Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I wanna say "source your quote" but just in case you're serious the steam sale was run by steam and they don't give a drat about a random game having an expansion just two days after their sale.

Anyways, try the Paradox Plaza Store, they also had a sale going and it was still on as of yesterday. You can get a steam key from them.

Thanks for your helpful answer. Now that I'm calmed down, I recognize that I had a stupid meltdown. I was mostly angry at PayPal, and it was unfair to transfer my anger to Paradox.

I did not know that the Steam sale was independent of Apocalypse coming out. I only notice the sales when SA threads point them out for specific games I'm interested in. I've found that I'm liable to spend too much money on games I'll never play if I do it any other way. Sadly, the only game for sale on Paradox Plaza is Age of Wonders 3, and I already own that game and all DLC. (It's a great game by the way!)

And I've bought dozens of CK2 DLC at full price, and I can't remember a new CK2 DLC coming out where older DLC were not for sale. I just did not expect there to be no Stellaris sale two days before a new release.

I'll probably still buy Apocalypse, because I like Paradox and want to support them for putting out such an amazing patch as Cherryh seems to be. But I won't buy any of the other stuff now. Being mad was a bit stupid anyway, I can get those stuff in another sale. But I was so excited for Thursday, and the whole thing has just extinguished the hype :(

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Feb 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm pretty sure Stellaris will be a better game when it's hyperlane only, but I did enjoy playing xenophobic pacifists who always had their borders closed and exclaves all over the galaxy. Which will be mostly impossible without wormhole drives.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Splicer posted:

Let me tell you about Gates.

Which is why I wrote mostly. With wormholes, you can do this right from the start. And you can even colonize on the other side of unfriendly empires, as long as you have the range to jump over them. Based on what we know so far, I think Gates will be a bit too late game to be an equivalent replacement.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

GunnerJ posted:

If there's one thing I don't like about hyperlanes, it's that you can see the whole galaxy-wide network of them right from the start. I get that this makes sense from a gameplay standpoint but personally I'd like it if you have to at least travel to a system before discovering where its hyperlanes lead to. But I get that this is probably better for a mod than core game design.

Ascendancy had a hyperlanes-only FTL system in the 90s, and in that game, you only discovered new hyperlanes when you entered a system (unless you were the Oculons who could see all hyperlanes as their racial trait). Make it the same for Stellaris, with the difference that when better scanners enable you to look at systems further from your ships, they also reveal the hyperlanes.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

turn off the TV posted:

The show makes perfect sense when you keep in mind that warp drives need fuel and most ships cannot simply refuel themselves in transit. As a result the availability of fuel sources would significantly limit travel through regions where infrastructure to supply ships had not or could not be established.

Remember the time Data got command of a ship when the Federation instituted a blockade so that the Romulans couldn't covertly support Lursa and Be'tor (sp?) in the Klingon civil war. With the blockade fleet consisting of something like 26 ships? How does that make any kind of sense in the three dimensions of space?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
So remember when I had a meltdown about missing the sale? Paradox have the exact same sale on Paradox Plaza right now. So remember that Paradox are the best developers there are, and don't be like me and act like a giant idiot and big crybaby. I applaud all of you who loled about my post. So head over there if you are still missing some Stellaris DLC.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

I'm torn on if I want plant people dlc or not. The humanoid one looks kinda bad though.

I think they look nice. And it's 50% off, you can't go wrong with it.

I agree about the humanoid pack. I wouldn't even consider it if not for the additional ship models, which do look nice.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The cost for mining and research station varies wildly, from 450 minerals per station to 90 minerals per station, and I have no idea why :(

Edit: I figured it out. It lists the price as if you gave the order for all these stations to be built. So if you have three +mineral planets in the system, it will display as costing (90+90+90=)270 minerals, but it will only substract 90 even if you only order one station built. The problem is that it won't let you give the order to build even one station if you only have 90 minerals. That's a bug!

Torrannor fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

• Locked thread