Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think with Stellaris, as the mid-game gets fleshed out there will hopefully be more internal/external dynamics between and within empires that start to help define the AI empires around you in your head rather than just another bunch of random empires that exist in this particular game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Steam refund I guess? I dunno, I also try to buy everyone from Paradox through the Paradox store

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
the music in this expansion is really good, as it was in leviathan and in the original game

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
space peacocks own

this makes my Seven Mysteries of Melek-Taus spiritual empire even better

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Planetary invasions should just work like sieges in EU4. The planet will give up given time, with the option of launching an assault at a greater cost.

That's a pretty boring solution, but it does work.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Was that quote about ground combat from a while ago or is that in the context of the 2.0 changes? Because changes to ground combat seem like they'd be definitely in the cards given the introduction of system control via starbases etc.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Wiz, earlier today in the Paradox forums thread, mentioned that ground combat needs work but he doesn't want to just flat out remove it.

No word on when that may be happening though. Likely not this update by the way it was phrased.

Gotcha thanks.

I'm cool with them fixing it, I'm sure they could whip it into something a little more interesting.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
How is there no space dolphin/posadist workshop mod for this game.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Shouldn't basic point defence be included in starting tech, otherwise there's no effective counter to basic missiles until you research it. Although since corvettes don't have a PD slot (I think) and will likely evade a lot of missles, I guess there's not much point.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
At least two or three paradox games were in the top Steam sellers for this past year so I imagine they're making a decent chunk of change generally.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Forums are being all wonky this morning but have come back just in time for today's diary:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-103-civic-ascension-perks-changes-and-additions.1067730/

Some very powerful late game stuff coming in 2.0 along with making your decisions more distinct.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i3zrzyLOCw

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Hopefully 2.0 will give Stellaris a solid foundation to build up other stuff. More internal politics stuff would be interesting, I dunno how doable it is without the game losing some focus, loving up some systems, or demanding too much of the AI, though.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I wish there was a freespace 2 mod that gave beam weapons a lot more oomf. I know that's unrealistic since stellaris involves gigantic fleets but we need more games like that.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
watching arumba's stream, i'm impressed with how much more thought you can put in to your expansion, and diplomacy with neighbours.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
With new combat computers I wonder if they'll touch survey modules on research ships. I only ever get the upgraded versions after I'm done surveying, usually.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

...it's been years since I played Homeworld 2, but listening just now... does anyone NOT hear Makaan as Jemaine Clement doing his Gentlemen Broncos voice?

I just listened to it now for the first time in years and heard the exact same thing. Glad I'm not crazy.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Zane posted:

this is exactly it. the more i can pretend i'm playing freespace 2 the better.

yeah no kidding

since we're talking on and off about freespace 2, I gotta say one thing i love about that game is the sound design. you could always tell by sound what beam weapons belonged to which race, and they made the shivan's beam cannons sound suitably threatening.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
official theme song for expansion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN_SxiP6RZ0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
also agreed that early game is really great. expansion feels good, I'm never hurting for influence too much but my expansion feels intentional rather than incidental to what I want to do.

fleet manager needs a bit of work, it is a bit wonky.

I get the feeling that trading module, edicts, and upgrades could very easily be spun into a whole expansion.

• Locked thread