Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

So, Wiz, will Paradox ever release the pre-order species portraits as a paid DLC, or must I adapt to a cold, hollow future without space spiders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Wiz posted:

Pacifist should be about maximizing the utility of your systems, building tall, you know... peaceful development.

Having a Pacifist ethic in a game where the main activity is/was war was perhaps not the best idea, but I honestly do like it and the fact that it opens up for the existence of isolationist/peaceful empires. It just needs to become more viable as a playstyle.

It'd be cool if there was a set of unique buildings (erotic pleasure station that produces a unique resource, pls) and/or empire-wide perks that could be unlocked by going X number of consecutive years without being involved in a war. Or perhaps it unlocks the ability to broker peace treaties between other empires. Just anything besides more +%Happiness. That would get me to try Pacifist.. maybe.

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Thought I wasn't getting paid until Monday, so I wouldn't be able to take a crack at Utopia until possibly even next weekend. Checked the account today and toot toot looks like someone got an early deposit, so here I come.

Think I'll try syncretic evolution, and RP everyone's favorite codependent couple:

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Oh man, rolled my second game in utopia as my go-to race of viking space squids, and I can tell it's gonna be a doozy: next door ocean planet has titanic life (and my race is already very strong and militarist), I got the Cybrex event chain, and I had the fart quest, all in the first five years. What traditions should I take for a race of kaiju-riding swashbuckling egalitarians?

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

I'm getting a really annoying bug in my current playthrough, one that I'm enjoying quite a lot and don't want to restart. An early space-age primitive race just outside my borders finally got FTL and is expanding, but I have no way to contact them. They never showed up on my event sheet, but they're tagged in the map as "Nu Aliens". They aren't in the species tab, and they have no empire colors, so now there's just this blank hole growing into my borders with these dumb aliens at the center. Is there a console command to force the game to recognize them, or if not, just wipe them off the map?

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

I'm a little sissy boy who only wants to have the Cybrex quest chain trigger in all of my games because the others are a waste of time. What's the most effective way to console that in, or save game edit it in?

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

Re: making tall empires feasible through research mechanics, what about creating something along the lines of "great leaps forward" where the ratio of your research speed to population could trigger rarer and rarer tech options that give exclusive, tangible advantages for each stage of the game. Either in the form of bonuses or valuable assets, or something crazy like hidden, alternative resolutions to the Guardian or Precursor chains. Could also be combined with late game anomalies which were brought up earlier itt - more Roadside Picnic in my Stellaris please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

Dude gives me Makaan vibes in an extremely good way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBwe7KX7PYw&t=265s

Makaan probably has enough voice lines to actually make a full Stellaris advisor, too.

...it's been years since I played Homeworld 2, but listening just now... does anyone NOT hear Makaan as Jemaine Clement doing his Gentlemen Broncos voice?

• Locked thread