Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Looking forward to the expansion. Gonna make all of my dudes robots :awesomelon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Goddrat

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Haven't played in a while, is trading star charts still a trap?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
How do I get back into the Shroud? Pissed off a dude and he came to our universe to die, but now I can't find an option to go spelunking again.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

It's under the contacts menu.

I'm not seeing it. Is it time locked? Is that communicated anywhere?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Welp, started Fanatic Pacifist/Xenophobe for that sweet sweet unity, then shifted into Auth/Mil/Phobe. Subjugated my neighbors, then conquered the nearby Xenophile FE, nerve-stapled their entire race, and put them in the mines while taking their ringworld and gaia planet for myself. No crisis yet but I'm gonna call this pretty much won seeing as it's making even my rig chug. No more 1000 star galaxies I think.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Had a game the other day where I found all of the Cybrex artifacts, but researching the anomaly on the destroyed ringworld did nothing. Cybrex Alpha remained in my situation log, no unity, nothing.

Also anyone else having performance issues now? Before the expansion I'd run at a solid 60 fps until late game, now just staring at the galaxy map after even a single colony I'm getting random drops to sub-10 frames per second. It bounces up and down constantly.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
People asking about easy access to sector spaceports, I think I read somewhere that you can click on the planet icon in the outliner that shows how many are in the sector to jump through them. Worth a try.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Talkie Toaster posted:

Overharvesting

Does -migration attraction make it more likely that pops will emigrate in addition to making it less likely that they will immigrate?

Follow-up, is there a way you could make planets get a stacking -migration attraction effect as the blockers spawn?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Gammymajams posted:

What's a simple mod to increase the number of planets under your direct control?

If you just want all of them, the auto build and upgrade buildings mod has an edict that increases core planet cap by 900, you don't have to actually use the other features of the mod. (On mobile so no link).

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Roobanguy posted:

this is a silly question, but are you going to your situation menu and actually starting the project?

It's probably this. Once you confirm the gene mod, you have to go into the situation log and start working the project, the timer you initially get is just the window of opportunity to do it.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Wiz, please put in a way to unsubscribe/delete mods from the launcher. I went through my subscribed mods and deleted the ones I had left over from earlier patches by sorting by last updated, but that doesn't help with the mods that got deleted from the workshop due to obsolescence or other reasons, and gently caress going through the steamapps workshop folder and opening each zip file therein to determine if a mod is one of the few outdated ones that still works and I'm using (like Ripple Ping).

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
I remember reading that Fanatic Purifiers are still bugged re: Xeno Unity interactions, that still the case? If so, there a mod fix?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Wiz, please please please prevent ship designs from getting the same name if there's enough names in the list. Makes upgrading/saving designs dodgy, occasionally deleting other designs with the same name. Also we still need a "Random Ship Name" button.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Should be an ascension perk that buffs FTL in your territory. Much larger/unlimited warp range within borders, go directly from one hyperlane to the next without wind down/up, travel from any wormhole system to any other so long as they're both within your borders, jump drive... same as warp? Maybe make it so they have to be within the same contiguous border, so no jumping from one side of the galaxy to the other because you plopped down a frontier outpost. I dunno, that's probably way too good though.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

alcaras posted:

Awesome, thank you.

Now I just need a mod to ignore ground combat and auto-successfully-invade planets that have been bombarded to zero and a huge majority of my oh-god-the-micro complaints will be resolved.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887011008&searchtext=bombardment+capture

Not sure about some of the other changes, but this has that so it is doable.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Baronjutter posted:

Devouring swarm is like a hive version of fanatic purifiers or something else?

Sounds like regular hivemind will no longer consume pops by default so you can be friendly hive.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

MuffinsAndPie posted:

When embracing a faction's governing ethic, is there any way to tell which ethic it's going to replace? Right now I have Xenophobic, spiritualist, and militarist, and I plan on becoming a fanatic purifier after I research this psionics card.

Pretty sure you aren't. (Fanatic Purifier is one of those "Must be picked at species creation" civics I believe.)

E:

GlyphGryph posted:

I'm not even entirely sure how to tell what ethic a faction is sometimes.

