Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

As long as you can drop colonies orbital habitats on to planets they will be good. Even if it's just an event chain.

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jan 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Could just have the traits the other way around?

Xeno Gourmet - Aliens are delicious and Cannibal - Meat's back on the menu

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

I'd think it be funner to have more limits. Like NAPS, DefPacs and Guarantees could have a pool or separate limit modified by gov type and techs. So you'd have to look even closer at who'd you really want for what kind of friend. It would help stop the galaxy from forming 2-4 giant sides before even Feds start too.

The AI bombards me with NAPS and Defpacs all the time even when they are on the other side of the galaxy, I want to at least tell them "no, stop calling me" without having to insult them or something.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

This good thing from Ck2, this from HOI4, this from vicky and EU and Dark souls and FTL and Crafting survival. :v:

As much as I would love to have Space CK2 with back stabing, insestuous space brids its not really a 4x thing.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

SO I was finishing my last game before shelving it for banks (and the new ck2 dlc lol) I was play a military dictatorship and it seems like I go through this stage where my Hyper-Lord dies at 80 and the successor is 78 and dies in a year, I even had one where the poor dude died a tick after he got elected Hyper-Lord.
I eventually fixed it after a dozen or so hyper-lords with leader age techs but it seems like I'm hemorrhaging leaders for a while since there's usually only one choice for succession.

On the up side I had so many oversized ships.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

That would be great, b-movie sci-fi style humans/aliens namelists would be cool too.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

SOTS handled the congestion better. The size of your gate network added to the max transport size, and then you upgraded to cruiser gate ships which added more per gate. So it was critical to pepper all your systems and allies with gates, if they'd let you.

E: Then when you were done with them you jumped massive fleets straight to your "allies" core worlds. :black101:

Jigoku San fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 21, 2017

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Yeah, I got private colony ships as an option right after colony ships once, it owned. I was able to bliz colonize so much faster while building up with my minerals.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

I don't get some of these patch changes... Nerfing warp, an already meh FTL type and buffing defence stations but increasing their build radius just keeps them pointless.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

One of the big reasons I played a ton of SotS over other 4x space games at the time was the abstracted planets based on size and a research / industry slider. It defined a lot of the game like your homeworld and a size 8 planet or 2 as your heavily defended forge worlds while the rest just made money/tech for you. I could concentrate on my space empire, leaving the terrestrial bs to the appropriate bureaucracy.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

genericnick posted:

I do think the rewards for the Fortress were by far the most powerful rewards there were and I understand that they scaled them back. I'd still be salty if I drew the decoder or encoder though.

Edit: Also in single player you tended to end the game with exactly the same load out each time so that isn't optimal.

The Fortress doesn't show up every game though and even when it does you might not be able to get to it.

Good rewards for a rare event is a good thing. Otherwise they are just blocker for that system. "oh look a ____, guess I'll just go around till I have a 150-200k fleet with giga cannons, then just wipe if of the map and move on."

I burned up most my fleet fighting the fortress twice the first (only) game I saw it.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Cicadalek posted:

I got this game when it was on sale on Steam, I'm enjoying but I've run into an issue. When I try and select my doomstack of ships, the interface in the bottom left doesn't show up \. It shows up when I select anything else, like a station or a science vessel. Just not for my fleet. It used to show up a few hours ago. I can still move the fleet, but I can't split/merge or change admirals or anything. Is this a bug or did I hit some hotkey to disable it?

It's a bug with the fleet display breaking when a fleet has too many ships in it(the battle list will break as well.). To fix select the fleet and hit V to split it, you should be able to see both fleets, if not keep splitting till you do.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Then because of stupid pathing the transports go through a hazardous system and your army of 3 titans, an avatar and whatever goes up in smoke. :argh:

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Taear posted:

I thought it was confirmed that Hyperdrive is becoming the only FTL? Hell, I'd forgotten the others even existed.

No, Wiz said in a stream that in hindsight he would have made Hyperlanes the only starting FTL with Warp/Jump being side-grades and wormholes only being natural ones with fixed points.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Since Stellaris is set in a strange galaxy where most of the planets are one biome(and mostly the same gravity?), maybe terraformed that way by the precursors. So Gaia worlds would be real, virgin earth-like planets.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Well if your race evolved in biomes that were literally perfect for them, they'd likely have less adaptability to imperfect or harsh conditions.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Wiz posted:

PDX Forums Poster posted:

Did you fix the bug with curator scientist being the only one option in elections?
Yes, that bug and its variants are fixed.

Is this the end of Dr. Zib's reign? How will my Empire survive!?

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

You could just find a more suitable bio-trophy somewhere in the galaxy, I'm sure that once you show them the benefits of mandatory pampering they will be happy to procreate for you.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Wiz posted:

Command Limit is a limit on how large any one individual fleet in your empire can be (right now it's a hard-cap, though we might change it into a soft-cap)

I think it should stay a hard cap. Then to go over the Empire fleet cap you got to make the decision to hire a new admiral and really go over it to make that force effective.

Possibly add in some tech for a Reserve Fleet(can't fight) that lowers maintenance till you refit it. So you have some of a new fleet or spares ready for combat losses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

GotLag posted:

The thought occurs to me: if I leave biological populations on a world that I am terraforming to a machine planet, will this kill them all when it's finished?

In a way that feels even more pleasingly despicable than purging: don't even care enough to murder them on purpose.

Once the planet is terraformed it will start to purge them due to 0 habitability, but you'd have time to move them or they will move if you have no restrictions.

• Locked thread