Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So is there some recommended modpack which adds actually interesting races? Just races, not any extra new game content. The generic bugs the game generates are too bland for my refined taste :L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Hnghh, first time playing since 1.4. Bought synth dawn for 5,60€ and started a Skynet game. First time I see traditions. The traditions have a text hiding the actual traditions. When I try to see what traditions each tradition tree gives, the flavor text always comes back to obscure the talent tree.

I'd like to see the actual traditions available, but I have to fist adpot a tradition, check what's available, load game and then adopt a new tradition.. repeat this 7 times and I'm ready to give up. Is there any way to get rid of the annoying flavor text? My ui scale is 1.2x.

I can get around this by setting ui scale to 1.0x, restarting game, loading the game, selecting a tradition, switch back to 1.2x, restart, load.. but I don't think it's any more efficient.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Oct 23, 2017

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

kaffo posted:

Rather than using the UI scaling I downloaded one of the HD resolution fixes from the workshop, that worked really well

Thanks, I'll need to try out one of those! With poor vision 2560x1600 on a 30" screen, small text doesn't work at all. I haven't played any of the earlier Paradox games because of horrible ui and font issues.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I really like hyperlanes only, because it adds a strategic element to the game. You can actually have a "front" and "back" lines, make defensive positions to choke points (in a spiral galaxy for example) etc. People just can't suddendly appear next to you, and I like that.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

How do I get more influence as a determinated exterminator robots? I can colonize new planets only very slowly. Found a tech which gives +1 but that was that.

Also why I picked more core worlds traditions. I have 13 and the whack a mole game is endless.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I've noticed that wars are much easier to win when you have at least two fleets. One to attack, another to ward off the annoying backdoor humpers. That also sadly means you need to way overbuild your army before starting a war and pick the easiest opponents first.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I finished the Cybrex chain for the first time in my life. To my surprise I found a ringworld! I didn't even know what the reward would be. Sadly it was in enemy territory, so they had to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

postcapt posted:

You can apply the discount code "LUNAR8" for another 8% off.

I got mine from uk.gamesplanet.com. £14 without any special discounts. That's 16€ but I guess that one's you linked is even better!

• Locked thread