Easy way is to go to the Promote/Suppress box and read the tooltip. It'll tell you which ethos will be promoted/suppressed.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
I think I remember there being two phobe factions, depending on if you're pacifist or not. Nots get the "Purge the xenos" faction, pacifists get isolationists.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

MuffinsAndPie posted:

I always get pacifist and materialist mixed up because of the way the peace faction works.

Also I ended up with a fanatic xenophile/spiritualist government, so I guess I'll keep trying embracing factions every 10 years until I can find out if I can be fanatical psychic purifiers.

Try this next time.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Descar posted:

I really like PCS,

i'm still playing my first utopia game, and this is the first time i managed to research stuff and exspand at the same time.

I'd like to see a hard cap on unity levels/research levels, so that more colonizes just doesn't overkill your progress ability.

I'm always playing 1000 star galaxy btw.
There's alot of things that doesn't scale well with larger galaxy also.

Maybe don't make going wide the only good plan even more.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Descar posted:

I feel like going wide is always the more fun option, as you get to explore and expand more..
They shouldn't limit going wide just because going tall is basically limiting yourself.
Earlier Habitats, or more/other types like underground/atmoshere/underwater habitats or smaller dyson spheres could make going tall better and making use of each star system to the maxmium.

anyway, im 103 years into the game, with 155 colonies and need 70+ months for each tradition, and i make 3.950 unity each month.
technology is the same, i had to beat FE's with Coilguns (tier II) even with PCS! :)

Searching debris is only way to advance myself, and it probably a lot more OP then PCS itself.
Strength through numbers is the fun way.

Game is really fun, but the UI and Sectors needs looking into.

What I was saying is I feel like going wide is already the best option.

You get a larger navy, and yeah, tall empires can take that one ascension perk to help equalize, but:

You get tons of spaceports to build/rebuild that navy very quickly, and:

You get the mineral and energy income to actually support that navy.

Also, there is no singular 'fun way'.

E: Besides, if you want to break the game balance and just run roughshod over the game, there're mods that remove the tech penalty.

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Apr 21, 2017

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Jabarto posted:

I'd like some recommendations as well, I've never used a mod for this game ever so it might be fun.

In particular if there's anything that for gene modding or letting ascended synthetic empires convert other species into synths, because I like both biological and synthetic ascensions but right now they each have issues that make them annoying or even unusable.

Baronjutter posted:

These were my concerns when the dev diary dropped. I really really hoped they had planned to couple all this genetic engineering with better species management and automatic pop sorting that shuffled everyone on a planet around every few months or what ever to optimize things so you didn't have to. But they didn't, it's just way more traits and micro tacked onto the same old system with nothing improved :(

I also assumed if you went full synthetic obviously your pops would auto-grow or there's be some automatic way to auto-fill your planets. Nope :(

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=901045072

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Jacque Pott posted:

I've just started modding in the last couple of days and made an attempt at removing ground combat: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911546934

Instead of the whole "bombard fortifications to nothing, move in army, invade" rigamarole I put in an event to make the bombarder take control of the planet shortly after the fortifications hit 0. To balance this out, planet fortifications are quite a bit higher so the process takes about the same amount of time, but with much less hassle.

Anything I could find that gives armies, attachments, or army-specific bonuses have been replaced with other bonuses. Common things are -unrest to make up for the lack of army-based suppression and planet fortification / navy bonuses to replace the army's role in taking planets.

Like I said, this is my first time modding so feedback is very much appreciated!

I can dig it, will try when I get home. Did you remember to remove/replace the Shroud Avatar ground unit event?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Can someone post a link to that stream where he talks about future possibilities?

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

MadJackal posted:

I'm more than a little annoyed at the Steam subscription mod structure. Why is there no "update all subscribed mods" button? I can get all of my 1.2-compatible mods to become 1.5-compatible by unsub then resubing, but that's tedious and dumb, and it resets every time I quit the game.

Is there some easy settings choice I'm missing?

I have never encountered this. Mods just update whenever one is pushed out. Unless you mean they're marked as incompatible in the launcher, and downloading a new mod while launcher is open doesn't correctly mark them as for an older version? In which case they're not updated, yell at the mod author and/or find a newer mod that does what you want.

