Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Stellaris - Star War Criminals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Stellaris: Not My Pre-sentient

The weakest of burns.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Personally I'm really looking forwards to Banks's hotfix

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Arglebargle III posted:

Volcano Removal -> Deep Crust Engineering
Advances in material technology and deep-shaft mining techniques allow geo-engineering at previously unthinkable depths and temperatures. Magma hotspots can now be exploited, suppressed, or even relocated.

Toxic Kelp Removal -> Ocean Ecology Management
Given enough processing power, networked sensors and distributed stations, even the ocean currents can be managed to a fine level of control.

Glacier Removal -> Climate Control Network
Orbital systems of mirrors and shades can effect dramatic changes in planetary climates, when managed properly.

Mountain Removal -> Planetary Resurfacing
With the advent of clean fusion, automation, and matter compression technologies, it was only a matter of time before mountain top removal became mountain range removal.

Dense Jungle Removal: Selective Defoliants
Thorough cataloging, gene sequencing, and computer modeling of exobotanical ecosystems, coupled with gene editing and dispersal mechanisms, will allow us to reshape alien plant communities to our liking.

Quicksand Basin Removal -> Soil Remediation
The process of soil deposition normally takes millions of years. With advanced fracking, chemical engineering, and hydraulic management technologies even the poorest substrate can be turned into fertile topsoil.

Noxious Swamp Removal -> Xeno-Hydraulic Mastery
Sentient races have been reclaiming swampland for thousands of years. A coordinated system of modular aquaducts, pump stations, chemical remediation crawlers and automated soil compactors can reclaim land at unprecedented speeds.

Deep Sinkhole Removal -> Subterranean Colonization
Many planets exhibit extensive subsurface voids. Subterranean exploration, exploitation, and construction techniques can greatly increase the habitable area of some worlds.

Man, this sounds really cool and good, if onl-

Wiz posted:

Do I have your permission to steal this?

:allears:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Will habitats be able to become independent?

Like could you have a breakaway star republic consisting entirely of a single habitat.

That'd be cool.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Roland Jones posted:

Checked Wiz's Twitter, and this is a smaller thing that got missed from earlier today:

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/824646924624154624
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/824648593730629632
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/824648693366321153

A nice little thing, I think. Will make the map look a lot better. Also more colors would be nice too.

Also, didn't notice at first, but the above black hole station seems to be an arthropoid station, I think. That's neat.

This is a fantastic change, though I'd love to see more flag colors as well.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Deceitful Penguin posted:

But yeah, I think it's rather weird that we don't have pop-reeducation, though the new ethics attraction system might change that?

That's what the Orbital Mind Control Laser is for.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Torrannor posted:

Do we know what's up with the ethics symbol in the middle of the ethics wheel? Despicable Neutral?

It's "Hive-minded"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

nice

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 23, 2017

• Locked thread