Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Pi In The Sky posted:

Also, is there any reason at all to have a Frontier Outpost in a system that you have a Colony in?

Absolutely not. Ditch that poo poo once you have a more solid claim and save the influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

Alright, I guess this is now the time to ask.
In my game I am, excluding the still dormant(?) Fallen Empires, the largest military force in the galaxy. I am also part of the biggest federation.
Unfortunately said federation seems to all mutually agree that liberation wars is the best military policy, so I can't just rampage through the rest of the galaxy.
The consequence is; nothing is really happening. Occasionally there's a border dispute, and every decade or so I smack around the resident fanatical purifiers just to remind them who's boss. A few border lines are moved but nothing that helps my empire grow any larger than it already is.

Sooooo, now what? Is this the "This game has a dearth of mid/endgame content" problem I've heard so much about?

It's so weird that a game where all the win conditions are military that there are so many variations of pacifism.

I'd probably start declaring liberation wars and then making vassals out of the newly formed states. You can integrate after ten years to formally add them to the empire and being a liberator is such a huge diplomacy boost they'll pretty much always agree to the vassal demand.

Honestly you're at the point where things are going to stagnate a little until an FE wakes up or a crisis triggers.

• Locked thread