Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011
Egotistic modder with overly-complex supermod isn't receiving attention from Paradox for his grand achievements?

They can be taught!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wiz posted:

If a significant chunk of your playerbase bought a game with a ship designer in it because they wanted to design ships, suddenly taking away the ability to design ships is a terrible, terrible idea, yes.

You can't remove it, that's dumb to even suggest, but what kind of time and effort would it take to refactor it to actually be meaningful? It's great that people love a shallow, meaningless system, but I assume at some point that would mean a tech and combat rework as well and simply isn't feasible?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Pretty much. it suffers from the eternal game problem of optimal paths, which truth be told is a problem I haven't seen solved in twenty years of video games, so :shrug:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Delete Stellaris, replace with CK3.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Orv posted:

Delete Stellaris, replace with Rome 2.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:golfclap:

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wiz posted:

The real problem is the lack of NATO counters imho.

Please no.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I only just started playing again so it's possible it changed, but once you get over certain fleet sizes and techs, doesn't a range advantage become less meaningful once a combat is locked in? Speaking of, is it a consequence of Clauswitz that combat can't be free roaming, or was that a design choice?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Actual non-hypothetical stuff, is it possible to weaponize guardians against other factions? Well, point them anyway, they're already plenty explodey.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your analogy privileges are revoked.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah let's crank the knob so far in the other direction it flies off and kills passers by.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Wiz posted:

Screw ship design, what we really need to do is recode the game in visual basic.

Uh, Assembly? Fuckin' amateur.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Thingsnoonesaid.txt

Orv
May 4, 2011
Make Everything Stargate Again.

Orv
May 4, 2011

canepazzo posted:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/823525047084138496

ALL THESE WORLDS
ARE YOURS EXCEPT
EUROPA
ATTEMPT NO
LANDING THERE
USE THEM TOGETHER
USE THEM IN PEACE

Except because this is a Paradox game the monolith aliens would show up and get murdered for fun.

Orv
May 4, 2011
So it's my understanding that the upcoming free content update with the new expansion is basically fixing the last of the problems I had with vanilla Stellaris, which leaves me in the position we all love on SA; asking which Paradox expansions to get. They all seem good from a content perspective, so mostly I just want to know if any of them gently caress anything up or add any particularly unnecessary tedium or badly thought out/of systems.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do enclaves give any kind of poo poo about being in your borders (as they currently work)? It's not going to piss them or somebody else off if I get some gore on them?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Cool, thanks all.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I destroyed a frontier outpost that was a war goal and lost a bunch of war score for it? Not to mention I apparently lost that battle according to the game. Any ideas?

E: And then the empire I was at war with that was Equivalent to me when the war started showed up with a 1.9K fleet when I haven't even seen destroyer tech yet and thank you for the reminder to not play on Ironman, Paradox games. Would still like to know what's going on there though.

Orv fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 3, 2018

Orv
May 4, 2011
My assumption is that the ship losses are somehow registering as more influential to war score than the destruction of the station, or it's otherwise a weird edge case bug. Basically just bring on 2.0. :v:

Orv
May 4, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

So, when can I play the game again because everything is going to change? Even beta, even if I won't have apoc until the 22nd (not buying off Paradox store because of exchange rate, want to save that $2)

Date and time with Apoc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
I feel like with the sensor range changes, by the time you're using jump drive to pop into an enemy empire's home systems and then sitting there for 100 days to wait to do things in case the enemy responds to you, they can probably just see you sitting there. Which I guess brings up the question if the AI can see the debuff.

• Locked thread