection is doing a whole hell of a lot at this point

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

God drat it one of them just wants to vassalize me now

attack me you fucks

e: loving FINALLY

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

One of my fave things about Pdox threads is people relating their mounting woes as everything goes to poo poo :allears:

It's not even going to poo poo, it's just that I'm stubbornly refusing to change my ethics from fanatic pacifist and instead baiting the other empires into attacking me and it gets boring at times

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah, I was just getting impatient but the AE finally declared war and then got brutally shitstomped when I dumped a hundred thousand minerals into a bigass fleet inside of a year

(They have no fleet now)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Aw yess my first ever natural crisis since the time got slid back to 2400

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Megastructures are something to do to dickwave when you can, but the ruined ones are by far the best option

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

aaaand the drat crisis is loving broken

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

stupid game failed to actually spawn the contingency faction so i can't beat them up :argh:

and this is ironman so I don't have a thing to revert to

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Since that game broke on the crisis by not spawning the faction I started over with the same passive aggressive race, but on a more crowded galaxy

Fun so far

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I don't think you need the Ascension perks to repair, just the mega engineering tech

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I just lost for the first time

Got distracted by that dang worm

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I just liberated a planet in a war thinking I could get a chance to kill the known unkilled space dragon and give my immortal admiral that bonus

I forgot that I'm inward perfection so now the dragon is locked away owned by a one planet state :rip:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Holy poo poo you can change to be the machine uprising if it happens in your empire? :psylon:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

The reason is "Micromanaging literally every planet that finds its way into your empire isn't fun".

Its not too bad late game, when you pretty much just build a bunch of buildings, wait until the thing tells you it's done, then queue all the upgrades

Lol if you aren't just doing mineral world / research world / food world / energy world because that results in minimal work

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Hey just fyi wiz/other paradox folks

It might be fixed just kinda incidentally in cherryh but right I just had a random seized planet rebel against the awakened empire and so it counts as having their tech

and I was able to bribe them with some cash and get a research agreement, but my materialist faction is grumpy about them technically being Overwhelming on tech

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

And the AE took care of them eventually but I got a fair while with a nice nice +25% to every tech even the repeatable ones :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

How long has the star name in the Yuht system been Yuthaan and the system on the map been Yuhtaan

I swear I didn't do anything to it and I'm picking up achievements this time so I definitely haven't hosed with anything

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

That just reminds me that I haven't seen those fuckers in a while but have found them twice in one game before

God I hate them

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Pigbuster posted:

Is there any actual payoff to that quest or is it just a complete waste of time? For me it's always ended after the revolution.

I think you maybe get some energy or something, it's a decent amount if you have it happen early (and they don't want to be relocated to the middle of a fallen empire's territory or something)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

1) yes, but there's random number generating going on
2) not necessarily but it can be a pain in the rear end if someone goes in between and closes their borders to you (might change in a week)
3) it's a good game

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

You can start as them now though so that's full on nonsense

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh lmao I totally missed the part about non gestalt consciousness

...I really like the machine consciousness advisor voice and use it no matter what ethic I'm actually playing

it's soothing

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Probably, if you wanted to make the easiest federation victory ever

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

pospysyl posted:

The mechanist to synthetic ascension build looks pretty cool! Thanks, everyone! I am disappointed you can't just start as individual robots, but I can understand that it doesn't really fit with the medium-hard sci fi tone they're going with.

I just finally won a game this way :v:

I mean I only tried it the once, it just had that problem Stellaris has where victory is assured a long time before you actually get it

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kind of nitpicky but:

Can we get some attention paid to some of the anomaly responses? I don't think my determined exterminators really think it's all that tragic for some random organic pilot to have died slowly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I'm

Sick

As

Heck

On this launch day

This sucks

• Locked thread