Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Baronjutter posted:

Stellaris human ladies always look like they're really sick of your poo poo.

I was wondering about it too. Maybe that's the looks Pdox artist who drew them gets 24/7 so he thinks its a natural facial expression of a human female?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Coolguye posted:

this went from funny observation to weird goony conspiracy theory really fast

Just making a joke, perhaps not so funny but w/e.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I am a little wary of those "don't do this!" options. These warnings make sense in Fallen London but sort of weird in a game when you can reload a save. On other hand if this stuff is available to the AI as well it could be cool to see them go down the path of doom and darkness.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bholder posted:

It makes sense to me that a hivemind pop would not survive outside the hive mind, it's like removing an organ from the host.
Maybe we can use gene therapy to remove the hivemind trait, becoming the ultimate democratic crusader.

Only weird edge case would be when two hiveminds trade pops, but maybe that was also taken care of somehow, who knows...

All our questions will be answered an hour or so anyway.

There is an old weird Russian game called Vangers and the premise was exactly that, part of the hive got separated due to portal collapse. Short story - they managed to adapt sort of but their behaviour is still full of weird, archaic instincts and remnants of life-cycles from back when it was part of the whole.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

GenericOverusedName posted:

Weird. Well here is the important part:

so what exactly is broken?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I need a bit of advice abut early corvette-level wars. I restarted the game because I thought I hosed up something but the second time it went exactly the same. Basically I can't move forward after taking the first planet. There is a big initial clash with our standing fleets which I win and than the survivors bomb and help capture a planet. To move forward I need to get them back up to at least 1500 which I can't do because AI rebuilds and sends a fleet which I destroy while taking casualties sending me back to square 1. This is a stalemate that I can't figure out. Should I try building destroyers? Unless I'm missing something they are as bad as they always were, not powerful enough hull to be a tank and don't have corevette evasion.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Encountered eerily throughtful behaviour by the AI. Neighbour empire that I planned on being friends with built a frontier outpost that covered Cybrex system which I just discovered. While I was contemplating on what to do about it, a federation builder offered a solution. He proposed we start a war against neigbour dude and his ally, wargoals were: Fed builder will get a planet from the ally, I get a planet from neighbour and he will dismantle the outpost. This was exactly what I wanted, so conventient like something a human player would offer.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

You can kill the horror with 25-30K fleet but there isn't much reason to until you can afford a 50-60k at least. Reward for killing it is jump drive and the unbidden will invade soon after.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Dude, what the gently caress!

I thought we were FRIENDS, Emata! You just loving cockblocked me big time! Your space isn't even connected to that poo poo and there aren't even any inhabitable worlds in that area (just the creepy space orb floating next to a blackhole). Whhhhhyyyy?!

Can I tell them to dismantle this outpost or give it to me somehow? I'd rather not get into a war with a fellow representative democracy, especially when I've got the religious Zealots pushing in on my territory. I reaaallly want that outpost out of my way though... Damnit Emata :smith:

[edit] What a bummer note to end the night on. I guess ensuring I get that link between arms instead of the Pirazean is even more important now...
[edit2] They just built a second outpost up there in a neighboring system and pushed me out of a system where I had a few mining stations active (which apparently just go poof?). You're pissing me off Emata, damnit.

I had almost exactly the same situation (empire I wanted to befriend screwing me over with outpost) which suddenly resolved itself while I was trying to figure out what to do next. Another empire to the north of the offenders offered me to join the war against them. The terms were - I get 1 of their planets and they dismatle the outpost. It was awesome and exactly what I wanted.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I forgot - can the AI unleash terrible bullshit from the shroud? Or become possesed by demons or something?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Splicer posted:

Oh yeah obviously otherwise RIP wrists. They'll do some stupid stuff with them sometimes but lesser of two evils etc.
I wonder if nuking a planet's moon has any effect. Be a great show of force, blowing up the moon but leaving the planet intact to deal with messed up tides and continual meteor strikes. "We could have destroyed you. Instead we educated you. It would be best if the lesson ended here."

You just described a bit from Stanislaw Lem's novel "Fiasco". Highly recommended reading.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Reveilled posted:

My first paradox game was Europa Universallis 1, how familiar are you with paradox?

But have YOU played Airfix Dogfighter? :smuggo:

Just kidding, neither have I. Although I think I remember your nick back from Paradox OT. Whatsup ancient Paradox player buddy.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

So the old 'pocalypse coming out today? :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

What are your guys' thoughts on early corvette war on your nearest neighbour with 2.0? How many corvettes? I just tried it with 13 and kind of feels like I need maybe 15 or so. Problem is, I think the AI will just match my fleet. Perhaps colonizing 3rd planet was a mistake and I should have traded it for more corvettes.

• Locked thread