Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Speaking of, is a resource somewhere about how to build competent fleets? I bought the game recently and usually get my rear end kicked by apparently equal strength fleets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

How do you usually deal with the core planets limit? Just cart off your more advanced planets to a sector and hope the game doesn't mess them up?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Libluini posted:

1 You create a template
2 You apply the template to your pops
or
2b You select and build your modified pops when appropriate

Presto: Base robot species modified

Can I modify already build pops? Say, a miner guy, a science guy, etc... Also, does a +x% modifier does anything when your bot is only producing 4 minerals?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Why won't my sectors make more murderbots? They have the "Build Robots" order and have enough minerals to do so.

Is the best way to deal with sector treating them as a core planet with -25% penalty to everything and no building notifications?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I may or may have not timed my first war to take over 3 planets with the development of Machine Template System so I had three planets with 1 robot each.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I'm very disappointed the snail in your screenshot isn't wearing a monocle and a top hat.

Other than that, best mod.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Is there a primer on fleet composition/design somewhere? I usually plop down the biggest thing I have enough mineral for at the end of the month, and end up with horribly unbalanced fleets.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Just researched robot modification on my first robbit game and I don't have enough trait slots to do so :bang:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So basically at no point is a good investment to replace your already built robbits for specialized ones, right? Besides leader shenanigans, I guess.

A +10% in minerals is going to take approximately infinity years to pay off the cost of a new robot and the 30 months will take to replace.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Will this fancy new Stellaris change how sectors works? They always seemed to me to be an attempt to reduce micromanagement that failed because you have to babysit them anyway or they would do dumb things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tomn posted:

I imagine the answer is "Pay tribute."

Millions for defense, not one cent in tribute doesn't really work that well when you can't spend millions on defense to begin with.

We never pay any-one Dane-geld :colbert:

• Locked thread