Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Kitchner posted:

I mean I was going to go for "Stellaris: Feed Your Urge to Purge" but I don't think anyone wants anything other than a title that is interesting and might make people click on it.

Stellaris: refugees from other 4X's welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Armor is hit points now, as we speculated some time ago.

??? There still a hull points stat, though?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

canepazzo posted:

Another thing:

No upgrade button on the ship. New upgrade interface coming?

I'd that plus button in its place a new thing?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

(That dev diary thread is fantastic)

I loved the poster making the physics argument about how terrain effect on FTL was wrong.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

Thread, settle something for me.

If your ships are not on the aggressive stance, they will not attack mining/research stations, correct?

Someone's insisting they do it regardless of stances despite the 1.8.3 changes and they won't listen to reason or patch notes (which are, apparently, wrong).

They might engage them if they're on the way, perhaps?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Randarkman posted:

I'm going to say the new system is very likely to work like EU4's.

I hope we get some sort of intervention option as well, enforce-peace style.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

So the effect is basically to cut down on # of slots that were defacto "guaranteed" to be power?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Magil Zeal posted:

Seems like an odd choice to me. Maybe it will make more sense in the greater context of the game as it stands after the update, but basically what this building says to me right now is +1 Unity. And that's a pretty hefty cost for +1 Unity.

It definitely does feel like a huge opportunity cost, though with fleet shattered retreat having planets try to hold out actually seems worthwhile.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Double damage is already out. Or at least there's no indication of it in the teaser screenshots. Orbital bombardment still does something but its not clear what.

Also combat width being a thing might favor defenders.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Wiz posted:

So in other words, I should make the game crash immediately on launch.

Alternative: remove mouse support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stellaris - Make it a slider, No. 1

Stellaris: it's sliders all the way down.

• Locked thread