FE: The red exclamation point doesn't mean there's a new version, it means the mod you have is for an older version and hasn't been updated.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

MadJackal posted:

Auto Build, Stellar Expansion, and Multiple Crises are all updated to 1.5, but for some weird reason the launcher doesn't recognize the updates even though I've played with these mods multiple times after I've done the unsub-resub dance. It's just weird.

Welp, I tried :v: That's really weird.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Magil Zeal posted:

I prefer the 4X elements to Grand Strategy elements anyway, all of Paradox's other games focus so much on the grand strategy and basically ignore the regional level, so at least let me have this in Stellaris. I want to have pops working terrain.

I mean if it was fun, sure. Constantly shuffling pops around because your weak master species really wants to go to the mines instead of a very strong slave species or a robot isn't fun.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
There are at least a couple of mods that add ways to convert new fleshies to synths. Phoneposting or I'd link them. I think one is called something like Synthetic Evolution Enhanced or Expanded or somesuch.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Ihmemies posted:

So is there some recommended modpack which adds actually interesting races? Just races, not any extra new game content. The generic bugs the game generates are too bland for my refined taste :L

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902254973&searchtext=familiar+faces
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=902255007&searchtext=familiar+faces

Goon mods. Only prerequisites are a few cosmetic mods.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

PittTheElder posted:

Doesn't it also give +50% Survey Speed? That is a good bonus, at least before they nerfed PSC anyway.

Surveys are super quick as it is, the majority of survey time is traveling from object to object.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Baronjutter posted:

So now I build swarms of PD destroyers, which of course zoom ahead in battle to get killed asap rather than hanging back and protecting the fleet (please give us a choice of behaviors when setting combat computer).

Ask and ye shall receive.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
I use the mod that cuts the productivity of non-sector capital planets' army/spaceport productivity by half, and adds it to the sector capital's output. No link because phone posting.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Ugh, I'm having an issue that I'm fairly sure is mod-related, but when enabling/disabling a mod takes like 8 seconds to process and I'm running a bunch, it's a lot of work to test, so I'm gonna see if anyone here has run into it and knows the cause. Basically when I embark my assault armies, they disappear. They're listed in the outliner still with the zzz idle icon, but they're unselectable, don't spawn transport ships, and don't have any other info displayed in the outliner. They're still costing upkeep, but they just disappear into the ether. I've read the things that have caused this in earlier patches; it's not a drive mismatch, because these are the first armies I've embarked in this game, and I've got a troop transport set up in the ship designer, so it shouldn't be that. I've tried disabling Ground Combat Evolved, with no luck, and I honestly can't think of any other mods that would be causing this.

Honestly I just wish ground combat was an extension of bombardment, so we didn't have to fiddle with armies at all, but :v:

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

It seems like your big obstacle will be mineral production and unfortunately I don't know if that would just make the entire thing unviable.

Also no spaceports with how habs currently work.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
Personally I just wish a mod like this one was available for the current patch, so I could do away with ground combat entirely.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

OwlFancier posted:

Wormhole station and hyperlanes?

Don't you need hyperdrive tech to be able to turn on hyperlane view?

Nah, you can research the ability to see them.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Artificer posted:

I've been building buildings on planets based on what resources are on the tiles. Is that the right move or should I hyper specialize and just have an ENERGY PLANET or something?

Gets asked like every other page, I think the wisdom is follow the tile resources early, then later you can specialize, and should if a given planet has a modifier that gives a bonus to one resource. Specialization is absolutely the way to go if you're doing robo/gene modding, as (unless as a machine empire you already have specialized pops on every tile) the finest granularity you can geet for modding pops is on a per-planet basis. So have a planet of mine drones, a planet of energy drones, a planet of livestock etc

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Talking about when you have a guy out exploring and another empire either closes their borders or pushes their borders on their return path.

Yes, you can already emergency ftl in that situation. If you hit the return button, it says 'no path found, do an emergency jump?'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug
So, what's the safest way to go into a coma so I can Rip Van Winkle my way to patch day? :fap:

• Locked thread