Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Cyrano4747 posted:

So what's 1.5 bringing?

I'll sum up a bit.

- Pop Ethics/Factiom rework: Pops now only have one (non-Fanatic) Ethic. Each Ethic (not Ethics combination, just every non-fanatic Ethic position) can now represented by a Faction that Pops will join. Dev diary
- New ethic slider: Authoritarian - Egalitarian. Dev diary
- Traditions and Unity: customizing Empires with special bonus trees. Dev diary
- Species Rights: entire species can now be categorized under Full Citizenship, Caste System, Slavery, etc. Dev diary
- Other fixes/additions, like pops becoming refugees to avoid being purged.

Rincewinds posted:

More genocide options and humanitarian cuisine.

That's part of the unnamed upcoming DLC, not the Patch.

Also a paid feature:

- Ascension Perks: further features to customize empire and provide "endgame" models for them. Dev diary

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rincewinds posted:

I think Ascension Perks was a paid feature as well.

Yup, corrected.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Archonex posted:

Also mentioning it again but More AI Personalities (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701432146) really needs to be in the OP.

It adds way more dimensions to the game. You have everything from races that are actually designed to be insidious opportunists that capitalize on military weakness, to a piratical slaver persona that basically sells off slaves, to an aspiring precursor personality type that want to basically set themselves up as a precursor dominating other races technologically through centuries of political maneuvering, to crazier one off rare personality types like a clearly parasitic race of people puppeteering fungoids that are described as "Frenzied Breeders" and are perfectly happy to put the Blorg to shame in invading people to get "closer" to them. :stonk:

Three different personalities for the Ottoman Empire.

lol

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, and someone discovers it for the first time every few months.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fintilgin posted:

* Planet of aliens is enslaved by baddies *
* I liberate the planet from the baddies and free the slaves *

- 30% happiness WAS ENSLAVED
- 25% happiness WAS CONQUERED

:mad:

Wiz!

:mad:

Baronjutter posted:

Wiz lied, Slaves cried.
Little details like this can really make or break the "narrative" of of the game. Had the same thing happen to me and I was so sad because in my mind the entire war was about liberating these poor slaves and showering them with freedom in my multi-species democracy, but they were so angry for so long. I wrote the penalty off as them needing time to recover from their enslavement and integrate into a non-slave society.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7bFgpSvRg&t=55s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I named a species Scum because they're terrible little monsters. In my Banks game with them I ended up generating a subspecies called Trans-Scum :staredog:

Would've liked an option to change species names in-game.

• Locked thread