Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Do we know when 1.5 will be released?

I really hate this about Paradox games, I want to play them but then I see all the cool features they are going to add soon so I just want to wait for those :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force was great :colbert:

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Certain government types could build a special Ship or Station once per ruler. Dunno if that's still in.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
The militarist advisor being bloodthirsty is fine in my opinion since that's the only ethic where it really fits (well, that or Xenophobe but the one they picked for xenophobe is really good as well) so it's good to have for variation. If you want calm and methodical then i'm 90% sure that the Authoritarian and Materialist advisors will fit that perfectly and you can switch freely apparently.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

IAmTheRad posted:

One thing people might not be realizing.

VO addon means that VO mods could exist. So you can have anything.

People will just make anime voice packs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Eiba posted:

To be honest hyperlanes help with verisimilitude issues for me, for reasons like this and the fact that otherwise galaxies are absurdly small.

I like the idea that there are only a few incredibly rare star systems that actually have these FTL facilitating filaments joining them together in a web. So out of the whole galaxy of billions of stars there are only a few hundred that actually matter to space empires because the rest are all lightyears apart and effectively un-exploitable.

Otherwise I'd want a map generation that didn't even pretend to be a whole galaxy. Just make it a tiny little region of space or some isolated star cluster.

I've heard this complaint before and I don't really get it. Is it that hard to pretend that the available systems are the relevant ones and the ones not shown simply aren't that important? It's like complaining that EU4 doesn't show every single hamlet in the world on the map.

• Locked thread